Final Regular Season Games

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Final Regular Season Games

Postby Aargh » February 25th, 2017, 10:40 am

I can see where losing a now meaningless regular season game to gain a perceived advantage in St. Louis could be considered. But only as a visitor. Any coach that would lose a winnable game through coaching on his home court on Senior night should be fired for cause and sued to return the money the school paid him for that game.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby tribecalledquest » February 25th, 2017, 11:17 am

Old School MVC wrote:
I should have wrote "rest" in quotations. My point is, wouldn't you rather be in ISUr side of the bracket next weekend? Add in with what was said about game planning for the same team, I still believe "IF" ISUr wins, there is a chance Loyola will want to stay on the Redbird's side of the bracket so a loss is by Loyola does not effect them. Sell it as resting up the starters, no one questions it that much. Then your first two games at STL are SIU and ISUr instead of MSU and WSU.

I don't worry too much about what side of a bracket a team is on. You have to win three games to win it. You will face better teams along the way. I personally feel too much is made of this.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » February 25th, 2017, 12:43 pm

Looks like I was wrong. I didn't think the Bears could hold the Shox win to under 20.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 25th, 2017, 12:49 pm

I would absolutely play to avoid Shockers side of bracket after watching that.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bleach » February 25th, 2017, 12:57 pm

Aargh wrote:Looks like I was wrong. I didn't think the Bears could hold the Shox win to under 20.

Bears are very talented. Alize, Dequon, Rhodes and Dixon. Church is just a freak athlete and Chris Kendrix is the most talented Bear who somehow can't get in the game today.
The Shockers are more "talented" but not by that much. The Bears make a LOT of plays but have no identity or focus.

Will other teams fans explain how this team is 7-11.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheObserver » February 25th, 2017, 1:00 pm

WSU answered every MSU attempt at a run. Sign of a championship team.

Shamet is playing unreal right now. Shaq is also a huge X factor when wants to play.

MSU has talent. They rebound really well but they're kinda soft. Lusk seems like a good guy that's just in over his head.

4th Valley title in a row, 5th in 6 years. I'm a happy Shocker yet again (and again and again and again)
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TheObserver » February 25th, 2017, 2:47 pm

UNI's gonna be good next year.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby tribecalledquest » February 25th, 2017, 3:24 pm

Bradley wins at Drake for the first time since 2008 and wins three league games in a row since a hell of a long time ago.

7-11 and tied for 6th was solid progress for Bradley. Plus, they are playing better here at the end of the year. Hopefully BU takes another step forward and gets in the 4/5 game at the minimum next season.

Drake can't keep the current coach I don't believe.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » February 25th, 2017, 3:30 pm

TheObserver wrote:UNI's gonna be good next year.

I think we've heard that before.

Morgan leads the team in every significant statistic. Is his graduation going to be addition by subtraction because more guys will have opportunities to get their share of the stats?
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » February 25th, 2017, 3:37 pm

Aargh wrote:
TheObserver wrote:UNI's gonna be good next year.

I think we've heard that before.

Morgan leads the team in every significant statistic. Is his graduation going to be addition by subtraction because more guys will have opportunities to get their share of the stats?

No idea what to think. I'm going a year of confidence helps the young guys. It hasn't been that we're not getting good shots, is just that we miss more item shots than any team ever.

I'd like to think McCloud and Haldeman both take big steps forward, but we just don't know. We're also going to be really short on the wing if we don't end up getting A JUCO or the Pickford kid that we're in on.

Jake did about as well as he could with what he had, but the talent level needs to increase.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball