1st Team All Valley/2nd Team All Valley

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 1st Team All Valley/2nd Team All Valley

Postby Bradleyfan1 » February 7th, 2017, 7:53 pm

Reeds good. Hope he shows up the 2nd half.
Bradleyfan1
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DUBulldog » February 7th, 2017, 9:28 pm

Redbirds4Life wrote:Also, can't believe no one is giving Reed Timmer love on here. Since league play started, he has been great and took a team who was dead going into the league to a team that has been a tough game for everyone.

I think you're giving Timmer way too much credit. He has been absolutely terrible in Drake's current losing streak. Quite honestly, I hope they bench him right now.....he's been that bad.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Stickboy46 » February 7th, 2017, 10:30 pm

glm38 wrote:It doesn't seem right that on both of the aforementioned lists there is only one Shocker. Seems like they should have at least two as dominant as they have been.

But who is the second? Shamet? Frankamp? Morris? Willis?

One of the reasons WSU has been dominant is there are so many people that have stepped up. They don't always step up, but someone always seems too. At the beginning of the year it was Willis. Then Towards the front half of Conference, it was Morris, Then Shamet saved us a few times and the last 3 games it's been Frankamp ...

McDuffie has really been the only really consistent one. If I had to name a second personally it would be Shamet.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » February 8th, 2017, 7:51 am

A guy I think has been carrying his team is O'Brien. I might go with the following:
Lee
Doyle
Johnson
Morgan
O'Brien
Not that MM for WSU isn't one of the top 5 players, but most of that group are seniors. Maybe it makes a good case for how team oriented WSU is that way.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby salukisideline » February 8th, 2017, 8:01 am

Stickboy46 wrote:
glm38 wrote:It doesn't seem right that on both of the aforementioned lists there is only one Shocker. Seems like they should have at least two as dominant as they have been.

But who is the second? Shamet? Frankamp? Morris? Willis?

One of the reasons WSU has been dominant is there are so many people that have stepped up. They don't always step up, but someone always seems too. At the beginning of the year it was Willis. Then Towards the front half of Conference, it was Morris, Then Shamet saved us a few times and the last 3 games it's been Frankamp ...

McDuffie has really been the only really consistent one. If I had to name a second personally it would be Shamet.

I really like Shamet's conference only stats and think he should make 2nd team.
- 16th in scoring, 12.3/game
- Shooting 54% from the field (5th), 46% from 3pt
- 3.7 assists/game (6th)
- #1 assist/turnover
salukisideline
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BuBrave2006 » February 8th, 2017, 8:45 am

First Team:

Lee (POY) - Lock
McDuffie - Lock
Alize Johnson - Lock
Milton Doyle
Deontae Hawkins

Second Team:

McIntosh (injury puts his as a lock for second team IMO)
Jaylon Brown
Jeremy Morgan
Donte Ingram
Sean O'Brien

Hard luck losers:

Shamet
Dequon
Scott
Timmer
Clemens
Rodriguez

I don't think anyone else not listed about even deserves consideration based on consistency through the entire season.

All Freshman Team:

Darrell Brown - Lock
Landry Shamet - Lock
Jordan Barnes - Lock
Spencer Haldeman
Koch Bar

Other candidates are McCloud, Dru Smith, Austin Reaves and Nate Kennell, but I think the five above have been much more consistent throughout the season.
BuBrave2006
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SalukiHoops » February 8th, 2017, 8:50 am

BEARZ77 wrote:A guy I think has been carrying his team is O'Brien. I might go with the following:
Lee
Doyle
Johnson
Morgan
O'Brien
Not that MM for WSU isn't one of the top 5 players, but most of that group are seniors. Maybe it makes a good case for how team oriented WSU is that way.

would be awesome to see O'Brien on the 1st team!
SalukiHoops
SalukiHoops
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Redbirds4Life » February 8th, 2017, 9:00 am

SalukiHoops wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:A guy I think has been carrying his team is O'Brien. I might go with the following:
Lee
Doyle
Johnson
Morgan
O'Brien

would be awesome to see O'Brien on the 1st team!

I think that O'Brien is in the conversation with about 5 others for 1st team. Johnson, Lee and McDuffie are the only locks I think, and after that, it's going to depend a lot on how teams finish. Doyle, Morgan, O'Brien, Timmer and others all have a case to be made.

Also, I don't really think that if Wichita State finishes 17-1 or 16-2, that a Shocker won't be on the 1st team.
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Blers » February 8th, 2017, 9:11 am

Bradleyfan1 wrote:Paris Lee
Doyle
Johnson
Ingram
Hawkins

Obrien
Morgan
Brown
Mcduffie
Scott

I like this list a lot! I'd agree Ingram may be better suited for the second team and swapped with McDuffie/Morgan; I think Ingram's got a chance at first team next season if he puts in half the work he must have put in this offseason. Also i really have to credit O'brien. He's carried his team to a few wins including at LU. I could also see McIntosh knock Scott off even though he's missed time.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mvcfan » February 8th, 2017, 9:13 am

Lee
Doyle
Johnson
Morgan
O'Brien

I'm sure glad we have a team who plays Team basketball because our players aren't very talented individually.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball