1st Team All Valley/2nd Team All Valley

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 1st Team All Valley/2nd Team All Valley

Postby Wufan » February 26th, 2017, 4:36 pm

Bball Junkie wrote:I agree that Jaylon Brown deserves 1st Team honors. Look at the talent surrounding him and the attention he faces every game in the valley.

Here are his average stats against Illinois St and Wichita St this season:

36.25 minutes
49.1 FG%
46.2 3PT%
85.3 FT%
3.25 Rebounds
3.25 Assists
1.75 turnovers
21.8 points

I'm sure the Aces beat writer will vote for him.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby GoAcesgo » February 26th, 2017, 4:38 pm

Bball Junkie wrote:I agree that Jaylon Brown deserves 1st Team honors. Look at the talent surrounding him and the attention he faces every game in the valley.

Here are his average stats against Illinois St and Wichita St this season:

36.25 minutes
49.1 FG%
46.2 3PT%
85.3 FT%
3.25 Rebounds
3.25 Assists
1.75 turnovers
21.8 points

I agree and believe he would start on Illinois Start, IDK about WSU they are so deep he would be in the mix.
GoAcesgo
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Charles_Martel » February 26th, 2017, 4:47 pm

Aargh wrote:This from a Shocker fan who lives in Springfield.

I sat next to a really nice Bear fan. Before the game started, He said that he thought CF (Conner Frankamp) was our best player. I told him CF was very good but I thought #11 - Shamet -was our best and reminded him that Shamet is only a freshman. A few minutes later that Bears fan delivered the "quote of the day" for me. He leaned over and said "are you telling me we have to see that (Shamet) for 3 more years ?" I said "Yup, unless he gets drafted first"

Or Wichita State leaves the Conference
Charles_Martel
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby 2livewu » February 26th, 2017, 5:00 pm

There is literally zero chance JB starts for WSU. He might not make the team. Nothing wrong with liking your guys but sheesh.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirdfan21 » February 26th, 2017, 5:03 pm

How's his defense? If it's bad, Tony Wills would keep his starting 2G spot for ISU, IMO
Redbirdfan21
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby GoAcesgo » February 26th, 2017, 5:18 pm

2livewu wrote:There is literally zero chance JB starts for WSU. He might not make the team. Nothing wrong with liking your guys but sheesh.

That's why I said IDK I will add I am a basketball junkie I believe he finishes at the rim with the best of them in college basketball. Since the have several guys that get minutes I believe he would be in the mix.
GoAcesgo
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Stickboy46 » February 26th, 2017, 5:22 pm

GoAcesgo wrote:
2livewu wrote:There is literally zero chance JB starts for WSU. He might not make the team. Nothing wrong with liking your guys but sheesh.

That's why I said IDK I will add I am a basketball junkie I believe he finishes at the rim with the best of them in college basketball. Since the have several guys that get minutes I believe he would be in the mix.

I'm not sure he would beat out Keyser for minutes... Only joking .... Kind of...
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jackwagon » February 26th, 2017, 7:00 pm

Might not make the team? Yeeash.. This is the exact reason why I cant decide who to root against more this weekend. It should be easy to root against the jailbirds and their criminal filled roster. But then you have the arrogance of WSU and their fanbase. Decisions decisions..
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 26th, 2017, 7:10 pm

jackwagon wrote:Might not make the team? Yeeash.. This is the exact reason why I cant decide who to root against more this weekend. It should be easy to root against the jailbirds and their criminal filled roster. But then you have the arrogance of WSU and their fanbase. Decisions decisions..

I will say Paris Lee, Tony Wills, MiKyle McIntosh, among others are really good guys and have represented the conference well for 4 years.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jackwagon » February 26th, 2017, 7:16 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
jackwagon wrote:Might not make the team? Yeeash.. This is the exact reason why I cant decide who to root against more this weekend. It should be easy to root against the jailbirds and their criminal filled roster. But then you have the arrogance of WSU and their fanbase. Decisions decisions..

I will say Paris Lee, Tony Wills, MiKyle McIntosh, among others are really good guys and have represented the conference well for 4 years.

Congrats. A1/3 of your team are solid dudes. It would be different if it was just a current roster thing or if offenders were dealt with swiftly. It clearly is a muller staple though. Recruit the best athlete, character be damned.
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball