All Award Winners for MVC Predictions (before Tuesday)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: All Award Winners for MVC Predictions (before Tuesday)

Postby AndShock » March 1st, 2017, 10:17 am

Reminder that WSU and ISUr are 32-0 against the rest of the conference.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TheObserver » March 1st, 2017, 10:25 am

AndShock wrote:Reminder that WSU and ISUr are 32-0 against the rest of the conference.

Mic drop.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Redbirds4Life » March 1st, 2017, 10:35 am

TheObserver wrote:
AndShock wrote:Reminder that WSU and ISUr are 32-0 against the rest of the conference.

Mic drop.

What does that have to do with people taking every convo to WSU/ISU.... Cus we were 16-0 vs everyone... That isn't an argument to take over every convo guys. There is a reason that we have an ISU Vs WSU thread.
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Cdizzle » March 1st, 2017, 10:41 am

This is a thread about conference award winners. You don't think that conversation is going to be dominated by the 2 teams that went 34-2? Get real.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » March 1st, 2017, 10:42 am

Actually Illinois State going 17-1 makes me even more mad that we laid an egg in Evansville two years ago and somehow got beat by 3 in front of literally dozens of people on New Years Day. Dueling 17-1s should have happened that year. That said, that Evansville team was much better than any of the bottom 8 this year as were Illinois State and Indiana State...

No offense to this Illinois State team, but the Tuttle UNI team of two years ago was better than this Redbird team. I'm also not convinced that this Wichita team isn't better than that Wichita team was...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirds4Life » March 1st, 2017, 10:46 am

Cdizzle wrote:This is a thread about conference award winners. You don't think that conversation is going to be dominated by the 2 teams that went 34-2? Get real.

So we have to start talking about a matchup in the valley title game that may or may not happen? Nothing is guaranteed, WSU could lose just as easily as ISU could. Having a discussion about which ISU or WSU guys make the team is one thing, but going into a convo about matchups in this game that we all don't know is for sure....don't think that's being unreasonable.
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby shockem » March 1st, 2017, 10:54 am

BCPanther wrote:I'm also not convinced that this Wichita team isn't better than that Wichita team was...

Interesting you say that because i look back on that WSU roster and think how much better we are now top to bottom. That roster was filled with freshmen (Kelly, Z Brown, Nurger - these guys didn't play a lot) & several guys that ended up transferring out (Henderson, Glass, Holland - none of these guys did anything). It was pretty much Fred, Ron, Tekele and Darius Carter. I'll take the current team over that team any day of the week.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » March 1st, 2017, 11:05 am

shockem wrote:
BCPanther wrote:I'm also not convinced that this Wichita team isn't better than that Wichita team was...

Interesting you say that because i look back on that WSU roster and think how much better we are now top to bottom. That roster was filled with freshmen (Kelly, Z Brown, Nurger - these guys didn't play a lot) & several guys that ended up transferring out (Henderson, Glass, Holland - none of these guys did anything). It was pretty much Fred, Ron, Tekele and Darius Carter. I'll take the current team over that team any day of the week.

I agree with you. I went double negative and made that sentence confusing. I like this team better because I think they're much more diverse offensively.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 1st, 2017, 11:15 am

Aargh wrote:
UNIFanSince1983 wrote:
UNIFanSince1983 wrote:What I think will actually happen:
POY: P. Lee
NOY: A. Johnson
FOY: L. Shamet
COY: D. Muller
DPOY: P. Lee

Gotta say if ole Danny Boy takes home the COY I will have been perfect. Of course they were all fairly obvious.

Zach Brown probably needed this to go to another level on D. I suspect Brown will be guarding Lee next Sunday. I don't think Lee is going to have a lot of fun.

Marshall is actually going to be able to play the "we don't get any respect" card.

It started here about the DPOY "chip on his shoulder" for Zach Brown. Aargh assumed Brown guards Lee again, if we play each other. Sometimes, and stay with me here Redbirds4Life, topics go on tangents off one simple comment.

If you want to stay on task, I suggest you sit on this site for hours straight and be sure everyone's comments and responses stay on topic. Good luck.

It happens ALL THE TIME on the Redbird board...do you play regulator on that site as well?
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » March 1st, 2017, 11:17 am

It's also the only way interesting conversation happens on these boards.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball