Game 17

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Game 17

Postby Cdizzle » February 22nd, 2017, 11:48 am

For the record, I'm not saying UNI won't win this game. I just don't get the love have some for that squad right now.

I think for the first half of conference season it was pretty obviously:
1a. ISUr
1b. WSU
everybody else

I think for the 2nd half of conference season it has been pretty obviously:
1. WSU
2. ISUr
UNI
everybody else
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TheObserver » February 22nd, 2017, 12:13 pm

I'd take JR Simon over Jaylon Brown in a heartbeat. Although Brown is an excellent free throw shooter.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TheObserver » February 22nd, 2017, 12:17 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:
It's also important to note that of those 9 game, 4 of those games were decided by 1 possession where a single shot or bad foul call was the deciding factor. 4 more were single digit games. Also of note is that UNI only won by 5 vs ISUb AT HOME during that stretch.

I don't think saying UNI is a slam dunk is a smart choice. UNI has been barely squeezing out wins over the course of this "run" if you can call it that. 9-0 looks great until you look at the details. This is definite no bet game. Two teams with lots of close games, one has gotten the lucky breaks, the other hasn't.

Thank you Stickboy. And no, Saluki fan, I am not anti-gambling. I just avoid gambling in games that can truly go either way. You both act like this is an easy bet.

This game can go either way. Please understand what I am saying before you challenge my point of view (and credibility??) Redbirds4Life.

I agree with you. How anyone can say that a pickem bet is a "slam dunk pick" for UNI is just not smart. I believe Indiana State led late at Cedar Falls and it took a collapse by the Sycamores to allow UNI to pull it out by like 5 or 6.

Fortunately for Redbirds4Life he shouldn't lose any money this game since he lost most of it in his slam dunk UNI +17.5 pick last Saturday.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 22nd, 2017, 12:24 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:
I don't think anyone could convince me at this point that Shamet doesn't have NBA Potential. 6'4 ridiculously athletic PG Shooting 45% from 3, 83% from the line, and a 3 to 1 Assist to TO ratio? He's going to get looks.

I totally agree. I think by the time he is a Senior, his career will outperform FVV.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 22nd, 2017, 12:25 pm

TheObserver wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:
It's also important to note that of those 9 game, 4 of those games were decided by 1 possession where a single shot or bad foul call was the deciding factor. 4 more were single digit games. Also of note is that UNI only won by 5 vs ISUb AT HOME during that stretch.

I don't think saying UNI is a slam dunk is a smart choice. UNI has been barely squeezing out wins over the course of this "run" if you can call it that. 9-0 looks great until you look at the details. This is definite no bet game. Two teams with lots of close games, one has gotten the lucky breaks, the other hasn't.

Thank you Stickboy. And no, Saluki fan, I am not anti-gambling. I just avoid gambling in games that can truly go either way. You both act like this is an easy bet.

This game can go either way. Please understand what I am saying before you challenge my point of view (and credibility??) Redbirds4Life.

I agree with you. How anyone can say that a pickem bet is a "slam dunk pick" for UNI is just not smart. I believe Indiana State led late at Cedar Falls and it took a collapse by the Sycamores to allow UNI to pull it out by like 5 or 6.

Fortunately for Redbirds4Life he shouldn't lose any money this game since he lost most of it in his slam dunk UNI +17.5 pick last Saturday.

Mind-boggling. People like that are the reason Vegas is a booming town.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » February 22nd, 2017, 12:31 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:

I almost got run out of town for saying exactly this a week ago. But that was because I'm a big WSU fan meanie, so I must always be full of it.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 22nd, 2017, 12:58 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:

I almost got run out of town for saying exactly this a week ago. But that was because I'm a big WSU fan meanie, so I must always be full of it.

Ugly cheerleaders and meanie fans.

I think he likes you MUCH MORE than he likes me now...and I was literally trying to help him. If he does bet on this game, I hope he wins. Just a game I would totally avoid.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby salukisideline » February 22nd, 2017, 1:09 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:

Ugly cheerleaders and meanie fans.

I think he likes you MUCH MORE than he likes me now...and I was literally trying to help him. If he does bet on this game, I hope he wins. Just a game I would totally avoid.

Let me get this straight, you tell Redbirds4Life "This game can go either way. Please understand what I am saying before you challenge my point of view (and credibility??) Redbirds4Life." Then you spend three more posts piling on, AFTER you ask him to not challenge your POV/credibility. :Bam:
salukisideline
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 22nd, 2017, 1:19 pm

salukisideline wrote:Let me get this straight, you tell Redbirds4Life "This game can go either way. Please understand what I am saying before you challenge my point of view (and credibility??) Redbirds4Life." Then you spend three more posts piling on, AFTER you ask him to not challenge your POV/credibility. :Bam:

You are in the same boat as him. Comprehension is a challenging thing for some...just helping you both understand with a few extra posts.

Good luck tonight
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Horn28Clem30 » February 22nd, 2017, 3:57 pm

Is McIntosh a go tonight?
Horn28Clem30
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball