Wichita State Vs Illinois State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Wichita State Vs Illinois State

Postby Rollbird5 » February 2nd, 2017, 5:52 pm

Isu needs Lee, Hawkins, and Fayne to hit their scoring averages and for Evans/Clayton/Wills to provide the other scoring boost. Our defense will show up, and we will need to keep the rebounding battle close. I'm worried about many guys playing in this type of environment for the first time. Need to have poise, withstand wsu runs, and play our game. Need a hot start to put the pressure on the shockers as well. Just stay in the game and make one or two more plays at the end. Redbirds win 63-61
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby LanceShock » February 2nd, 2017, 7:09 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:Ahh yes, another post from the great observer proving his observational skills are supremely lacking. Oh the irony...

You do realize the super bowl talk going on is tongue in cheek right? We're mocking you for all of the times you call your games with everyone their "Super Bowl".

But I guess that high level of thinking is beyond you.

Tell me, do you guys always go around posting "yellow out" posters, notices, and tweets every game? Isn't this a common occurrence on your campus?

The R Kelly game is on. Can't wait...

You guys should win without MM playing... better hope so too... because if you lose........

Of course it is tongue and cheek. Both of the games between IlSU and WSU are/were huge games for each program because there is an NCAA berth on the line, not just because of the game in itself. WSU has faced a lot of road games in the last few years where it felt like beating WSU would be the big accomplishment for the season.

By the way, students get free tickets to all the home games as part of a deal with the student government, not just this game on Saturday.
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ACECARD » February 2nd, 2017, 7:47 pm

Going to go with the Shocks in this one. Home Court will be too much for the Birds.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirds4Life » February 2nd, 2017, 8:31 pm

I'm excited to see what happens. You have one team that is desperate to get this win and another trying to become the big dog. It should be great, so long as the schmuck Mark Adams isn't on the call. I don't want to hate on the guy too much, cus you can tell he loves the league, but man, does he make this league look low rent....
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TheObserver » February 2nd, 2017, 11:14 pm

Redbirdgrad wrote:Ahh yes, another post from the great observer proving his observational skills are supremely lacking. Oh the irony...

You do realize the super bowl talk going on is tongue in cheek right? We're mocking you for all of the times you call your games with everyone their "Super Bowl".

But I guess that high level of thinking is beyond you.

Tell me, do you guys always go around posting "yellow out" posters, notices, and tweets every game? Isn't this a common occurrence on your campus?

The R Kelly game is on. Can't wait...

You guys should win without MM playing... better hope so too... because if you lose........

Well, judging by the attendance figures every time WSU rolls into town, it kinda is. Sorry if that's a kick in the cornflakes to ya.

Actually yes. The arena is yellow'ed out every game and student tickets are free for every game.

Because if we lose what? You'll start acting like the WSU fans you hate, because you're more entitled than us now? Is that how you hypocritically flip the script?

I hope you enjoyed the top while you had the chance.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Rambler63 » February 2nd, 2017, 11:27 pm

Has anybody worked out the RPI if WSU wins and the two teams sweep the rest of the season? I'm assuming ISU has enough of an advantage (currently RPI 33 to WSU's 68) that a loss on the road to WSU would still keep the Redbirds ahead in RPI (which is now the tiebreaker when teams split 1-1).

If both teams finish 17-1 and ISU wins the #1 seed on the RPI tiebreaker, does that mean we get a 21 page thread on what counts as winning the regular season title?
Rambler63
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » February 3rd, 2017, 1:06 am

Who was the idiot in the league office to schedule this as game 12 and not game 18?
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » February 3rd, 2017, 3:29 am

Redbirds4Life wrote:I'm excited to see what happens. You have one team that is desperate to get this win and another trying to become the big dog. It should be great, so long as the schmuck Mark Adams isn't on the call. I don't want to hate on the guy too much, cus you can tell he loves the league, but man, does he make this league look low rent....

I don't agree about Mark Adams. Not a schmuck at all. Sometimes he does lay it on a little too thick with the whole "renaissance conference" thing. But he really knows and loves the MVC. I look forward to his broadcasts.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » February 3rd, 2017, 6:36 am

Rambler63 wrote:Has anybody worked out the RPI if WSU wins and the two teams sweep the rest of the season? I'm assuming ISU has enough of an advantage (currently RPI 33 to WSU's 68) that a loss on the road to WSU would still keep the Redbirds ahead in RPI (which is now the tiebreaker when teams split 1-1).

If both teams finish 17-1 and ISU wins the #1 seed on the RPI tiebreaker, does that mean we get a 21 page thread on what counts as winning the regular season title?

I believe a17-1 WSU would have a better RPI than a 15-3 ISUr.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirds4Life » February 3rd, 2017, 7:13 am

glm38 wrote:
Redbirds4Life wrote:I'm excited to see what happens. You have one team that is desperate to get this win and another trying to become the big dog. It should be great, so long as the schmuck Mark Adams isn't on the call. I don't want to hate on the guy too much, cus you can tell he loves the league, but man, does he make this league look low rent....

I don't agree about Mark Adams. Not a schmuck at all. Sometimes he does lay it on a little too thick with the whole "renaissance conference" thing. But he really knows and loves the MVC. I look forward to his broadcasts.

I hear ya and everyone has their opinion. I just don't get why he has to say such over the top things the whole game about the league. Guy does his homework and like I said, he loves the MVC like no other. I just think, when people I know see Lee/Ball comparisons, or talk about bad teams like they are the "best kept secret in college basketball", I get the texts, "where did your league get this guy?" I just have to reply, "he's our carney." I get why people would think he's good, but I think he's more harm than good....id rather just have the basketball speak for itself instead of hearing the things he says that are a bit over the top, hence why I called it low rent.
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball