1st Team All Valley/2nd Team All Valley

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 1st Team All Valley/2nd Team All Valley

Postby Wufan » February 26th, 2017, 9:25 pm

municup14 wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:
municup14 wrote:I still think Jaylon Brown deserves 1st.
Led the league in scoring on a bad team :dance:

His team is bad because the entire offense is designed to get him shots... So no. He'd come off the bench at WSU or ISU.

Your freaking crazy,he would be a starter on both of those teams

Brown is going to play point over Lee and Shamet?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby GoAcesgo » February 26th, 2017, 9:53 pm

Brown is going to play point over Lee and Shamet?[/quote]

He is not our pg, I would say he would start over Wills on ISU, WSU he is much more athletic than Frankamp in my opinion, you would think if he so bad that the best teams in the Valley could have shut him down, I think that shows he has some ability, many of his points against WSU the last game was not coming of the curls if you go back and look, so it wasn't guys setting 20 pics for him to get open.
GoAcesgo
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Aargh » February 26th, 2017, 10:43 pm

municup14 wrote:Your freaking crazy,he would be a starter on both of those teams

If Evansville had a single player who would be a starter for either IlSU or WSU, Evansville wouldn't be playing Thursday in St. Louis.

I'm afraid you don't understand what it means to be a starter on a good team. If Evansville is your fan choice, you've grown accustomed to mediocrity. WSU's starting guards were ranked #86 and #43 when they came out of high school. That was in the nation - not in their HS classification in their home state.

Brown shoots 47.4% from the field. That's not among the top 12 in the league. Shamet averages 3.4 assists and only played PG half the conference season. Brown averaged 3.1. Shamet's A/TO ratio is 3.3, first in the league. I consider Lee a TO machine with his 1.8 A/TO ratio. Brown's is 1.2. Frankamp doesn't have enough to qualify as an MVC leader, but his is at 4.5.

Brown shoots 42.9% from 3. Shamet shoots 45.7, Frankamp shoots 43.7. I don't find Brown listed in any defensive stats. Both IlSU and WSU play smothering D, which generally pushes players hard on that end of the court and diminishes their production on the offensive end. Brown is leading the league in minutes played. No players from IlSU or WSU are in the top 12 in the league. If Lee, Shamet, Wills, or Frankamp played 36 minutes, Brown's stats wouldn't look nearly so good.

The fact that Brown plays on a crappy team doesn't make him a better player. It just means everything runs through him, so he gets more opportunities than plauyers on teams that have some balance on their rosters.

If Austin Reaves hadn't had injury issues, and if you were to adjust his stats to 36 minutes a game, he would have out performed Brown. Brown would have been the #5 option on the court as either PG or SG. Daishon Smith had FG%'s similar to Browns' - 40.9% from 3. His A/TO ration was 2.0. He got benched for poor shooting and turnovers. He's much quicker than Brown on D. Reaves had an A/TO ration of 2.2.

I don't believe I'm the one that's freakin' crazy.
Last edited by Aargh on February 26th, 2017, 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 26th, 2017, 10:46 pm

GoAcesgo wrote:
He is not our pg, I would say he would start over Wills on ISU, WSU he is much more athletic than Frankamp in my opinion, you would think if he so bad that the best teams in the Valley could have shut him down, I think that shows he has some ability, many of his points against WSU the last game was not coming of the curls if you go back and look, so it wasn't guys setting 20 pics for him to get open.

I would start Wills over Brown on all days that end in y
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheObserver » February 26th, 2017, 10:56 pm

I love EU fans.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby GoAcesgo » February 26th, 2017, 10:58 pm

Aargh wrote:
municup14 wrote:Your freaking crazy,he would be a starter on both of those teams

If Evansville had a single player who would be a starter for either IlSU or WSU, Evansville wouldn't be playing Thursday in St. Louis.

I'm afraid you don't understand what it means to be a starter on a good team. If Evansville is your fan choice, you've grown accustomed to mediocrity. WSU's starting guards were ranked #86 and #43 when they came out of high school. That was in the nation - not in their HS classification in their home state.

Brown shoots 47.4% from the field. That's not among the top 12 in the league. Shamet averages 3.4 assists and only plyed PG half the conference season. Brown averaged 3.1. Shamet's A/TO ratio is 3.3, first lin ht league. I consider Lee a TO machine with his 1.8 A/TO ratio. Brown's is 1.2. Frankamp doesn't have enough to qualify as an MVC leader, but his is at 4.2

Brown shoots 42.9% from 3. Shamet shoots 45.7, Frankamp shoots 43.7. I don't find Brown listed in any defensive stats. Both IlSU and WSU play smothering D, which generally pushes players hard on that end of the court and diminishes their production on the offensive end. Brown is leading the league in minutes played. No players from IlSU or WSU are in the top 12 in the league. If Lee, Shamet, Wills, or Frankamp played 36 minutes, Brown's stats wouldn't look nearly so good.

The fact that Brown plays on a crappy team doesn't make him a better player. It just means everything runs through him, so he gets more opportunities than plauyers on teams that have some balance on their rosters.

If Austin Reaves hadn't had injury issues, and if you were to adjust his stats to 36 minutes a game, he would have out performed Brown. Brown would have been the #5 option on the court as either PG or SG. Daishon Smith had FG%'s similar to Browns' - 40.9% from 3. His A/TO ration was 1.9. He got benched for poor shooting and turnovers. He's much quicker than Brown on D.

Can Francamp even dunk? You talk about his high school ranking that was like 8 years ago.
GoAcesgo
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby GoAcesgo » February 26th, 2017, 11:00 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
GoAcesgo wrote:

I would start Wills over Brown on all days that end in y

I guess if you wanting a taller defender and a weaker offensive threat.
GoAcesgo
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby TheObserver » February 26th, 2017, 11:03 pm

GoAcesgo wrote:I guess if you wanting a taller defender and a weaker offensive threat.

I want another 8th place finish.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby mvcfan » February 26th, 2017, 11:12 pm

GoAcesgo wrote:
Aargh wrote:

Brown shoots 47.4% from the field. That's not among the top 12 in the league. Shamet averages 3.4 assists and only plyed PG half the conference season. Brown averaged 3.1. Shamet's A/TO ratio is 3.3, first lin ht league. I consider Lee a TO machine with his 1.8 A/TO ratio. Brown's is 1.2. Frankamp doesn't have enough to qualify as an MVC leader, but his is at 4.2

If Austin Reaves hadn't had injury issues, and if you were to adjust his stats to 36 minutes a game, he would have out performed Brown. Brown would have been the #5 option on the court as either PG or SG. Daishon Smith had FG%'s similar to Browns' - 40.9% from 3. His A/TO ration was 1.9. He got benched for poor shooting and turnovers. He's much quicker than Brown on D.

Can Francamp even dunk? You talk about his high school ranking that was like 8 years ago.

Conner is much more athletic than you and many others who don't know realize. He hasn't needed to dunk in a game but last year a Shocker fan posted him dunking and soaring from probably 8-10' or so just a little inside the free throw line. However, I would prefer that Conner was more "aggressive and tough."
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby GoAcesgo » February 26th, 2017, 11:21 pm

Can Francamp even dunk? You talk about his high school ranking that was like 8 years ago.[/quote]

Conner is much more athletic than you and many others who don't know realize. He hasn't needed to dunk in a game but last year a Shocker fan posted him dunking and soaring from probably 8-10' or so just a little inside the free throw line. However, I would prefer that Conner was more "aggressive and tough."[/quote]

Only a joke, he has a sweet shot for sure.
GoAcesgo
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball