All Award Winners for MVC Predictions (before Tuesday)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: All Award Winners for MVC Predictions (before Tuesday)

Postby shockem » March 1st, 2017, 10:01 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Aargh wrote:I don't know how Marshall will play the matchups. I imagine he'll look at the first 28 minutes of the most recent game and figure out what worked then. I say the first 28 because that appears to be when both the players and the coaching staff gave up on the game.

As Rollbird said above, the most recent game did not have arguably our best player in the game. It's a bit more difficult for Brown to guard Lee given the matchup issues that would follow.

Logically, if it happens, this time...

Wills vs Frankamp
McIntosh vs Brown
Lee vs Shamet
Hawkins vs Morris
Fayne vs McDuffie

If you put Brown on Lee again then Shamet has to guard somebody like McIntosh, Hawkins or Fayne (a major size difference). Our last game we started Evans so it was easier to make the switch for you guys (Evans is 6 ft and McIntosh is 6'7")

This is close. Brown won't be able to guard Lee this time around due to McIntosh playing. I would expect Morris to guard Fayne and McDuffie on Hawkins due to the perimeter threat. We have to keep Morris in the middle.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BCPanther » March 1st, 2017, 10:08 am

shockem wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:
Aargh wrote:I don't know how Marshall will play the matchups. I imagine he'll look at the first 28 minutes of the most recent game and figure out what worked then. I say the first 28 because that appears to be when both the players and the coaching staff gave up on the game.

As Rollbird said above, the most recent game did not have arguably our best player in the game. It's a bit more difficult for Brown to guard Lee given the matchup issues that would follow.

Logically, if it happens, this time...

Wills vs Frankamp
McIntosh vs Brown
Lee vs Shamet
Hawkins vs Morris
Fayne vs McDuffie

If you put Brown on Lee again then Shamet has to guard somebody like McIntosh, Hawkins or Fayne (a major size difference). Our last game we started Evans so it was easier to make the switch for you guys (Evans is 6 ft and McIntosh is 6'7")

This is close. Brown won't be able to guard Lee this time around due to McIntosh playing. I would expect Morris to guard Fayne and McDuffie on Hawkins due to the perimeter threat. We have to keep Morris in the middle.

Whoa, both teams actually to get to SundaHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH.

Sorry couldn't finish the sentence. As you were...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirds4Life » March 1st, 2017, 10:14 am

You know, I haven't been on this board long, but it does kind of feel like every discussion becomes ISU VS WSU by the end of it....
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Blers » March 1st, 2017, 10:17 am

Redbirds4Life wrote:You know, I haven't been on this board long, but it does kind of feel like every discussion becomes ISU VS WSU by the end of it....

Yep :(
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby AndShock » March 1st, 2017, 10:17 am

Reminder that WSU and ISUr are 32-0 against the rest of the conference.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheObserver » March 1st, 2017, 10:25 am

AndShock wrote:Reminder that WSU and ISUr are 32-0 against the rest of the conference.

Mic drop.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Redbirds4Life » March 1st, 2017, 10:35 am

TheObserver wrote:
AndShock wrote:Reminder that WSU and ISUr are 32-0 against the rest of the conference.

Mic drop.

What does that have to do with people taking every convo to WSU/ISU.... Cus we were 16-0 vs everyone... That isn't an argument to take over every convo guys. There is a reason that we have an ISU Vs WSU thread.
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Cdizzle » March 1st, 2017, 10:41 am

This is a thread about conference award winners. You don't think that conversation is going to be dominated by the 2 teams that went 34-2? Get real.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » March 1st, 2017, 10:42 am

Actually Illinois State going 17-1 makes me even more mad that we laid an egg in Evansville two years ago and somehow got beat by 3 in front of literally dozens of people on New Years Day. Dueling 17-1s should have happened that year. That said, that Evansville team was much better than any of the bottom 8 this year as were Illinois State and Indiana State...

No offense to this Illinois State team, but the Tuttle UNI team of two years ago was better than this Redbird team. I'm also not convinced that this Wichita team isn't better than that Wichita team was...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbirds4Life » March 1st, 2017, 10:46 am

Cdizzle wrote:This is a thread about conference award winners. You don't think that conversation is going to be dominated by the 2 teams that went 34-2? Get real.

So we have to start talking about a matchup in the valley title game that may or may not happen? Nothing is guaranteed, WSU could lose just as easily as ISU could. Having a discussion about which ISU or WSU guys make the team is one thing, but going into a convo about matchups in this game that we all don't know is for sure....don't think that's being unreasonable.
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball