1st Team All Valley/2nd Team All Valley

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 1st Team All Valley/2nd Team All Valley

Postby sixth ace » February 26th, 2017, 11:49 pm

Aargh wrote:
If Evansville had a single player who would be a starter for either IlSU or WSU, Evansville wouldn't be playing Thursday in St. Louis.

Sorry Injuries and illness effects all teams thoughout the season Evansville had their overabundance this year and would have been a contender for the 3-4 spot without it. The perfect example of the crying that went on with McIntosh injury late in the conference schedule by IlSU.
:Cheers: :Beer:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby sixth ace » February 26th, 2017, 11:54 pm

Before all your bellicose. while you look that word up Wait for it Just wait for it
:Cheers:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » February 27th, 2017, 12:17 am

WSU fans had 4 years of watching two guards who are now in the NBA. Prior to that we got to watch some guys named Armstead, Hannah, and Ragland. We've watched those guys play against some of the best guards in all of D1 when they made runs in the NCAA and NIT tourneys.

Do UE fans have any similar background for evaluating guard play?

Although it is kind of fun to banter with fans of a Thursday night team talking smack on the top 2 teams in the league's players. UE finished 11games behind UE and WSU. ELEVEN! There were only 18 games on the schedule. This is gold. Pure gold.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby GoAcesgo » February 27th, 2017, 3:01 am

Aargh wrote:WSU fans had 4 years of watching two guards who are now in the NBA. Prior to that we got to watch some guys named Armstead, Hannah, and Ragland. We've watched those guys play against some of the best guards in all of D1 when they made runs in the NCAA and NIT tourneys.

Do UE fans have any similar background for evaluating guard play?

Although it is kind of fun to banter with fans of a Thursday night team talking smack on the top 2 teams in the league's players. UE finished 11games behind UE and WSU. ELEVEN! There were only 18 games on the schedule. This is gold. Pure gold.

You know what is gold is this, he held an offer from IL ST...haha so I guess he could have been on the team if he wanted, now we all know that WSU is the class of the league, but to act like that guy has no ability is making some of you look foolish, I'm not saying he is the best guard in the league or the best player in the league, but in my opinion he is a right around top 5 and as a fan I hope he makes the first team, that's it.
GoAcesgo
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby municup14 » February 27th, 2017, 5:36 am

Aargh wrote:
municup14 wrote:Your freaking crazy,he would be a starter on both of those teams

If Evansville had a single player who would be a starter for either IlSU or WSU, Evansville wouldn't be playing Thursday in St. Louis.

I'm afraid you don't understand what it means to be a starter on a good team. If Evansville is your fan choice, you've grown accustomed to mediocrity. WSU's starting guards were ranked #86 and #43 when they came out of high school. That was in the nation - not in their HS classification in their home state.

Brown shoots 47.4% from the field. That's not among the top 12 in the league. Shamet averages 3.4 assists and only played PG half the conference season. Brown averaged 3.1. Shamet's A/TO ratio is 3.3, first in the league. I consider Lee a TO machine with his 1.8 A/TO ratio. Brown's is 1.2. Frankamp doesn't have enough to qualify as an MVC leader, but his is at 4.5.

Brown shoots 42.9% from 3. Shamet shoots 45.7, Frankamp shoots 43.7. I don't find Brown listed in any defensive stats. Both IlSU and WSU play smothering D, which generally pushes players hard on that end of the court and diminishes their production on the offensive end. Brown is leading the league in minutes played. No players from IlSU or WSU are in the top 12 in the league. If Lee, Shamet, Wills, or Frankamp played 36 minutes, Brown's stats wouldn't look nearly so good.

The fact that Brown plays on a crappy team doesn't make him a better player. It just means everything runs through him, so he gets more opportunities than plauyers on teams that have some balance on their rosters.

If Austin Reaves hadn't had injury issues, and if you were to adjust his stats to 36 minutes a game, he would have out performed Brown. Brown would have been the #5 option on the court as either PG or SG. Daishon Smith had FG%'s similar to Browns' - 40.9% from 3. His A/TO ration was 2.0. He got benched for poor shooting and turnovers. He's much quicker than Brown on D. Reaves had an A/TO ration of 2.2.

I don't believe I'm the one that's freakin' crazy.

Why do you think Wichita recruited Jaylon :huh:
municup14
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby municup14 » February 27th, 2017, 5:39 am

TheObserver wrote:I love EU fans.

Ha ha,at least we're not arrogant like Shocker fans are.But then again
We don't have anything to be arrogant and brag about :dance:
municup14
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » February 27th, 2017, 6:13 am

municup14 wrote:
Aargh wrote:
municup14 wrote:Your freaking crazy,he would be a starter on both of those teams

I'm afraid you don't understand what it means to be a starter on a good team. If Evansville is your fan choice, you've grown accustomed to mediocrity. WSU's starting guards were ranked #86 and #43 when they came out of high school. That was in the nation - not in their HS classification in their home state.

Brown shoots 47.4% from the field. That's not among the top 12 in the league. Shamet averages 3.4 assists and only played PG half the conference season. Brown averaged 3.1. Shamet's A/TO ratio is 3.3, first in the league. I consider Lee a TO machine with his 1.8 A/TO ratio. Brown's is 1.2. Frankamp doesn't have enough to qualify as an MVC leader, but his is at 4.5.

Brown shoots 42.9% from 3. Shamet shoots 45.7, Frankamp shoots 43.7. I don't find Brown listed in any defensive stats. Both IlSU and WSU play smothering D, which generally pushes players hard on that end of the court and diminishes their production on the offensive end. Brown is leading the league in minutes played. No players from IlSU or WSU are in the top 12 in the league. If Lee, Shamet, Wills, or Frankamp played 36 minutes, Brown's stats wouldn't look nearly so good.

The fact that Brown plays on a crappy team doesn't make him a better player. It just means everything runs through him, so he gets more opportunities than plauyers on teams that have some balance on their rosters.

If Austin Reaves hadn't had injury issues, and if you were to adjust his stats to 36 minutes a game, he would have out performed Brown. Brown would have been the #5 option on the court as either PG or SG. Daishon Smith had FG%'s similar to Browns' - 40.9% from 3. His A/TO ration was 2.0. He got benched for poor shooting and turnovers. He's much quicker than Brown on D. Reaves had an A/TO ration of 2.2.

I don't believe I'm the one that's freakin' crazy.

Why do you think Wichita recruited Jaylon :huh:

He was recruited to WSU because he is talented. I won't deny that. His stats are good, and he puts up a lot of points. Ri'an Holland was signed by WSU over Brown. He redshirted one year, played as the twelfth man one year, transferred to JUCO then to D-I Mercer. He's averaging 18 points per game at Mercer, but wasn't in the rotation at WSU. Mercer has an RPI of 196. Evansville is 187. I think the comparison is pretty clear.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BlueChipShock » February 27th, 2017, 7:46 am

ISUr and WSU went 17-1 and finished EIGHT games ahead of the field in the MVC....to the victor go the spoils.

First team ALL MVC

P Lee - POY
Hawkins
McDuffie
Shamet -NCOY/FOY
Morris
BlueChipShock
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby SalukiHoops » February 27th, 2017, 8:36 am

BlueChipShock wrote:ISUr and WSU went 17-1 and finished EIGHT games ahead of the field in the MVC....to the victor go the spoils.

First team ALL MVC

P Lee - POY
Hawkins
McDuffie
Shamet -NCOY/FOY
Morris

yeah...... that wont happen
SalukiHoops
SalukiHoops
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Bradleyfan1 » February 27th, 2017, 8:41 am

SalukiHoops wrote:
BlueChipShock wrote:ISUr and WSU went 17-1 and finished EIGHT games ahead of the field in the MVC....to the victor go the spoils.

First team ALL MVC

P Lee - POY
Hawkins
McDuffie
Shamet -NCOY/FOY
Morris

yeah...... that wont happen

Lol First off Johnson for NCOY is a no brainer.
Bradleyfan1
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball