Wichita State Vs Illinois State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Wichita State Vs Illinois State

Postby Redbirds4Life » February 3rd, 2017, 7:15 am

Wufan wrote:
Rambler63 wrote:Has anybody worked out the RPI if WSU wins and the two teams sweep the rest of the season? I'm assuming ISU has enough of an advantage (currently RPI 33 to WSU's 68) that a loss on the road to WSU would still keep the Redbirds ahead in RPI (which is now the tiebreaker when teams split 1-1).

If both teams finish 17-1 and ISU wins the #1 seed on the RPI tiebreaker, does that mean we get a 21 page thread on what counts as winning the regular season title?

I believe a17-1 WSU would have a better RPI than a 15-3 ISUr.

Do you really believe ISU is going 15-3?
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Stickboy46 » February 3rd, 2017, 7:29 am

Redbirds4Life wrote:
Wufan wrote:
Rambler63 wrote:Has anybody worked out the RPI if WSU wins and the two teams sweep the rest of the season? I'm assuming ISU has enough of an advantage (currently RPI 33 to WSU's 68) that a loss on the road to WSU would still keep the Redbirds ahead in RPI (which is now the tiebreaker when teams split 1-1).

If both teams finish 17-1 and ISU wins the #1 seed on the RPI tiebreaker, does that mean we get a 21 page thread on what counts as winning the regular season title?

I believe a17-1 WSU would have a better RPI than a 15-3 ISUr.

Do you really believe ISU is going 15-3?

It's FAR more realistic with MM going out for most of the remainder of the regular season. That and ISUs offense has looked really bad the last few games
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby LanceShock » February 3rd, 2017, 7:36 am

I used the RPIWizard on rpiforecast.com to test out the scenario where the IlSU loses to WSU and they both win the rest of their games. WSU ends up with an rpi of 36 and IlSU has an rpi of 26.
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Redhawk » February 3rd, 2017, 7:55 am

The Latest ESPN Bracketology has both ISUr and WSU in the tournament.

Will the Birds still be in if they lose to the Shockers?
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby hot nuts » February 3rd, 2017, 7:57 am

glm38 wrote:I don't agree about Mark Adams. Not a schmuck at all. Sometimes he does lay it on a little too thick with the whole "renaissance conference" thing. But he really knows and loves the MVC. I look forward to his broadcasts.

:+1:

As for the game...I'll take Shockers by double digits.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shocktheheart » February 3rd, 2017, 8:54 am

Redbirds4Life wrote:I'm excited to see what happens. You have one team that is desperate to get this win and another trying to become the big dog. It should be great, so long as the schmuck Mark Adams isn't on the call. I don't want to hate on the guy too much, cus you can tell he loves the league, but man, does he make this league look low rent....

Mark Adams is on the call and will come up with some player whose numbers are somewhat the same as a legend, but it will be a ridiculous comparison.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » February 3rd, 2017, 8:54 am

Yes already see that coming
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » February 3rd, 2017, 8:55 am

glm38 wrote:
Redbirds4Life wrote:I'm excited to see what happens. You have one team that is desperate to get this win and another trying to become the big dog. It should be great, so long as the schmuck Mark Adams isn't on the call. I don't want to hate on the guy too much, cus you can tell he loves the league, but man, does he make this league look low rent....

I don't agree about Mark Adams. Not a schmuck at all. Sometimes he does lay it on a little too thick with the whole "renaissance conference" thing. But he really knows and loves the MVC. I look forward to his broadcasts.

Mitch Holtus is the "renaissance conference" guy
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SubGod22 » February 3rd, 2017, 9:01 am

shocktheheart wrote:
glm38 wrote:

I don't agree about Mark Adams. Not a schmuck at all. Sometimes he does lay it on a little too thick with the whole "renaissance conference" thing. But he really knows and loves the MVC. I look forward to his broadcasts.

Mitch Holtus is the "renaissance conference" guy

And I believe he is on the call as well.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SubGod22 » February 3rd, 2017, 9:04 am

In this scenario, it's a co-champions scenario. It wouldn't be the first time it's happened. The seeing at the tournament doesn't change that. And honestly, I'd be okay with it. At least I'd get to go home and watch our first game on Friday live instead of trying to find a way to watch it at work without getting in trouble.

Both teams still have work to do.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball