MVCfans.com - All-MVC teams and honors

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVCfans.com - All-MVC teams and honors

Postby Stickboy46 » February 28th, 2017, 10:26 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:

No major complaints from me. Hopefully Hawkins/McIntosh play inspired ball this weekend since they were left off the 1st team.

One of those two should have been in above Doyle.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cdizzle » February 28th, 2017, 10:29 am

Stickboy46 wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:

No major complaints from me. Hopefully Hawkins/McIntosh play inspired ball this weekend since they were left off the 1st team.

Agreed. Don't understand that much love for Doyle. McIntosh a little unlucky with the injury. Hawkins could be hurt by the fact that he's an idiot.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Red » February 28th, 2017, 10:40 am

Stickboy46 wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:

:+1: Shocking to me.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Red » February 28th, 2017, 10:40 am

MVCfans wrote:Our MVC individual honors are linked below. Debated Muller vs Marshall for COY and Shamet vs Johnson for Newcomer, but all in all the choices seemed clear.

link to 2061-17 Individual MVC Honors

Any chance we get co-COY? This would seem like a year where it could happen.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 28th, 2017, 10:50 am

When does the league announce actual POY, FOY, etc.?
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » February 28th, 2017, 10:53 am

I see Milton Doyle got a lifetime achievement award for never having a team finish above .500. That's a joke. Should have been Hawkins. ISU doesn't get through the stretch without McIntosh without him. I get that he's an awful person, but he's a damn good basketball player.

But, but, but Kansas...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » February 28th, 2017, 10:54 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:When does the league announce actual POY, FOY, etc.?

2 pm i believe.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Blers » February 28th, 2017, 11:31 am

The case for Doyle is he has 4 games this season of double digit scoring, 7 boards, 7 assists. The rest of the MVC combined has 4 such games combined. Also the only player to average at least 15-4-4 (.1 board shy of 15-5-4) as well as averaged 1.6 steals (good for third in the league). He hit double figures every game. Was the leader of the only MVC team outside Wichita and ISU inside the KenPom top 100 (as well as a team that ranks 342 out of 351 in the "Luck" statistic). The team lost 5 conference games by a combined 10 points; two off free throws in the waning seconds of regulation. Results are results and no one cares how close you are, but the team isn't even in most of those games without Doyle. I thought it was a toss up he'd make it, but i'm obviously really glad he did.

Not saying Hawkins isn't deserving on the court. But it makes sense that off the court issues are going to come into play, as well as who the MVC wants representing them.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » February 28th, 2017, 11:36 am

I would argue that the reason LUC is 0-fer in those close games has a lot to do with Doyle. Any close game inside 3 minutes and he goes to hero-ball. And I haven't seen it work yet this year.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » February 28th, 2017, 11:44 am

Blers wrote:The case for Doyle is he has 4 games this season of double digit scoring, 7 boards, 7 assists. The rest of the MVC combined has 4 such games combined. Also the only player to average at least 15-4-4 (.1 board shy of 15-5-4) as well as averaged 1.6 steals (good for third in the league). He hit double figures every game. Was the leader of the only MVC team outside Wichita and ISU inside the KenPom top 100 (as well as a team that ranks 342 out of 351 in the "Luck" statistic). The team lost 5 conference games by a combined 10 points; two off free throws in the waning seconds of regulation. Results are results and no one cares how close you are, but the team isn't even in most of those games without Doyle. I thought it was a toss up he'd make it, but i'm obviously really glad he did.

Not saying Hawkins isn't deserving on the court. But it makes sense that off the court issues are going to come into play, as well as who the MVC wants representing them.

Tony WIlls is going to shut him down on Saturday. Wills got into foul trouble our last game versus Loyola, and immediately after that, you guys came back from down 11. No foul trouble = no problem

Expanding his stat line against the BEST teams in the conference with the best defenders in the league (WSU/ISUr), Doyle was 20 for 60 from the field. 33%. And was 0-4.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball