Postby BirdsEyeView » February 25th, 2017, 7:40 pm

municup14 wrote:Who gets the number one seed

Illinois State
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: Arch Madness Seedings

Postby SalukiHoops » February 26th, 2017, 1:18 am

Salukis vs Ramblers part 3 in the 4-5 Game! Gonna be hard to beat a team 3 times, although I think SIU wins.
SalukiHoops
SalukiHoops
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Pickwick68 » February 26th, 2017, 4:21 am

So, Illinois State gets the no 1 seed? Way to give WSU something to think about. Congratulations to ISU on their season. Not starting any arguments. But I think the MVC final should be interesting. If WSU wins, does Illinois State make the dance? If Illinois State wins, does Wichita State get in? Does the Valley get two teams in. Stay tuned.
Pickwick68
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby Wufan » February 26th, 2017, 6:28 am

Pickwick68 wrote:So, Illinois State gets the no 1 seed? Way to give WSU something to think about. Congratulations to ISU on their season. Not starting any arguments. But I think the MVC final should be interesting. If WSU wins, does Illinois State make the dance? If Illinois State wins, does Wichita State get in? Does the Valley get two teams in. Stay tuned.

I think WSU is more than likely in with a win on Friday, but I don't want to find out. Make it to Sunday and it's almost for sure. I think ISUr is 50/50 with a loss on Sunday.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PurpleAcesFootball » February 26th, 2017, 11:00 am

Yikes. I hadn't looked at the numbers recently, but I'm afraid the conference needs to prepare itself for a snub in 2 weeks. I just don't see a second bid at this time. There's a chance a P5 school like Kansas St. or Georgia Tech falls off a cliff, but it's looking like a tall order.

Both WSU and ISU have 1 top 100 win each (excluding their head to head.) The only quality win (Top 50) is against each other. It reminds me of the St. Mary's/Gonazaga West Coast conference bids.

Look at last year for example. St. Mary's was 27-5, won the regular season, but lost in conference tourney final. NIT.

For the record - this is not a knock on either team, just an illustration of how awful the rest of the conference was this year.
PurpleAcesFootball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BCPanther » February 26th, 2017, 12:34 pm

Indiana State
Bradley

Illinois State
Loyola
Wichita State
UNI

Illinois State
Wichita State

Wichita State
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » February 26th, 2017, 4:37 pm

Pickwick68 wrote:So, Illinois State gets the no 1 seed? Way to give WSU something to think about. Congratulations to ISU on their season. Not starting any arguments. But I think the MVC final should be interesting. If WSU wins, does Illinois State make the dance? If Illinois State wins, does Wichita State get in? Does the Valley get two teams in. Stay tuned.

I think MVC only gets 1 team in.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirds4Life » February 27th, 2017, 8:31 am

Snaggletooth wrote:

:+1: - BUT I hope I am wrong. Both teams deserve to make it, even if it's one heading to Dayton. I think Wichita State has a bit of leg up on ISU. Best chance at 2 bids, ISU beats WSU in the title game in a close game, Wichita gets an at-large. I don't think we get 2 teams, but ya never know.
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 27th, 2017, 8:41 am

Redbirds4Life wrote:
Snaggletooth wrote:

:+1: - BUT I hope I am wrong. Both teams deserve to make it, even if it's one heading to Dayton. I think Wichita State has a bit of leg up on ISU. Best chance at 2 bids, ISU beats WSU in the title game in a close game, Wichita gets an at-large. I don't think we get 2 teams, but ya never know.

The bubble is weak this year everyone. Only reason for true optimism. That, and this is a totally different selection committee than last year. Hopefully, they value a 27-6 team over a 6-12 Power 5 team.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball