Game 11!

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Game 11!

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 2nd, 2017, 8:31 am

Redbirdgrad wrote:Redbird defense was on full display last night. Great rotations on D and we played the skip pass very effectively. Northern Iowa round 1 was our smartest opponent yet in how they attempted to attack us, yet we still came out on top despite a horrid shooting night.

Life without MM will be tough on offense, but defense hasn't missed a beat.

DJ Clayton took the night off on offense. We need him, Tony Wills and Keyshawn Evans to pick it up to help some scoring in life without...

I think we are in big trouble Saturday without McIntosh. My guess is WSU gets us in foul trouble early (warranted or not) and we lose by double digits.

ZONE ZONE ZONE ZONE
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby SalukiHoops » February 2nd, 2017, 8:36 am

Redbirds4Life wrote:^Roasted Him! :dance:

how dare he pick against my beloved Salukis at home vs BU
SalukiHoops
SalukiHoops
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby TheObserver » February 2nd, 2017, 8:58 am

Redbirds4Life wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:Redbird defense was on full display last night. Great rotations on D and we played the skip pass very effectively. Northern Iowa round 1 was our smartest opponent yet in how they attempted to attack us, yet we still came out on top despite a horrid shooting night.

Life without MM will be tough on offense, but defense hasn't missed a beat.

I think that Saturday is going to be tough to win for the Birds, but if their defense shows up and they don't shoot like they did last night, they will beat Wichita State. They have to have their best game of the year to win, but even without MiKyle, they can still come in and pull a shocker. I am really curious what the line on that game will be.

WSU will be favored by about 6 or 7.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TheObserver » February 2nd, 2017, 9:11 am

BirdsEyeView wrote: My guess is WSU gets us in foul trouble early (warranted or not)

I'm confused by what this means.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 2nd, 2017, 9:15 am

TheObserver wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote: My guess is WSU gets us in foul trouble early (warranted or not)

Just that we will get in foul trouble early. Whether it's home cooking calls or legitimate foul calls (who knows).

Either way, I think we need to zone you guys on Saturday to have a shot and stay out of foul trouble.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheObserver » February 2nd, 2017, 9:55 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
TheObserver wrote:

Just that we will get in foul trouble early. Whether it's home cooking calls or legitimate foul calls (who knows).

Either way, I think we need to zone you guys on Saturday to have a shot and stay out of foul trouble.

So we're blaming losses already on officiating 3 days before the actual game?
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 2nd, 2017, 9:59 am

TheObserver wrote:
So we're blaming losses already on officiating 3 days before the actual game?

OMG no. I never said it was because of officiating. I just said I bet we get into foul trouble one way or another. Stop reading the negative in every post...this is why you are soooo confrontational.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheObserver » February 2nd, 2017, 10:15 am

OMG, look at your reaction.

If you didn't want a response, then insinuating that calls made "warranted or not" 3 days before the game probably didn't need to be said. You're clearly saying WSU is going to get home cooking and that you're going to lose because of it. I'm reacting to that inane idea. You got defensive about it for no other reason than the fact that I said what you were implying.

If I made the same statement before the game in Normal, you would have blown an OMG gasket.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 2nd, 2017, 10:21 am

TheObserver wrote:OMG, look at your reaction.

If you didn't want a response, then insinuating that calls made "warranted or not" 3 days before the game probably didn't need to be said. You're clearly saying WSU is going to get home cooking and that you're going to lose because of it. I'm reacting to that inane idea. You got defensive about it for no other reason than the fact that I said what you were implying.

If I made the same statement before the game in Normal, you would have blown an OMG gasket.

Not at all what I was implying. My goodness man. McIntosh being out would take MUCH more of a blame than pre-empting what the refs MIGHT do. That's just asinine to predict what the refs will do. That's why I left it open for interpretation...one way or another.

Take some zoloft. It will help you.

Foe before this goes any further. There was ABSOLUTELY no ill will here!
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 2nd, 2017, 10:53 am

TheObserver wrote:If that's not you were insinuating and it wasn't a big deal, don't you think the statement in parentheses probably was unnecessary?

Zoloft? You, of all people, are prescribing me Zoloft? :lol: Keep the personal attacks that make little sense coming. That seems to be your MO when you get responses you don't like seeing.

How do I foe again - I forget....anybody? There is absolutely no reason for this above post.

Just notice none of your other WSU fans (Cdizzle) is up in arms over this...only you as you love creating confrontation out of very little (hence Zoloft to calm you down).
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball