Game 17

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Game 17

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 22nd, 2017, 10:54 am

uniftw wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:
salukisideline wrote:If it's late February, I'm going with Jacobson vs. non-WSU team every day of the week.

Again...history. What year is this? What players are trotting out? Adam Koch? Wes Washpun?

What about current season?

UNI vs non WSU and ISUr teams in conference since Jan 11th, 2017
W
W
W
W
W
W
W
W
W

So, against anyone not named Wichita State or Illinois State UNI is 9-0 over the last 42 days.

Granted, that's ignoring the historical date, which shows between Jan 20th and Arch Madness UNI wins 72% of it's games.

Can anybody read? I never said I would take Indiana State (and I never would). I said I would avoid betting this game as it's not a slam dunk that UNI wins.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Aces1982 » February 22nd, 2017, 10:55 am

Cdizzle wrote:The difference between JR Simon and Jaylon Brown is 32 minutes per game.

I truly hope this was thrown out there as bait, sadly I don't think it was cause you said basically the same thing on SN.

This is the kind of thing that people doesn't like about Shocker fans. They think they have the best of the best and no one can ever compare.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirds4Life » February 22nd, 2017, 11:06 am

Ok, so BirdsEyeView said he would never take Indiana State, so how the hell can you say that, but the second that I say I would take that bet all day, you have to say something. I don't know why I wasted my time with you... I get it when people disagree and have reasons to back it up, but man, choose better spots to take shots at people's picks. You lose all credibility when you are arguing with me over this one game that if pressed, agree with me on.
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 22nd, 2017, 11:08 am

Here is another reason why I would not bet on this game...from Hacksaw (50/50 chance on this game)

Hacksaw wrote:Weighted probabilities:

Do you understand what I am saying Redbirds4Life? How am I losing credibility? This game is 50/50 to go either way and not a slam dunk bet....hence stay away from gambling.

MY ENTIRE ARGUMENT IS ABOUT GAMBLING!!
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby salukisideline » February 22nd, 2017, 11:11 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:Here is another reason why I would not bet on this game...from Hacksaw (50/50 chance on this game)

Hacksaw wrote:Weighted probabilities:

Do you understand what I am saying Redbirds4Life? How am I losing credibility? This game is 50/50 to go either way and not a slam dunk bet....hence stay away from gambling.

MY ENTIRE ARGUMENT IS ABOUT GAMBLING!!

So wait are you anti-gambling in general?
salukisideline
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Stickboy46 » February 22nd, 2017, 11:19 am

uniftw wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:
salukisideline wrote:If it's late February, I'm going with Jacobson vs. non-WSU team every day of the week.

Again...history. What year is this? What players are trotting out? Adam Koch? Wes Washpun?

What about current season?

W
W
W
W
W
W
W
W
W

So, against anyone not named Wichita State or Illinois State UNI is 9-0 over the last 42 days.

Granted, that's ignoring the historical date, which shows between Jan 20th and Arch Madness UNI wins 72% of it's games.

It'd be smarter to bring UNI's record in the state of Indiana as a justification for not picking UNI, more than "THEY DON'T HAVE ADAM KOCH ANYMORE". I'd hate to do your smack talking for you though

It's also important to note that of those 9 game, 4 of those games were decided by 1 possession where a single shot or bad foul call was the deciding factor. 4 more were single digit games. Also of note is that UNI only won by 5 vs ISUb AT HOME during that stretch.

I don't think saying UNI is a slam dunk is a smart choice. UNI has been barely squeezing out wins over the course of this "run" if you can call it that. 9-0 looks great until you look at the details. This is definite no bet game. Two teams with lots of close games, one has gotten the lucky breaks, the other hasn't.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » February 22nd, 2017, 11:21 am

Aces1982 wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:The difference between JR Simon and Jaylon Brown is 32 minutes per game.

I truly hope this was thrown out there as bait, sadly I don't think it was cause you said basically the same thing on SN.

This is the kind of thing that people doesn't like about Shocker fans. They think they have the best of the best and no one can ever compare.

67-4. What people don't like is losing.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 22nd, 2017, 11:28 am

Stickboy46 wrote:
It's also important to note that of those 9 game, 4 of those games were decided by 1 possession where a single shot or bad foul call was the deciding factor. 4 more were single digit games. Also of note is that UNI only won by 5 vs ISUb AT HOME during that stretch.

I don't think saying UNI is a slam dunk is a smart choice. UNI has been barely squeezing out wins over the course of this "run" if you can call it that. 9-0 looks great until you look at the details. This is definite no bet game. Two teams with lots of close games, one has gotten the lucky breaks, the other hasn't.

Thank you Stickboy. And no, Saluki fan, I am not anti-gambling. I just avoid gambling in games that can truly go either way. You both act like this is an easy bet.

This game can go either way. Please understand what I am saying before you challenge my point of view (and credibility??) Redbirds4Life.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » February 22nd, 2017, 11:35 am

uniftw wrote:What about current season?

W
W
W
W
W
W
W
W
W

It'd be smarter to bring UNI's record in the state of Indiana as a justification for not picking UNI, more than "THEY DON'T HAVE ADAM KOCH ANYMORE". I'd hate to do your smack talking for you though

If you take away all their losses, Evansville is 14-0, too.

The weird accounting going on by some folks to try to quantify some sort of 'magical run' by UNI is interesting.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 22nd, 2017, 11:42 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Redbirds4Life wrote:I call it like I see it. In all honesty, Northern Iowa basketball is probably my 2nd most hated sports team. Still, I shouldn't have to explain why I am picking UNI and believe they are better than anyone is giving them credit for. If you guys think I am wrong, so be it. I don't like cdizzle at all, but the fact that he didn't take the time to call me out, showed me that I might want to just show a bit of class and give him the nod on that one.

How bout this, tell me why you are picking Indiana State? If you feel my taking UNI is so bad, tell me why you think the trees get it done. I don't think I have a read a real reason on why anyone is picking Indiana State. That's a much better discussion than, "oh he just loves UNI."

Never said that Indiana State was going to win, but I suggested it is not a slam dunk as you implied with how this game was going to end up. When one person continues to overvalue UNI due to the coach and their history as a team, despite the stats opposing it, then I was simply looking out for you.

From a betting perspective, it's a game to stay away from, given it's on the road and with their major struggles on the offensive end (again #298 Kenpom ranking on offense).

I said this on page 2 Redbirds4Life....even bolded the part that mentioned I basically would never bet on Indy St. Two pages later, comprehension has still not kicked in for you.

Do what you want. Bet how you want. I was simply trying to help you out (a major mistake on my part clearly since you don't listen to anyone but your own opinions). There are other games to bet on that have more obvious selections than this UNI @ ISUb game.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball