National Polls

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: National Polls

Postby SubGod22 » February 20th, 2017, 12:08 pm

Also entered the Coaches poll at 25
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Redbirds4Life » February 20th, 2017, 12:45 pm

Woo! We have a top 25 win now! :dance:

As much as other Redbird fans I talk to disagree, they are just wrong...it is better for us that Wichita State keeps winning. The better they do, the better that win looks, and that's our best win. Winning the league regular season as co-champs or by yourself doesn't mean a difference in the committees eyes.
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Old School MVC » February 20th, 2017, 12:49 pm

Congrats to Shockers! My "Eye Test" has seen that for a few weeks now! Glad to see the national recognition.
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Old School MVC » February 20th, 2017, 12:52 pm

Redbirds4Life wrote:Woo! We have a top 25 win now! :dance:

That was when the Redbirds were playing like a Top 25 team. They are playing like a bubble team in the NIT right now!
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 20th, 2017, 1:12 pm

As much as other Redbird fans I talk to disagree, they are just wrong...it is better for us that Wichita State keeps winning. The better they do, the better that win looks, and that's our best win. Winning the league regular season as co-champs or by yourself doesn't mean a difference in the committees eyes.

Who disagrees from our fanbase?

Also, are you just going to avoid your love affair comments with UNI huh? I bet if UNI kept it close you would have been on here bragging something fierce. Instead...you avoid it.

I am a fellow fan, but I literally don't value your basketball opinion much at all
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 20th, 2017, 1:12 pm

Old School MVC wrote:

That was when the Redbirds were playing like a Top 25 team. They are playing like a bubble team in the NIT right now!

Truth
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheObserver » February 20th, 2017, 1:13 pm

They look a lot better especially when they beat a team by 29 who some thought they'd only win by 5.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Redbirds4Life » February 20th, 2017, 2:08 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:

Also, are you just going to avoid your love affair comments with UNI huh? I bet if UNI kept it close you would have been on here bragging something fierce. Instead...you avoid it.

I am a fellow fan, but I literally don't value your basketball opinion much at all

I didn't have that argument with you, so who are you to call me out. Get a life man.

The person who should is Cdizzle...still not a big fan of yours my man, but

cdizzle, you were right, I was wrong. Time to eat crow. Thought UNI had more, but the guys couldn't done for me. Wallet took a hit, and I am sure my book will still answer my call... I could make excuses all day, but they got it handed to them at the Roundhouse so 'tip of the cap' to you.
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 20th, 2017, 2:17 pm

Redbirds4Life wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:

I didn't have that argument with you, so who are you to call me out. Get a life man.

When you mock my opinion and tell me I'm living in "La La Land" when I rank Missouri State and Loyola ahead of UNI for teams I don't want to face the most, then yes, it becomes my argument as well.

Sorry you lost money, but nearly everyone on here warned you at some point in time over the last week.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Play Angry » February 20th, 2017, 3:11 pm

Looking back through the history of the MVC, Louisville and Oklahoma State tied for the longest streak for consecutive seasons ranked in the AP Poll (9). Among current members, Wichita State and Bradley are tied for the longest (6).

Here are the longest streaks for current and semi-recently departed members:

Current Members:

WSU - 6
Bradley - 6
Drake - 3
Loyola - 0 in MVC (3 during their time as an Independent)
SIU - 2
Indiana State - 2
Northern Iowa - 1
Illinois State - 1
Evansville - 0 (Never ranked)
Missouri State - 0 (Never ranked)

Recent Former Members:

Tulsa - 4
Creighton - 2 in the MVC (4 total counting the transition to the Big East)
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball