Arch madness seeding

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Arch madness seeding

Postby BuBrave2006 » February 7th, 2017, 11:36 am

Wufan wrote:Did Ronnie Russou leave the team?

Yes
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 7th, 2017, 2:44 pm

I received my all-session tickets today for Arch Madness. I would assume the seating chart would be out soon then?
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » February 7th, 2017, 2:46 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:I received my all-session tickets today for Arch Madness. I would assume the seating chart would be out soon then?

Usually right about this time. I'd guess within the next week.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » February 8th, 2017, 9:11 pm

chitown fanatic wrote:I wouldn't lock UNI into that mix just yet...if BU wins Wednesday and loses Saturday, UNI will likely still need to beat BU next week to get out of PIG mess for good. FWIW, I think MSU and Lusk are the real candidates to go 1-5 down the stretch and play on Thursday. Marty did BU a big favor Saturday. BU fans are big SIU fans the rest of the way against whoever they play until mvc tourney as well.

UNI won tonight
Loyola lost tonight
SIU lost tonight (to UNI)
Drake last last night
Chance are MSU loses tomorrow.

UNI is currently your three seed as UNI holds a season sweep of SIU as a tie break.

Likely seedsthis time tomorrow after the top 2

3. UNI 7-6 with tie break over SIU
4. SIU 7-6
5. MSU 6-7
6. Loyola 6-7
7. Drake 5-8
8. Bradley 4-9
9. Evansville 3-10
10. Indiana State 3-10

A loss Saturday certainly could change things but as of now I'd bet Hacksaws chart will have UNI at about a 4% Hamer of landing in the PIG. 3 of the next 4 are MSU, Bradley and ISUb. I think a win Saturday might lock us out.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirds4Life » February 9th, 2017, 9:11 am

uniftw wrote:
chitown fanatic wrote:I wouldn't lock UNI into that mix just yet...if BU wins Wednesday and loses Saturday, UNI will likely still need to beat BU next week to get out of PIG mess for good. FWIW, I think MSU and Lusk are the real candidates to go 1-5 down the stretch and play on Thursday. Marty did BU a big favor Saturday. BU fans are big SIU fans the rest of the way against whoever they play until mvc tourney as well.

UNI won tonight
Loyola lost tonight
Drake last last night

UNI is currently your three seed as UNI holds a season sweep of SIU as a tie break.

4. SIU 7-6
5. MSU 6-7
6. Loyola 6-7
7. Drake 5-8
8. Bradley 4-9
9. Evansville 3-10
10. Indiana State 3-10

A loss Saturday certainly could change things but as of now I'd bet Hacksaws chart will have UNI at about a 4% Hamer of landing in the PIG. 3 of the next 4 are MSU, Bradley and ISUb. I think a win Saturday might lock us out.

I think that if UNI can take care of business in the 3 games against the bottom teams, they will avoid the PIG. 10-8 wont be in a PIG.

I think that it is looking like BU, Evans, and Ind St. as locks and team 4 probably being Drake at the end of the day...although, Drake doesn't play any of the top 4 the rest of the way.
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby SubGod22 » February 9th, 2017, 10:24 am

Are MSU fans kinda hoping that they're in the PIG? It sounds like that would mean the end of Lusk.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » February 9th, 2017, 10:34 am

Redbirds4Life wrote:
uniftw wrote:

UNI won tonight
Loyola lost tonight
Drake last last night

4. SIU 7-6
5. MSU 6-7
6. Loyola 6-7
7. Drake 5-8
8. Bradley 4-9
9. Evansville 3-10
10. Indiana State 3-10

I think that if UNI can take care of business in the 3 games against the bottom teams, they will avoid the PIG. 10-8 wont be in a PIG.

I think that it is looking like BU, Evans, and Ind St. as locks and team 4 probably being Drake at the end of the day...although, Drake doesn't play any of the top 4 the rest of the way.

Read Hacksaw's stuff.

7 wins might get you out of Thursday, 8 does for sure.

When you have two teams that are going to have over a 3rd of the total wins, it makes the records at the bottom ugly.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » February 9th, 2017, 10:45 am

Redbirds4Life wrote:
uniftw wrote:

UNI won tonight
Loyola lost tonight
Drake last last night

4. SIU 7-6
5. MSU 6-7
6. Loyola 6-7
7. Drake 5-8
8. Bradley 4-9
9. Evansville 3-10
10. Indiana State 3-10

You have to remember that:
UNI swept SIU so if they finish with the same record UNI gets the higher seed.
UNI swept Drake so if they finish with the same record UNI gets the higher seed
UNI has, will have the, RPI edge over every other school in the conference (currently 14 spots higher than the 4th best RPI, which is Loyola).

Based on that it's going to be real, real, hard to UNI to be a PIG team unless they go winless, or maybe 1 more win, the rest of the season. Which, I guess is possible given the fact they lost 7 in a row and 11 of 13 between Thanksgiving and Jan 11th.

However, I'd think UNI is able to pull at least 1 or 2 more wins. Given the tie breaker situation, and rest of the conference, 8 keeps UNI out
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirds4Life » February 9th, 2017, 11:18 am

^Makes sense, hopefully the Birds can get through the rest of the way untouched and can let you and Wichita State battle it out on Saturday.
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BEARZ77 » February 9th, 2017, 11:35 am

SubGod22 wrote:Are MSU fans kinda hoping that they're in the PIG? It sounds like that would mean the end of Lusk.

We're in that terrible place where you love your school, you want to see your players taste success so rooting for a defeat is just not palatable, but even meager levels of success seem to encourage our administration towards stupidity in retaining Lusk. I think we root for wins, but don't agonize over defeats right now, and if it's going to be a defeat, then help us and blow us out of the gym. [ you probably will tonight]
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball