Wichita State Vs Illinois State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Wichita State Vs Illinois State

Postby Redbirdgrad » February 3rd, 2017, 9:08 am

SubGod22 wrote:
Both teams still have work to do.

Absolutely this. No matter what happens on Saturday, ISU is playing 3-4 weeks without one of their top 3.
Wichita has had problems starting games on the road in the past couple.

Should Wichita win, and they'll be favored and will most likely hold serve as well... there's no guarantee either team finishes at 17-1, even though it would be best for the Valley if they did.

WAY too many more games to play.
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Redbirdgrad » February 3rd, 2017, 9:19 am

ShockerFever... you continue to want to call me out on your board... I'm right here. Hurley and I were actually having a decent conversation but you wanted to throw shade.

Stop being the weakling standing behind his buddies pointing fingers and shouting, but secretly praying nothing actually happens. It's way too cliche of you.

My argument is this... Wichita has two advantages Saturday... no MM and the environment will be awesome. But your team has performed poorly when playing good competition. Which will win out? My argument there is that the Birds can get it done because they already shown they can beat good teams (yours). While Wichita has fallen flat every time.

If you'd like to continue the discussion on this point, please feel free.. otherwise quit running behind your friends and provoking just to provoke. College basketball fans can actually discuss without the hate. Several on your board are quite good at it. Follow their example.

I hope you respond in a basketball related manner. Thanks!
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » February 3rd, 2017, 9:22 am

shocktheheart wrote:
glm38 wrote:
Redbirds4Life wrote:I'm excited to see what happens. You have one team that is desperate to get this win and another trying to become the big dog. It should be great, so long as the schmuck Mark Adams isn't on the call. I don't want to hate on the guy too much, cus you can tell he loves the league, but man, does he make this league look low rent....

I don't agree about Mark Adams. Not a schmuck at all. Sometimes he does lay it on a little too thick with the whole "renaissance conference" thing. But he really knows and loves the MVC. I look forward to his broadcasts.

Mitch Holtus is the "renaissance conference" guy

Yeah you are right. I had them confused. They both lay it on a little thick sometimes for my taste but I do like them both.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » February 3rd, 2017, 9:30 am

Redhawk wrote:The Latest ESPN Bracketology has both ISUr and WSU in the tournament.

Will the Birds still be in if they lose to the Shockers?

No. Right now ISU is 'in' in people's brackets because with the best record in the league they are the presumed auto-bid. WSU is 'in' in people's bracket as an at-large. ISU already isn't an at-large team, and if you throw another loss on the resume, they are cooked, from that perspective. It's just the reality of the league.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » February 3rd, 2017, 9:44 am

Cdizzle wrote:
Redhawk wrote:The Latest ESPN Bracketology has both ISUr and WSU in the tournament.

No. Right now ISU is 'in' in people's brackets because with the best record in the league they are the presumed auto-bid. WSU is 'in' in people's bracket as an at-large. ISU already isn't an at-large team, and if you throw another loss on the resume, they are cooked, from that perspective. It's just the reality of the league.

I agree and that worries me because ISU's only probable entry would be to win Arch Madness. With MM out that is looking more and more like the reality.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirds4Life » February 3rd, 2017, 9:46 am

Cdizzle wrote:

I think we are all looking at this wrong, unless both teams go 17-1, and one loses in the title game in a close game, its a 1 bid league. And even if that scenario happens, still might not be enough...Wichita State's resume is garbage and Illinois State's isn't a ton better...This is what happens during a down year for your league.
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Cdizzle » February 3rd, 2017, 9:57 am

Redbirds4Life wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:

I think we are all looking at this wrong, unless both teams go 17-1, and one loses in the title game in a close game, its a 1 bid league. And even if that scenario happens, still might not be enough...Wichita State's resume is garbage and Illinois State's isn't a ton better...This is what happens during a down year for your league.

This isn't a down year. This is the new reality.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby hot nuts » February 3rd, 2017, 10:00 am

Redbirdfan and Shockernet are getting nasty...and I love it! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 3rd, 2017, 10:05 am

Cdizzle wrote:

Just a question on that...Miami is the last team in at a #12 seed. We are shown as a #11 seed, meaning we have a better value than the last team in (currently). If we were a no shot at-large, wouldn't we then be a #13 or higher seed?

I think we would be in a similar bubble situation as you guys are right now with a loss tomorrow
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » February 3rd, 2017, 10:05 am

hot nuts wrote:Redbirdfan and Shockernet are getting nasty...and I love it! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!

Let's try and keep it a little more chill on here for people that truly want to talk Valley basketball!
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball