UNI
MSU
Loyola

Vegas Picks for Cdizzle
Birds -10.5
UNI Pick'em
MSU -2.5
Drake +12.5

Oh man, you have to love Ben Jacobson and the boys at a Pick'em...take that all day.
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Re: Game 17

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 22nd, 2017, 8:43 am

Redbirds4Life wrote:
salukisideline wrote:Picks
Birds
UNI
MSU
Loyola

Vegas Picks for Cdizzle
Birds -10.5
UNI Pick'em
MSU -2.5
Drake +12.5

Oh man, you have to love Ben Jacobson and the boys at a Pick'em...take that all day.

There is a reason Vegas knows more than you. It got you last week too. In the interest of saving you money (again), stop overvaluing UNI
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby salukisideline » February 22nd, 2017, 8:51 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Redbirds4Life wrote:
Birds
UNI
MSU
Loyola

Vegas Picks for Cdizzle
Birds -10.5
UNI Pick'em
MSU -2.5
Drake +12.5

There is a reason Vegas knows more than you. It got you last week too. In the interest of saving you money (again), stop overvaluing UNI

Thanks dad. UNI at the Hulman Center, I'd take that all day too. It's a Jekyll and Hyde league, so I'lll be fine with coming and eating crow any day of the week.
salukisideline
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 22nd, 2017, 8:59 am

salukisideline wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:
Redbirds4Life wrote:

Thanks dad. UNI at the Hulman Center, I'd take that all day too. It's a Jekyll and Hyde league, so I'lll be fine with coming and eating crow any day of the week.

I wasn't talking to you. Just trying to help a fellow Redbird save money by assuming a win for UNI due to the pick-em status of that game.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby RoyalShock » February 22nd, 2017, 9:02 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:I wasn't talking to you. Just trying to help a fellow Redbird save money by assuming a win for UNI due to the pick-em status of that game.

You might have better luck getting him to switch to Geico.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 22nd, 2017, 9:12 am

RoyalShock wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:I wasn't talking to you. Just trying to help a fellow Redbird save money by assuming a win for UNI due to the pick-em status of that game.

You might have better luck getting him to switch to Geico.

LOL.
I seriously don't understand the love affair with UNI. The brand name really has people thrown off. Metrics are rather ugly, especially offensively for them (#298 in KenPom), yet it keeps getting ignored due to their name and their coach.

They certainly might beat Indy St. on the road, but I would stay away from betting that game.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » February 22nd, 2017, 9:34 am

Redbirds4Life wrote:
Birds
UNI
MSU
Loyola

Vegas Picks for Cdizzle
Birds -10.5
UNI Pick'em
MSU -2.5
Drake +12.5

Has anyone seen Redbirds4Life and Ben Jacobson at the same place at the same time?

No??

I think I might be on to something here ...
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Blers » February 22nd, 2017, 9:53 am

AndShock wrote:What's the margin of victory record for Arch Madness? :dance:

28 points from the LU beat down of ISUb two years back... certainly could be at risk next Friday though...
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirds4Life » February 22nd, 2017, 9:57 am

I call it like I see it. In all honesty, Northern Iowa basketball is probably my 2nd most hated sports team. Still, I shouldn't have to explain why I am picking UNI and believe they are better than anyone is giving them credit for. If you guys think I am wrong, so be it. I don't like cdizzle at all, but the fact that he didn't take the time to call me out, showed me that I might want to just show a bit of class and give him the nod on that one.

How bout this, tell me why you are picking Indiana State? If you feel my taking UNI is so bad, tell me why you think the trees get it done. I don't think I have a read a real reason on why anyone is picking Indiana State. That's a much better discussion than, "oh he just loves UNI."
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby shockem » February 22nd, 2017, 10:05 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:WSU has now passed ISUr on field goal percentage defense. WSU is #3 and ISUr #5 in the nation.

When you combine that defense with this potent offense, no wonder they're killing everyone. I believe the Shox are better this year than last year as they don't have the deficiencies on offense that exposed them a year ago.

You're right about that. Last year we had 6'5" Evan Wessel at power forward and Anton Grady, who had the knees of a 45 year old man at center. Shaq was still a young fouling machine that was only good for 10 mpg. We had a lot of guys improve their games this year (Kelly, Morris, Frankamp and Nurger in particular) plus the addition of Shamet and Willis, our roster has upgraded overall even though we lost 2 NBA guards. What has really put this team on the right path was solidifying our 2 guard spots with Shamet and Frankamp.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball