All Award Winners for MVC Predictions (before Tuesday)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: All Award Winners for MVC Predictions (before Tuesday)

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 1st, 2017, 11:19 am

BCPanther wrote:Actually Illinois State going 17-1 makes me even more mad that we laid an egg in Evansville two years ago and somehow got beat by 3 in front of literally dozens of people on New Years Day. Dueling 17-1s should have happened that year. That said, that Evansville team was much better than any of the bottom 8 this year as were Illinois State and Indiana State...

No offense to this Illinois State team, but the Tuttle UNI team of two years ago was better than this Redbird team. I'm also not convinced that this Wichita team isn't better than that Wichita team was...

Then how bad is Northern Iowa this year if we just put your WORST LOSS EVER at Mcleod Center on Saturday...given ISUr is not that good??

You keep referencing ISUr as not being that great....remember McIntosh has not been healthy since his injury occurred on January 21st. This ISUr team has lost 1 game all season with it's full roster available to play. N'Diaye was out until mid December. Tony Wills had hernia surgery right before the season and was not healthy during the losses to Murray, TCU, and Tulsa.

Our only loss with everyone available all season is San Francisco in Hawaii.

I think this team beats Tuttle's UNI team from 2 years ago if we have everyone healthy...
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cdizzle » March 1st, 2017, 11:23 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:I think this team beats Tuttle's UNI team from 2 years ago if we have everyone healthy...

Interesting comparison. As a neutral observer here, I'd take UNI in that matchup on a neutral court. That UNI team was really good. ISU just struggles so much to score this year.

It is difficult to know for sure what this ISU team could have looked like if healthy all year.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 1st, 2017, 11:24 am

Redbirds4Life wrote:
TheObserver wrote:
AndShock wrote:Reminder that WSU and ISUr are 32-0 against the rest of the conference.

Mic drop.

What does that have to do with people taking every convo to WSU/ISU.... Cus we were 16-0 vs everyone... That isn't an argument to take over every convo guys. There is a reason that we have an ISU Vs WSU thread.

When most of the awards were given to ISUr and WSU players then yes the convo in this topic will lead towards these two teams...

3 of 5 first teamers
POY
FOY
DPOY
and COY (either Marshall or Muller will win)

So, clearly the topic leads that way given who won the awards.

We did have a convo about Doyle yesterday to keep things open for Loyola as well mind you.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » March 1st, 2017, 11:46 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
BCPanther wrote:Actually Illinois State going 17-1 makes me even more mad that we laid an egg in Evansville two years ago and somehow got beat by 3 in front of literally dozens of people on New Years Day. Dueling 17-1s should have happened that year. That said, that Evansville team was much better than any of the bottom 8 this year as were Illinois State and Indiana State...

No offense to this Illinois State team, but the Tuttle UNI team of two years ago was better than this Redbird team. I'm also not convinced that this Wichita team isn't better than that Wichita team was...

Then how bad is Northern Iowa this year if we just put your WORST LOSS EVER at Mcleod Center on Saturday...given ISUr is not that good??

You keep referencing ISUr as not being that great....remember McIntosh has not been healthy since his injury occurred on January 21st. This ISUr team has lost 1 game all season with it's full roster available to play. N'Diaye was out until mid December. Tony Wills had hernia surgery right before the season and was not healthy during the losses to Murray, TCU, and Tulsa.

Our only loss with everyone available all season is San Francisco in Hawaii.

I think this team beats Tuttle's UNI team from 2 years ago if we have everyone healthy...

Please tell me where I said that ISU 'wasn't that good'. They're very good, just not as good as that Tuttle team.

The Tuttle team was a 5 seed and ranked as high as 9th. This Illinois State team is a bubble team if they don't win the tournament.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 1st, 2017, 12:39 pm

BCPanther wrote:
Please tell me where I said that ISU 'wasn't that good'. They're very good, just not as good as that Tuttle team.

I guess I implied it from your comments.

BCPanther wrote:The Tuttle team was a 5 seed and ranked as high as 9th. This Illinois State team is a bubble team if they don't win the tournament.

Per KenPom you were ranked 18th in 2014-2015 season
Illinois State is currently ranked 45th, but I would be interested in seeing where we would be if we were fully healthy for the entire campaign (No McIntosh or N'Diaye injuries + a healthy Wills for the first month).

You guys were very good that year for sure.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bleach » March 1st, 2017, 6:43 pm

I can't believe no one has Lusk for COY! He kept the Bears out of the play in game after all.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » March 1st, 2017, 6:56 pm

bleach wrote:I can't believe no one has Lusk for COY! He kept the Bears out of the play in game after all.

Give that man an extension!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball