Annual Gregg Marshall Departure Watch

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby WSpringsBird » February 19th, 2017, 6:22 am

It's starting up again. Or, anyway, this is the first article I've seen this year. Maybe there are others. Hard to believe he would leave Wichita for NC State.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/20 ... g-marshall
WSpringsBird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Annual Gregg Marshall Departure Watch

Postby LanceShock » February 19th, 2017, 6:38 am

I'd be more concerned about Dan Muller leaving if they make the NCAA tournament and win a game or two there.
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Redhawk » February 19th, 2017, 8:26 am

LanceShock wrote:I'd be more concerned about Dan Muller leaving if they make the NCAA tournament and win a game or two there.

Actually not concerned at all about HCDM leaving because they already have a suitable replacement if that happens.... Dana Ford.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Shockerfan13 » February 19th, 2017, 11:08 am

WSpringsBird wrote:It's starting up again. Or, anyway, this is the first article I've seen this year. Maybe there are others. Hard to believe he would leave Wichita for NC State.

He didn't go to NC State last time. And why would any coach worth a damn want to go to a place where they will fire you mid season with a young team after going to the tourney in 4 out of 5 years? Good luck getting a good coach NC State
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » February 19th, 2017, 11:13 am

Shockerfan13 wrote:
WSpringsBird wrote:It's starting up again. Or, anyway, this is the first article I've seen this year. Maybe there are others. Hard to believe he would leave Wichita for NC State.

He didn't go to NC State last time. And why would any coach worth a damn want to go to a place where they will fire you mid season with a young team after going to the tourney in 4 out of 5 years? Good luck getting a good coach NC State

Agreed.

And the Shox are LOADED for next season. Maybe if Indiana gets rid of Crean and goes after Marshall but I don't see that as a good fit anyway.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » February 19th, 2017, 11:17 am

I found it odd that in this article it made it sound like a possible move to the ACC would make it more likely that Marshall leaves? Was I reading that correctly? If so that's a pretty stupid supposition isn't it?

Personally I don't think he goes anywhere. IMO it would be foolish to do so. He's well compensated and in a city that absolutely adores him. When Cuonzo went to Tennessee he quickly found out how important it is to live and work in an area where you are appreciated.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » February 19th, 2017, 1:41 pm

The only selling point that NC State has is trying to convince guys that within 5 years Roy, K, Boeheim and Pitino will be gone and if you're established you've got a window where it just may be you and Virginia.

Gregg is far too smart to fall for that. They'll hire a young guy that will fail fairly quickly (Will Wade? King Rice?)
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby moshock » February 19th, 2017, 2:32 pm

glm38 wrote:I found it odd that in this article it made it sound like a possible move to the ACC would make it more likely that Marshall leaves? Was I reading that correctly? If so that's a pretty stupid supposition isn't it?

Personally I don't think he goes anywhere. IMO it would be foolish to do so. He's well compensated and in a city that absolutely adores him. When Cuonzo went to Tennessee he quickly found out how important it is to live and work in an area where you are appreciated.

GLM, do you think that Lusk is gone after this season ?
moshock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby glm38 » February 19th, 2017, 3:54 pm

moshock wrote:
glm38 wrote:I found it odd that in this article it made it sound like a possible move to the ACC would make it more likely that Marshall leaves? Was I reading that correctly? If so that's a pretty stupid supposition isn't it?

moshock wrote:

I certainly hope so. But I just don't know. I've heard rumors both ways.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby RoyalShock » February 20th, 2017, 1:27 pm

Roy Williams will never allow WSU into the ACC. Just sayin'.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball