Game 11!

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Game 11!

Postby TheObserver » February 1st, 2017, 10:01 pm

Khan4Cats wrote:The Redbirds play great defense and they just can't hit a shot. UNI is doing nothing to be able to stay with them, they don't have the athletic ability. Should be a 30 point game.

L
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby WSpringsBird » February 1st, 2017, 10:13 pm

Khan4Cats wrote:
glm38 wrote:In watching the UNI ISUr game I can't decide if both teams are playing great defense? Or if both teams are just inept on offense (tonight).

The Redbirds play great defense and they just can't hit a shot. UNI is doing nothing to be able to stay with them, they don't have the athletic ability. Should be a 30 point game.

FWIW, I thought UNI played really good defense in the second half.
WSpringsBird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 1st, 2017, 10:16 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
musiccitybulldog wrote::huh:

Tuesday
LU @ MSU - MSU -2
tip in to win

Wednesday
UE @ ISUb - UE-11
A lot of good shooting by UE

WSU @ DU - DU -7 OT
McDuffie will have big game but not big enough. Drake plays good defense and hitting shots.

BU @ SIU - BU-3 OT
Bradley hits a big three out of a time out to win.

UNI @ ISUr - UNI - 12
UNI playing well. Big guys can score - and hit 3's. UNI will cause a lot of conversation heading towards the tournament.

:huh:

My bet is you go 0-5 or 1-4 on those predictions

1-4
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirds4Life » February 2nd, 2017, 7:57 am

^Roasted Him! :dance:
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Redbirdgrad » February 2nd, 2017, 7:58 am

Redbird defense was on full display last night. Great rotations on D and we played the skip pass very effectively. Northern Iowa round 1 was our smartest opponent yet in how they attempted to attack us, yet we still came out on top despite a horrid shooting night.

Life without MM will be tough on offense, but defense hasn't missed a beat.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirds4Life » February 2nd, 2017, 8:28 am

Redbirdgrad wrote:Redbird defense was on full display last night. Great rotations on D and we played the skip pass very effectively. Northern Iowa round 1 was our smartest opponent yet in how they attempted to attack us, yet we still came out on top despite a horrid shooting night.

I think that Saturday is going to be tough to win for the Birds, but if their defense shows up and they don't shoot like they did last night, they will beat Wichita State. They have to have their best game of the year to win, but even without MiKyle, they can still come in and pull a shocker. I am really curious what the line on that game will be.
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 2nd, 2017, 8:31 am

Redbirdgrad wrote:Redbird defense was on full display last night. Great rotations on D and we played the skip pass very effectively. Northern Iowa round 1 was our smartest opponent yet in how they attempted to attack us, yet we still came out on top despite a horrid shooting night.

DJ Clayton took the night off on offense. We need him, Tony Wills and Keyshawn Evans to pick it up to help some scoring in life without...

I think we are in big trouble Saturday without McIntosh. My guess is WSU gets us in foul trouble early (warranted or not) and we lose by double digits.

ZONE ZONE ZONE ZONE
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SalukiHoops » February 2nd, 2017, 8:36 am

Redbirds4Life wrote:^Roasted Him! :dance:

how dare he pick against my beloved Salukis at home vs BU
SalukiHoops
SalukiHoops
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby TheObserver » February 2nd, 2017, 8:58 am

Redbirds4Life wrote:

I think that Saturday is going to be tough to win for the Birds, but if their defense shows up and they don't shoot like they did last night, they will beat Wichita State. They have to have their best game of the year to win, but even without MiKyle, they can still come in and pull a shocker. I am really curious what the line on that game will be.

WSU will be favored by about 6 or 7.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TheObserver » February 2nd, 2017, 9:11 am

BirdsEyeView wrote: My guess is WSU gets us in foul trouble early (warranted or not)

I'm confused by what this means.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball