Game #16

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Game #16

Postby Shockerfan13 » February 19th, 2017, 5:04 pm

Cdizzle wrote:I maintain that ISUr won't lose again to one of the bottom 8 teams.

But one team is certainly limping to the finish line while another is leaving no doubt.

They may not. But playing like they are they will struggle winning 3 games in 3 days. I don't think they make it to Sunday. Can't be lucky every game
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Shockerfan13 » February 19th, 2017, 5:11 pm

Hawkins may be a thug. But I respect McIntosh. Hope he is OK. This is a tweet:

Richardson 40-footer goes in and out at buzzer as ISU survives, 65-63. But McIntosh hurt right knee on final play. Doesn't look good. https://t.co/mUSXou7tte
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Blers » February 19th, 2017, 5:18 pm

Hope Hawkins knows he isn't making money in the pros. Its much easier to cut players who constantly make stupid decisions when there's money at stake. Just a disgrace as a player. Glad he'll be gone. Sucks Paris Lee and Willis have to be lumped in a class with him. Those guys seem like class acts.

Great game, but second time this year we've been hit with that after UNI. All the big time players showed up. We got killed on the boards which should be addressed as our next freshmen class comes in and develops. Sucks but that's how it goes. Of all the close games we've lost The last two years we're really due for some luck. Hopefully it comes next season and we can seal some wins. We could be 23-6 but we've lost 6 games by 5 or less. And I wouldn't put many of them on Porter. Two suspect late fouls, and others involved COLD shooting streaks. Still need to figure out how to win when the shots aren't falling tho, which ultimately is on the coach.

Furthermore (and I really don't think it's just sour grapes) I don't see anyway ISU is the best team in the valley. I think LU's starting 5 can hang with any team. WSU was able to grind us out with depth, ISU didn't have any which let our guys keep pushing back and gave us a real chance (they even allowed for Satterwhite to finally really flash). I don't see how ISU could have close to the legs WSU will have after 3 days in STL. Just me tho, hopefully they can still snag an at large by winning out.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Blers » February 19th, 2017, 5:19 pm

Shockerfan13 wrote:Hawkins may be a thug. But I respect McIntosh. Hope he is OK. This is a tweet:

Richardson 40-footer goes in and out at buzzer as ISU survives, 65-63. But McIntosh hurt right knee on final play. Doesn't look good. https://t.co/mUSXou7tte

Should also note McIntosh seem slike a good kid as well! That's brutal hope he's alright!
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 19th, 2017, 5:20 pm

We are not a very good team right now. Without McIntosh, we lose both of the last two games. Now, he may be hurt again...

Offense has been very poor. Careless turnovers, bad possessions....just ugly!
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » February 19th, 2017, 5:21 pm

Shockerfan13 wrote:Hawkins may be a thug. But I respect McIntosh. Hope he is OK. This is a tweet:

This.. Hate to see McIntosh go down. Seems like a good kid. Plays really hard and doesn't gloat.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Rollbird5 » February 19th, 2017, 5:24 pm

goramblers2011 wrote:
TheObserver wrote:Illinois State may get the 1 seed in St. Louis but I'm not so sure they're the best team in the Valley.

They aren't.

Seeing Hawkins cocky self throwing up the Manziel money hands after barely surviving Loyola at home just pisses me off knowing that with his record, he would not be on the court for any respectable program. Oh well...hopefully we get another shot at ISUr in STL.

He was Money at the line when it mattered, I'll take the win!

Shox look like the best team tho
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheObserver » February 19th, 2017, 5:24 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:We are not a very good team right now. Without McIntosh, we lose both of the last two games. Now, he may be hurt again...

Winning ugly is better than losing ugly but they certainly don't seem to be the same team from a few weeks ago. Even without MM, I thought they were playing well. Now, they're really having to grind them out.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Cdizzle » February 19th, 2017, 5:25 pm

Blers wrote: We could be 23-6 but we've lost 6 games by 5 or less.

Also won 4 games by 6 or less. Could just as easily be 11-16 vs. D1. It cuts both ways. You are what you are at this point in the season.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 19th, 2017, 5:36 pm

TheObserver wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:We are not a very good team right now. Without McIntosh, we lose both of the last two games. Now, he may be hurt again...

Winning ugly is better than losing ugly but they certainly don't seem to be the same team from a few weeks ago. Even without MM, I thought they were playing well. Now, they're really having to grind them out.

Our offense has been really piss poor this last month, however as I posted in another thread, I really hope Loyola and Missouri St are on the other side of the bracket. We don't matchup real well with efficient offenses like theirs.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball