Wichita State Vs Illinois State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Wichita State Vs Illinois State

Postby hot nuts » February 4th, 2017, 9:54 pm

Woof....feel like I've been run over by a combine.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby WSpringsBird » February 4th, 2017, 9:56 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:
BirdmanBB wrote:
Shockerfan13 wrote:Lol Dan Muller with the blow by handshake. Go pout you big baby lol

You would too the way Mashall was pressing up 37. Congrats on your win though. Shockers played well and made the birds flat out give up by the half.

1. This isn't little league
2. The alley oop up double digits and a minute left in Normal was a signal from Muller that anything is fair game.
3. Play a full 40

Play a full 40 but dunk only for the first 39 minutes of the game?
WSpringsBird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Aargh » February 4th, 2017, 10:05 pm

It's hard for Marshall to "clear his bench" when a game is decided. He "clears his bench" during the normal course of about every game. Marshall could have his entire second unit on the floor and opponents would still think he was playing the "starters" because he'd be playing players who have been regular contributors earlier in the game.

Redbird fans don't need any more bad news, but a reality check about McIntosh might help them grasp some realities they apparently haven't realized yet. When a player comes back from a meniscus repair, they aren't in game shape. It may be OK to get on the knee without further damage, but that doesn't mean the player can use the knee the way they use it in games. McDuffie had a similar repair this summer. He was struggling with it for a good 3 or 4 weeks after his recovery period.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » February 4th, 2017, 10:07 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:
Play Angry wrote:80-41 and the Shockers have cleared the bench w/4+ minutes to go..

We cleared ours with 12 minutes left tho :)

Quitters gonna quit.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheObserver » February 4th, 2017, 10:07 pm

Aces1982 wrote:Observer I have a question. If scoring differential matters like you say it does. Wouldn't the drubbing on your home court by one of the bottom teams in big 12 be a bad loss? The only saving grace is the final was only 17 points but it was much worse then that if anyone actually watched the game.

You can't have it both way, saying scoring differential matters and WSU doesn't have a bad loss. Which is it?

Oklahoma State wins at #7 West Virginia.

RPI is at 29.

Good night. :lol: :lol: :lol:
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby 2livewu » February 4th, 2017, 10:08 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:Congrats to Wichita tho they played outstanding tonight. Hopefully we both win out and play round 3 Sunday in St Louis!

Indeed. Get McIntosh healthy and 'let's have a great one on the first Sunday in March.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » February 4th, 2017, 10:08 pm

WSpringsBird wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:
BirdmanBB wrote:
You would too the way Mashall was pressing up 37. Congrats on your win though. Shockers played well and made the birds flat out give up by the half.

1. This isn't little league
2. The alley oop up double digits and a minute left in Normal was a signal from Muller that anything is fair game.
3. Play a full 40

Play a full 40 but dunk only for the first 39 minutes of the game?

I don't know how you got that out of my post. I have no problem with what happened in Normal, we shouldn't have left him open. It's also a motivator though.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheObserver » February 4th, 2017, 10:11 pm

retire12, can I get a data check?

How about a data check on the game?

Where the hell did he go? Picking his carcass up from off the curb? :?
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TheObserver » February 4th, 2017, 10:13 pm

Absolute thorough domination in all facets of the game. WSU left no doubt. Illinois State acted like they've never seen the lights before. Clearly not ready for the spotlight. I've never seen so many bricks, airballs, and completely horrible shots in one night in my life. WSU's defense clearly came through with that as well. Not a bad 86 output against the conference's best defense.

Welcome back to reality.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ShoxNAwe » February 4th, 2017, 10:19 pm

Aces1982 wrote:Are there any Shocker fans out there that can look at things objectively? Maybe take off the yellow glasses. They get butt hurt anytime their team is mentioned and take offense to it.

The most annoying fan base around and it's not even close.

They turn their nose to entire MVC as an elitist. Yet when KU does it to them all they do is whine and cry about it.

Dan Muller was asked why he took his starters out and left them out. He said he wanted them to feel how it is to be dominated. This isn't bragging or elitist, it's facts.
ShoxNAwe
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball