Arch madness seeding

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Arch madness seeding

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 23rd, 2017, 8:42 am

Hacksaw wrote:Image

Anybody want to bet Missouri State finishes 6th? You can have the field and I'll take the Bears...
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Tom Servo » February 23rd, 2017, 8:53 am

TheObserver wrote:But UNI is finishing 3rd damn it.

Anyone seen Khan?

Go Aces!
Tom Servo
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby salukisideline » February 23rd, 2017, 9:09 am

Khan4Cats wrote:

Anyone seen Khan?

Weird, right where just about everyone everyone picked them. I thought for sure we were locked into Thursday based on all of the experts discussion on here. Now I wish we could have done better than 5-3 against the bottom 4, but that wouldn't have made a difference in the standings.

Not a real big fan of the 3-6 game late on Friday and then having to play again Saturday afternoon, but given UNI's history, we probably won't be around on Saturday anyways.

I really enjoyed this post! :Cheers:
salukisideline
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Cdizzle » February 23rd, 2017, 9:26 am

Khan4Cats wrote:

Anyone seen Khan?

Weird, right where just about everyone everyone picked them. I thought for sure we were locked into Thursday based on all of the experts discussion on here. Now I wish we could have done better than 5-3 against the bottom 4, but that wouldn't have made a difference in the standings.

Not a real big fan of the 3-6 game late on Friday and then having to play again Saturday afternoon, but given UNI's history, we probably won't be around on Saturday anyways.

Hang a banner.

2017 - Only 8 games back!!
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheObserver » February 23rd, 2017, 9:42 am

Khan4Cats wrote:

Anyone seen Khan?

If it's all about 3rd, then you should throw a parade this week. Likely finishing 9-9 and 13-15. The standards are set high.

But hey you finished THIRD.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Redhawk » February 23rd, 2017, 9:54 am

TheObserver wrote:
Khan4Cats wrote:

Anyone seen Khan?

If it's all about 3rd, then you should throw a parade this week. Likely finishing 9-9 and 13-15. The standards are set high.

UNI has finished 3rd in the MVC 4 of the last 6 years and only above that line once. I think that is the status quo of the program. Do not foresee that improving anytime soon!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » February 23rd, 2017, 10:43 am

Redhawk wrote:
TheObserver wrote:
Khan4Cats wrote:

UNI has finished 3rd in the MVC 4 of the last 6 years and only above that line once. I think that is the status quo of the program. Do not foresee that improving anytime soon!

Barring any really good transfers IN to UNI, next year is going to be really rough for them.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BlersGuy » February 23rd, 2017, 1:48 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Play Angry wrote:
Khan4Cats wrote:
The anticipated top two teams are usually given the ends of the arena that face the cameras behind the benches (center section is VIP and the area immediately behind the benches are for families/AD). This is done on the expectation that the top two seeds will make the final and the visual for TV will be solid. The rest of the seating is rotated among the schools as to who is in front and who is in back, but usually those schools will be on the camera side of the court.

Yep, I'm aware that is arranged for optics on CBS but it is a real crap sandwich reward for a team that travels well, especially when you spend every game looking at the several dozen fans from the < 250 ticket sales schools occupying low row seats adjacent to center court.

It is dumb and disincentivizes attendance for the top traveling teams. Rather than catering to a 9 seed who will bring fifty non-relatives to the tournament, the league should enhance turnout from the schools bringing 2k+ all-session purchasers in an effort to squeeze an extra 500+ attendees from those institutions.

I agree Play Angry, well said. Your thought process for increasing ticket sales makes complete sense by generating more from those top teams who know they have a better chance of making it deep into the weekend.

This makes sense, but I think it's just in the mapping of the Scottrade Center. The ends have the most seats, where a team that has a massive turnout can fit everybody, whereas the sides are shorter in height where it's easier to fit multiple smaller fanbases. I can agree though, the sides definitely provide a better view. However, I think the main reason is just to get people from smaller fanbases to go, even if their seeding sucks
Let's Go 'Blers
BlersGuy
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby squirrel » February 24th, 2017, 3:52 pm

What's really crazy about the RPI battle between the Bears and Braves, is that MSU played 2 different in-season home-and-home series (SEMO and DePaul). The 2 teams also share SEMO as an opponent, as well as Chicago St.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MSUDuo » February 24th, 2017, 4:12 pm

squirrel wrote:What's really crazy about the RPI battle between the Bears and Braves, is that MSU played 2 different in-season home-and-home series (SEMO and DePaul). The 2 teams also share SEMO as an opponent, as well as Chicago St.

Neither were a home and home series.

For one, the 2nd game against DePaul was in Vegas.

Second, one of the SEMO games was created by the tournament organizers. We had no say in it.
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball