Arch madness seeding

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Arch madness seeding

Postby Illstew » January 30th, 2017, 10:06 am

Is it too early for Hacksaw's seeding probability spreadsheet? With the logjam in the 3-7 spots in the valley, I'm curious to see how it all could play out.
Go Illinois State University Redbirds!
Go Chicago Cubs!
Illstew
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Arch madness seeding

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Arch madness seeding

Postby LanceShock » January 30th, 2017, 10:24 am

It is too early for the sheets that include all possibilities I believe. If you are curious however, I believe Hacksaw does post results from doing 100,000 simulations using Sagarin probabilities on PantherNation. Still gives you a good picture of how seeds are likely to fall out.
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » January 30th, 2017, 10:26 am

Illstew wrote:Is it too early for Hacksaw's seeding probability spreadsheet? With the logjam in the 3-7 spots in the valley, I'm curious to see how it all could play out.

Hasn't been updated in a week, but here:

http://www.panthernation.com/showthread ... 583&page=2
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby hot nuts » January 30th, 2017, 10:42 am

I hope Redbird fans' seats are closer to the floor than last year.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Play Angry » January 30th, 2017, 11:44 am

hot nuts wrote:I hope Redbird fans' seats are closer to the floor than last year.

Based upon early returns in ticket sales, the location will suck. Top 2 teams w/r/t sales volume always get stuck in the endzones.

It is such a dumb system.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Khan4Cats » January 30th, 2017, 12:25 pm

Play Angry wrote:
hot nuts wrote:I hope Redbird fans' seats are closer to the floor than last year.

Based upon early returns in ticket sales, the location will suck. Top 2 teams w/r/t sales volume always get stuck in the endzones.

The anticipated top two teams are usually given the ends of the arena that face the cameras behind the benches (center section is VIP and the area immediately behind the benches are for families/AD). This is done on the expectation that the top two seeds will make the final and the visual for TV will be solid. The rest of the seating is rotated among the schools as to who is in front and who is in back, but usually those schools will be on the camera side of the court.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Hacksaw » January 30th, 2017, 12:58 pm

Timely request OP, I was planning to get this posted here today. LanceShock is right, I'm still running simulations for a couple weeks, then will plan to switch over to all possibilities with 4 games per team remaining.
Hacksaw
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby Illstew » January 30th, 2017, 1:18 pm

Thank you, Hacksaw. I really appreciate the effort you put into this.
Go Illinois State University Redbirds!
Go Chicago Cubs!
Illstew
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby Play Angry » January 30th, 2017, 1:21 pm

Khan4Cats wrote:
Play Angry wrote:

The anticipated top two teams are usually given the ends of the arena that face the cameras behind the benches (center section is VIP and the area immediately behind the benches are for families/AD). This is done on the expectation that the top two seeds will make the final and the visual for TV will be solid. The rest of the seating is rotated among the schools as to who is in front and who is in back, but usually those schools will be on the camera side of the court.

Yep, I'm aware that is arranged for optics on CBS but it is a real crap sandwich reward for a team that travels well, especially when you spend every game looking at the several dozen fans from the < 250 ticket sales schools occupying low row seats adjacent to center court.

It is dumb and disincentivizes attendance for the top traveling teams. Rather than catering to a 9 seed who will bring fifty non-relatives to the tournament, the league should enhance turnout from the schools bringing 2k+ all-session purchasers in an effort to squeeze an extra 500+ attendees from those institutions.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Play Angry » January 30th, 2017, 1:27 pm

Illstew wrote:Thank you, Hacksaw. I really appreciate the effort you put into this.

:+1:
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball