21%
Northern Iowa
16%
Someone Else
13%

Total votes : 77

Re: Who wins in St. Louis

Postby Cdizzle » February 12th, 2017, 9:51 pm

musiccitybulldog wrote:Drake has a big day from 3, maybe can pull it off. Played WSU to 8 recently

WSU always has a hard time winning the whole thing.

Could be one of those years Indy State is hitting and gets lucky.

Maybe SIU brings a bunch of fans and it makes the difference.

Will ILL State show up and win three in a row?

Drake would need 4 big days from 3 in a row. 1, not bad odds to beat anyone. 4 in a row, prolly not gonna happen.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby glm38 » February 12th, 2017, 10:08 pm

WSU. They are on a roll and have the deepest most talented team.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheObserver » February 12th, 2017, 10:32 pm

mule wrote:Why was UNI not part of the pack? Defending champs deference?

I wondered the same thing. The difference between 1 and 2 and everybody else is ginormous.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby jegbomb52 » February 13th, 2017, 5:51 am

i'll give the edge to whoever doesn't play UNI on Saturday, assuming we get that far. If its a WSU / IlSU final on Sunday the team that had to play the grinder game on Saturday against UNI could have a hangover, especially if its the 2/3 game on Saturday leaving a team with a little shorter rest.
jegbomb52
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Wufan » February 13th, 2017, 6:39 am

jegbomb52 wrote:i'll give the edge to whoever doesn't play UNI on Saturday, assuming we get that far. If its a WSU / IlSU final on Sunday the team that had to play the grinder game on Saturday against UNI could have a hangover, especially if its the 2/3 game on Saturday leaving a team with a little shorter rest.

The road to St Louis goes through Cedar Falls.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 13th, 2017, 7:07 am

jegbomb52 wrote:i'll give the edge to whoever doesn't play UNI on Saturday, assuming we get that far. If its a WSU / IlSU final on Sunday the team that had to play the grinder game on Saturday against UNI could have a hangover, especially if its the 2/3 game on Saturday leaving a team with a little shorter rest.

Delusion at its finest at Northern Iowa...there is a reason you are KenPom #135 and WSU is #16 and ISUr #45.

Oh and Loyola who just got beat by 17 at home yesterday is #107. But, by all means...believe what you want about how good UNI is.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » February 13th, 2017, 7:33 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:

Delusion at its finest at Northern Iowa...there is a reason you are KenPom #135 and WSU is #16 and ISUr #45.

Oh and Loyola who just got beat by 17 at home yesterday is #107. But, by all means...believe what you want about how good UNI is.

After crowning themselves champions of the bottom of the MVC, UNI is now considered favorites for the National Title.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shockem » February 13th, 2017, 7:52 am

Laugh all you want about UNI, but I'm not counting them out. They play the entire season for one weekend in St. Louis. If anyone can pull it off it's Benny J.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » February 13th, 2017, 8:01 am

shockem wrote:Laugh all you want about UNI, but I'm not counting them out. They play the entire season for one weekend in St. Louis. If anyone can pull it off it's Benny J.

True, they love to "help the conference out" by being horrible half the year only to steal a bid they didn't deserve.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirds4Life » February 13th, 2017, 8:28 am

Stickboy46 wrote:
shockem wrote:Laugh all you want about UNI, but I'm not counting them out. They play the entire season for one weekend in St. Louis. If anyone can pull it off it's Benny J.

True, they love to "help the conference out" by being horrible half the year only to steal a bid they didn't deserve.

You know what would have really helped the conference out, if UNI didn't suck so bad for a month and had a decent RPI or any ranking for that matter. That way, ISU/WSU would have had a shot at oh I don't know, a top 100 win in the league outside the split against each other....

I voted UNI because it just feels like they are getting hot at the right time. I hope I am wrong and Birds can finally get the job done in St. Louis, but I am not holding my breath. If you are WSU/ISU, that #1 seed is more important than it ever was in my eyes....on Saturday, who do you want to play....Northern Iowa or Loyola/Missouri State/SIU...pretty easy for me...
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball