Game 17

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Game 17

Postby TheObserver » February 22nd, 2017, 8:12 pm

Winning ugly is better than losing pretty.

SIU isn't a terrible defensive team, but yah, the Redbird offense sure seems to have stifled. That's why it's good to have a great defense. They will not be an easy out at all in St. Louis.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 22nd, 2017, 8:23 pm

People don't listen
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » February 22nd, 2017, 8:27 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:People don't listen

Or watch.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 22nd, 2017, 8:28 pm

TheObserver wrote:Winning ugly is better than losing pretty.

SIU isn't a terrible defensive team, but yah, the Redbird offense sure seems to have stifled. That's why it's good to have a great defense. They will not be an easy out at all in St. Louis.

We badly need McIntosh 100% and Lee has to run our offense much better. We are definitely regressing!
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 22nd, 2017, 8:30 pm

Cdizzle wrote:

Or watch.

But but but it's UNI and they have Jacobson. And they've won 72% of games this time of year!
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » February 22nd, 2017, 8:41 pm

This is definitely the most confident I have ever felt leading up to St. Louis. If we lose there again we should just start forfeiting the Friday game and saving everyone the trip. Wichita State by 20+ every game is my current prediction. ISUr just needs to hope and pray they just get to Sunday because I don't see that happening right now. Losing on Saturday in a close one might actually be better for them than getting to Sunday and getting pasted by 50 points now that I think about it.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 22nd, 2017, 8:45 pm

AndShock wrote:This is definitely the most confident I have ever felt leading up to St. Louis. If we lose there again we should just start forfeiting the Friday game and saving everyone the trip. Wichita State by 20+ every game is my current prediction. ISUr just needs to hope and pray they just get to Sunday because I don't see that happening right now. Losing on Saturday in a close one might actually be better for them than getting to Sunday and getting pasted by 50 points now that I think about it.

This was a text I received during the game tonight from a buddy...

"I'll take Wichita and give you the field plus 20 pts in Arch Madness"

I declined his bet.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby salukisideline » February 22nd, 2017, 9:04 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:

Or watch.

But but but it's UNI and they have Jacobson. And they've won 72% of games this time of year!

Here's the deal. You guys were right and as I stated I'll come here and eat crow. Now BEV I still could give two shits about your advice. I'm not going to lose any sleep over the UNI picked. I was at the game tonight and think the birds are in trouble the rest of the way. The Dawgs played TERRIBLE and kept it close.
salukisideline
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 22nd, 2017, 9:36 pm

salukisideline wrote:
Here's the deal. You guys were right and as I stated I'll come here and eat crow. Now BEV I still could give two shits about your advice. I'm not going to lose any sleep over the UNI picked. I was at the game tonight and think the birds are in trouble the rest of the way. The Dawgs played TERRIBLE and kept it close.

Wow bitterness. It is what it is. I had no ill will until you both got defensive.
Just know this...the past does not predict the future. For UNI, their past players are not their current players. Use your eyes to watch them and you will see it's not 2016 UNI.

As for tonight, both teams played like s***. The difference? One is 16-1 and the other is 8-9.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » February 22nd, 2017, 9:53 pm

The Bears lose to Bradley. It's incredible how competitive we can be against good teams like ISUr and Valpo and still lose to Bradley. I know Bradley has some good young players but no way we should lose to them even on the road.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball