1st Team All Valley/2nd Team All Valley

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 1st Team All Valley/2nd Team All Valley

Postby BCPanther » February 18th, 2017, 4:42 pm

Cdizzle wrote:Not impressed with Morgan at this point. If Tekele Cotton was never 1st Team, there is no way in hell Morgan should be, much less in the conversation for POY.

Thought it was interesting they were hiding him on defense by having him guard Brown, also.

They've done that a lot since the ankle injury. We depend on him so much offensively that they're trying to save a few bullets. If it had been closer at the end, he'd have certainly had McDuffie. Plus, Ashton has been a pretty consistent defender all year, as has Carlson...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » February 18th, 2017, 4:46 pm

Cdizzle wrote:Thought it was interesting they were hiding him on defense by having him guard Brown, also.

Eh... WSU creates match-up problems. How else could they line-up? Morgan on McDuffie and Carlson on Brown I suppose.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheObserver » February 18th, 2017, 5:32 pm

After the enormous hype the McCloud kid was receiving in the preseason, I was preparing myself for quite a show.

He did not look good. I mean he's a freshman and everything so I get it, but paring that with all of the drool UNI fans were gushing around I expected a lot more than that.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Stickboy46 » February 18th, 2017, 6:41 pm

TheObserver wrote:After the enormous hype the McCloud kid was receiving in the preseason, I was preparing myself for quite a show.

He did not look good. I mean he's a freshman and everything so I get it, but paring that with all of the drool UNI fans were gushing around I expected a lot more than that.

McCloud isn't even the best Freshman on UNI, let alone anywhere near the top of the league.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Khan4Cats » February 18th, 2017, 6:58 pm

2livewu wrote:I hope we're done with the Morgan for POY. Nice player, great defender, not POY.

POY is from ISU or WSU, period. By far and away the best players. Probably 8 of the best 10 in the league.

Morgan was done for the POY conversation 12 games ago.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » February 18th, 2017, 7:02 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:
TheObserver wrote:After the enormous hype the McCloud kid was receiving in the preseason, I was preparing myself for quite a show.

McCloud isn't even the best Freshman on UNI, let alone anywhere near the top of the league.

Juwan got bounced around by some top flight PGs early in the year and was seriously rattled as a shooter confidence wise. He's been pretty steady with ball-handling all year and should have a ton more assists if we could shoot at all but it is what it is. He's been slowly coming around but you can tell he's not confident even at the free throw line. He has been a disappointment in the results though he has shown flashes of what we had expected.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bleach » February 18th, 2017, 10:42 pm

Alize with another 20/20 game. It isn't like Evansville either where every play is designed to get their designated scorer the ball. Everything he gets is on his own with no design help.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » February 18th, 2017, 10:47 pm

bleach wrote:Alize with another 20/20 game. It isn't like Evansville either where every play is designed to get their designated scorer the ball. Everything he gets is on his own with no design help.

Paul Lusk almost certainly avoids Thursday night. Marty Simmons almost certainly locks a spot in. Both will get extensions.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bleach » February 18th, 2017, 10:50 pm

I would be very tempted to do things that get you the death penalty if that happens.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » February 18th, 2017, 10:58 pm

bleach wrote:I would be very tempted to do things that get you the death penalty if that happens.

Sheep everywhere are terrified.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball