Valley Game #13

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Valley Game #13

Postby SubGod22 » February 5th, 2017, 3:47 pm

Tuesday
7-ISUr @ DU - I want to say the Birds bounce back and take care of business. Drake can be tough at home and have been playing much better. If the Birds don't regroup, they can be taken out in this one. I don't think Lee is going to allow them to come out flat and they win this.

Wednesday
7-LU @ UE - I didn't expect Loyola to lose this weekend, but they did. However, I'm not impressed with Evansville and I think the Hobos do what they have to do to try and stay in the mix for 3rd.

7-SIU @ UNI - This one could go either way. I like the SIU team and what they're doing. But UNI has the better coach and is at home and I think that's enough.

8-ISUb @ BU - BU is the better team. They win this one.

Thursday
8-MSU @ WSU - Lusk won't allow MSU to win and I expect this will turn into another 20+ point home victory for Wichita.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Charles_Martel » February 5th, 2017, 4:00 pm

SubGod22 wrote:
Thursday
8-MSU @ WSU - Lusk won't allow MSU to win and I expect this will turn into another 20+ point home victory for Wichita.

I don't think Lusk has any say whether his team loses Thursday.
Charles_Martel
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby 2livewu » February 5th, 2017, 4:01 pm

SalukiHoops wrote:GAME PICKS! Who do you have winning in game 13?

Tuesday
7-ISUr @ DU

Wednesday
7-LU @ UE

7-SIU @ UNI

8-ISUb @ BU

Thursday
8-MSU @ WSU

No hangover for the Birds. Defense carries the day to a relatively easy double digit win.

Toughest game to pick but I'll take Loyola. I just think they are better, even on the road.

UNI will shoot 20 more FTs than SIU and sweep the Dawgs.

Bradley continues the Tree's nightmare season.

Shocks will be the team with the hangover instead of ISU. They'll probably win, but it will be tough.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SubGod22 » February 5th, 2017, 4:10 pm

Charles_Martel wrote:
SubGod22 wrote:
Thursday

Have you seen Lusk coach? He's prevented a number of wins for MSU. The talent is there to knock off the Shox on any given night. The coaching on the other hand, keeps them well below their potential. I think most Bears fans would agree.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby hot nuts » February 6th, 2017, 8:39 am

I hate taking so many road teams but...

Birds
Ramblers
Salukis
Sycs
Shocks
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirds4Life » February 7th, 2017, 8:42 am

Tuesday
7-ISUr @ DU - Drake by 5, Birds better find their game quick, but I have a bad feeling it wont matter. Drake is a tough team.

Wednesday
7-LU @ UE - Loyola by 7, I think they will win simply because Evansville isn't any good, and Loyola has to win to keep this 3 seed race screwy

7-SIU @ UNI - Dawgs by 1, toughest game to call of the week. Should be a battle. I like the Salukis in this game but it could easily go either way.

8-ISUb @ BU - Bradley by 15. Bradley will show that they are better than the bottom 2 in the league. At home, I like the Braves.

Thursday
8-MSU @ WSU - Look for WSU to have a let down in the 1st half and the Bears keep it close. With that said, WSU by 20 in the end. They should have a problem beating Missouri State.
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » February 7th, 2017, 9:08 pm

Drake hung around for about 25 minutes before ISU took control and won by 29. The defense shredded Drake, and Ndiaye looked as good as he ever has. Lee scored 24, and Timmer went without a FG.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » February 7th, 2017, 9:23 pm

SubGod22 wrote:
Charles_Martel wrote:
SubGod22 wrote:
Thursday

Have you seen Lusk coach? He's prevented a number of wins for MSU. The talent is there to knock off the Shox on any given night. The coaching on the other hand, keeps them well below their potential. I think most Bears fans would agree.

This Bears fan certainly agrees with you. The first part of the season I was actually looking forward to our two matchups with WSU. I was anxious to see how we matched up and I really thought both games would at least be close. Going along with our significant talent it seemed our HC had made some improvements in his decision making and his in game coaching skills.

It was all a mirage. We significantly upgraded talent but that doesn't matter much when the guy at the helm is Lusk. Unfortunately I expect a beat down in Wichita.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » February 8th, 2017, 8:41 am

I love the narrative that we shoot so many free throws. Oddly enough we have still attempted the least amount of free throws in the league for all games and the 4th least in conference only games. Now we make around 77% of them so that does make a difference, but I just love the UNI will shoot so many free throws narrative.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » February 8th, 2017, 8:57 am

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:I love the narrative that we shoot so many free throws. Oddly enough we have still attempted the least amount of free throws in the league for all games and the 4th least in conference only games. Now we make around 77% of them so that does make a difference, but I just love the UNI will shoot so many free throws narrative.

In your 6 conference wins you have shot 69 more Free Throws than your competition.

In your 6 conference losses that drops to only shooting 16 more than your compeition.

There have only been two conference games in which the competition has shot more FT than UNI, Loyola (3 FT More), and Evansville (6 FT More). For a team that ranks 15th nationally in 3PA/FGA at 45% ... that's pretty "impressive"
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball