Game 17

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Game 17

Postby Cdizzle » February 22nd, 2017, 11:21 am

Aces1982 wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:The difference between JR Simon and Jaylon Brown is 32 minutes per game.

I truly hope this was thrown out there as bait, sadly I don't think it was cause you said basically the same thing on SN.

This is the kind of thing that people doesn't like about Shocker fans. They think they have the best of the best and no one can ever compare.

67-4. What people don't like is losing.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 22nd, 2017, 11:28 am

Stickboy46 wrote:
It's also important to note that of those 9 game, 4 of those games were decided by 1 possession where a single shot or bad foul call was the deciding factor. 4 more were single digit games. Also of note is that UNI only won by 5 vs ISUb AT HOME during that stretch.

I don't think saying UNI is a slam dunk is a smart choice. UNI has been barely squeezing out wins over the course of this "run" if you can call it that. 9-0 looks great until you look at the details. This is definite no bet game. Two teams with lots of close games, one has gotten the lucky breaks, the other hasn't.

Thank you Stickboy. And no, Saluki fan, I am not anti-gambling. I just avoid gambling in games that can truly go either way. You both act like this is an easy bet.

This game can go either way. Please understand what I am saying before you challenge my point of view (and credibility??) Redbirds4Life.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » February 22nd, 2017, 11:35 am

uniftw wrote:What about current season?

UNI vs non WSU and ISUr teams in conference since Jan 11th, 2017
W
W
W
W
W
W
W
W
W

So, against anyone not named Wichita State or Illinois State UNI is 9-0 over the last 42 days.

Granted, that's ignoring the historical date, which shows between Jan 20th and Arch Madness UNI wins 72% of it's games.

It'd be smarter to bring UNI's record in the state of Indiana as a justification for not picking UNI, more than "THEY DON'T HAVE ADAM KOCH ANYMORE". I'd hate to do your smack talking for you though

If you take away all their losses, Evansville is 14-0, too.

The weird accounting going on by some folks to try to quantify some sort of 'magical run' by UNI is interesting.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 22nd, 2017, 11:42 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Redbirds4Life wrote:I call it like I see it. In all honesty, Northern Iowa basketball is probably my 2nd most hated sports team. Still, I shouldn't have to explain why I am picking UNI and believe they are better than anyone is giving them credit for. If you guys think I am wrong, so be it. I don't like cdizzle at all, but the fact that he didn't take the time to call me out, showed me that I might want to just show a bit of class and give him the nod on that one.

How bout this, tell me why you are picking Indiana State? If you feel my taking UNI is so bad, tell me why you think the trees get it done. I don't think I have a read a real reason on why anyone is picking Indiana State. That's a much better discussion than, "oh he just loves UNI."

Never said that Indiana State was going to win, but I suggested it is not a slam dunk as you implied with how this game was going to end up. When one person continues to overvalue UNI due to the coach and their history as a team, despite the stats opposing it, then I was simply looking out for you.

From a betting perspective, it's a game to stay away from, given it's on the road and with their major struggles on the offensive end (again #298 Kenpom ranking on offense).

I said this on page 2 Redbirds4Life....even bolded the part that mentioned I basically would never bet on Indy St. Two pages later, comprehension has still not kicked in for you.

Do what you want. Bet how you want. I was simply trying to help you out (a major mistake on my part clearly since you don't listen to anyone but your own opinions). There are other games to bet on that have more obvious selections than this UNI @ ISUb game.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » February 22nd, 2017, 11:48 am

For the record, I'm not saying UNI won't win this game. I just don't get the love have some for that squad right now.

I think for the first half of conference season it was pretty obviously:
1a. ISUr
1b. WSU
everybody else

I think for the 2nd half of conference season it has been pretty obviously:
1. WSU
2. ISUr
UNI
everybody else
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheObserver » February 22nd, 2017, 12:13 pm

I'd take JR Simon over Jaylon Brown in a heartbeat. Although Brown is an excellent free throw shooter.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TheObserver » February 22nd, 2017, 12:17 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:
It's also important to note that of those 9 game, 4 of those games were decided by 1 possession where a single shot or bad foul call was the deciding factor. 4 more were single digit games. Also of note is that UNI only won by 5 vs ISUb AT HOME during that stretch.

I don't think saying UNI is a slam dunk is a smart choice. UNI has been barely squeezing out wins over the course of this "run" if you can call it that. 9-0 looks great until you look at the details. This is definite no bet game. Two teams with lots of close games, one has gotten the lucky breaks, the other hasn't.

Thank you Stickboy. And no, Saluki fan, I am not anti-gambling. I just avoid gambling in games that can truly go either way. You both act like this is an easy bet.

This game can go either way. Please understand what I am saying before you challenge my point of view (and credibility??) Redbirds4Life.

I agree with you. How anyone can say that a pickem bet is a "slam dunk pick" for UNI is just not smart. I believe Indiana State led late at Cedar Falls and it took a collapse by the Sycamores to allow UNI to pull it out by like 5 or 6.

Fortunately for Redbirds4Life he shouldn't lose any money this game since he lost most of it in his slam dunk UNI +17.5 pick last Saturday.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 22nd, 2017, 12:24 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:
I don't think anyone could convince me at this point that Shamet doesn't have NBA Potential. 6'4 ridiculously athletic PG Shooting 45% from 3, 83% from the line, and a 3 to 1 Assist to TO ratio? He's going to get looks.

I totally agree. I think by the time he is a Senior, his career will outperform FVV.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 22nd, 2017, 12:25 pm

TheObserver wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:

I agree with you. How anyone can say that a pickem bet is a "slam dunk pick" for UNI is just not smart. I believe Indiana State led late at Cedar Falls and it took a collapse by the Sycamores to allow UNI to pull it out by like 5 or 6.

Fortunately for Redbirds4Life he shouldn't lose any money this game since he lost most of it in his slam dunk UNI +17.5 pick last Saturday.

Mind-boggling. People like that are the reason Vegas is a booming town.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » February 22nd, 2017, 12:31 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Mind-boggling. People like that are the reason Vegas is a booming town.

I almost got run out of town for saying exactly this a week ago. But that was because I'm a big WSU fan meanie, so I must always be full of it.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball