TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Re: Final Regular Season Games

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby tribecalledquest » February 25th, 2017, 3:24 pm

Bradley wins at Drake for the first time since 2008 and wins three league games in a row since a hell of a long time ago.

7-11 and tied for 6th was solid progress for Bradley. Plus, they are playing better here at the end of the year. Hopefully BU takes another step forward and gets in the 4/5 game at the minimum next season.

Drake can't keep the current coach I don't believe.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » February 25th, 2017, 3:30 pm

TheObserver wrote:UNI's gonna be good next year.

I think we've heard that before.

Morgan leads the team in every significant statistic. Is his graduation going to be addition by subtraction because more guys will have opportunities to get their share of the stats?
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » February 25th, 2017, 3:37 pm

Aargh wrote:
TheObserver wrote:UNI's gonna be good next year.

I think we've heard that before.

Morgan leads the team in every significant statistic. Is his graduation going to be addition by subtraction because more guys will have opportunities to get their share of the stats?

No idea what to think. I'm going a year of confidence helps the young guys. It hasn't been that we're not getting good shots, is just that we miss more item shots than any team ever.

I'd like to think McCloud and Haldeman both take big steps forward, but we just don't know. We're also going to be really short on the wing if we don't end up getting A JUCO or the Pickford kid that we're in on.

Jake did about as well as he could with what he had, but the talent level needs to increase.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » February 25th, 2017, 3:46 pm

TheObserver wrote:WSU answered every MSU attempt at a run. Sign of a championship team.

Shamet is playing unreal right now. Shaq is also a huge X factor when wants to play.

MSU has talent. They rebound really well but they're kinda soft. Lusk seems like a good guy that's just in over his head.

4th Valley title in a row, 5th in 6 years. I'm a happy Shocker yet again (and again and again and again)

Good assessment. I agree with everything you said. Saying all that I still think we showed something positive in terms of talent and heart by staying with the Shox for 3/4 of the game.

Lusk is definitely over his head. A decent coach would have had this team nipping at the heels of WSU and ISUr this year.

What a difference moving Shamet to the point has made. He is playing better and so is Frankamp. Of course things have to fall right but I think WSU is capable of a sweet 16 run this year.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirds4Life » February 25th, 2017, 4:22 pm

Salukis, at home, +1.5 - done and done...

#KeepPounding
#DirtyDansChamps
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby salukisideline » February 27th, 2017, 10:26 am

Redbirds4Life wrote:Salukis, at home, +1.5 - done and done...

#KeepPounding
#DirtyDansChamps

Way to make that money.
salukisideline
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby tribecalledquest » February 27th, 2017, 3:45 pm

glm38 wrote:
TheObserver wrote:WSU answered every MSU attempt at a run. Sign of a championship team.

Shamet is playing unreal right now. Shaq is also a huge X factor when wants to play.

MSU has talent. They rebound really well but they're kinda soft. Lusk seems like a good guy that's just in over his head.

4th Valley title in a row, 5th in 6 years. I'm a happy Shocker yet again (and again and again and again)

Good assessment. I agree with everything you said. Saying all that I still think we showed something positive in terms of talent and heart by staying with the Shox for 3/4 of the game.

Lusk is definitely over his head. A decent coach would have had this team nipping at the heels of WSU and ISUr this year.

What a difference moving Shamet to the point has made. He is playing better and so is Frankamp. Of course things have to fall right but I think WSU is capable of a sweet 16 run this year.

Does a different coach have the same talent?
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball