Wichita State Vs Illinois State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Wichita State Vs Illinois State

Postby Redhawk » February 5th, 2017, 8:22 am

Play Angry wrote:The pessimism/giving up on ISUr's at-large chances seems premature. 17-1 and a finals appearance at Arch Madness will very much keep you in the conversation.

The loss itself last night was not as damaging as the complete obliteration from an "eye test" standpoint just a month away from Selection Sunday. Those saying it made sense to fold up the tent for the final third of the game are spouting nonsense.

The Shocks and Bird have no margin for error the rest of the way. We will see if either of them blinks.

Not giving up but the MM loss takes a lot of wind out of the sails. The problem is "no margin for error"
which is a big burden for this team without their best player.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Play Angry » February 5th, 2017, 8:38 am

Well luckily you have zero games left against decent teams. You just have to suck it up and figure out a way to wade through the trash.
Last edited by Play Angry on February 5th, 2017, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSpringsBird » February 5th, 2017, 8:39 am

Redhawk wrote:
Play Angry wrote:The pessimism/giving up on ISUr's at-large chances seems premature. 17-1 and a finals appearance at Arch Madness will very much keep you in the conversation.

The loss itself last night was not as damaging as the complete obliteration from an "eye test" standpoint just a month away from Selection Sunday. Those saying it made sense to fold up the tent for the final third of the game are spouting nonsense.

The Shocks and Bird have no margin for error the rest of the way. We will see if either of them blinks.

Not giving up but the MM loss takes a lot of wind out of the sails. The problem is "no margin for error"
which is a big burden for this team without their best player.

Right now, in terms of the quality of our play, we are just a lot closer to UNI/MSU/SIU than to WSU. We have not looked good in any game since we beat Bradley. I said before yesterday's game that we were not playing well enough to win out. I believe we have three more very high-risk games: at MO State, at Drake, and at Northern Iowa.

PlayAngry, I appreciate the sentiment and would like to believe the Birds could be in the at-large discussion. But I am just not seeing it.
WSpringsBird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 5th, 2017, 9:36 am

I was unable to watch the game, and now I won't. But, what the f happened!?

Embarrassing.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirdgrad » February 5th, 2017, 10:40 am

Just wanted to pass along my congrats to the Shox... looks like a great game.

Had to watch it via box score on my phone as the family had an untimely death last night and priorities have shifted.

Kudos to Shox.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » February 5th, 2017, 10:53 am

Redbirdgrad wrote:Just wanted to pass along my congrats to the Shox... looks like a great game.

Had to watch it via box score on my phone as the family had an untimely death last night and priorities have shifted.

Kudos to Shox.

Sorry to hear about the loss of a loved one. Condolences to you and your family!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirdgrad » February 5th, 2017, 11:16 am

Wufan wrote:
Redbirdgrad wrote:Just wanted to pass along my congrats to the Shox... looks like a great game.

Kudos to Shox.

Sorry to hear about the loss of a loved one. Condolences to you and your family!

All good. Life happens. Thanks for the kind words. Good luck the rest of the way!
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Play Angry » February 5th, 2017, 11:52 am

Wufan wrote:

Kudos to Shox.

:+1:
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ShoxNAwe » February 5th, 2017, 12:51 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:I was unable to watch the game, and now I won't. But, what the f happened!?

Embarrassing.

Wichita State took control in the last five minutes of the first half and blew the game open right after the intermission. The Shockers used a devastating 35-4 run to settle matters early and moved back into a tie for the Valley lead with a resounding 86-45 victory before a loud and sold-out Charles Koch Arena crowd of 10,506.

“That was an old-fashioned butt whipping in every way imaginable,” said Dan Muller, who suffered his worst loss in five years as ISU’s coach.
ShoxNAwe
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby SalukiHoops » February 5th, 2017, 2:56 pm

After seeing last night's beating, I do not want to see a rematch in The Finals. :cry:
SalukiHoops
SalukiHoops
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball