MVCfans.com - All-MVC teams and honors

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVCfans.com - All-MVC teams and honors

Postby Wufan » February 28th, 2017, 8:44 pm

First, I'd like to congradulate all the winners on a job well done! I very much respected and enjoyed watching Milton Doyle, Jeremy Morgan, Paris Lee, Jaylon Brown, and even Deonte Hawkins over the past several years. It was a joy to watch them play, and I wish them all the best in the future!

Second, for those that were just outside the cut line, I say keep working hard in college and beyond! Good things will come to these kids!

Finally, for returning award winners; Johnson, McIntosh, Scott, Timmer, Ingram, and O'Brien; bring it on next year!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby jliehr » February 28th, 2017, 11:34 pm

TheObserver wrote:
Blers wrote:One player i'm actually excited to see coming off a "snub" is Dequon Miller who seems to be proactive in using it as motivation: https://twitter.com/DMiller__4/status/8 ... 6918519808

These numbers also don't lie:
15-15, 7-11 MVC, 216 RPI

Compared to Scott for ISU?

10-19, 5-13 MVC , 220 RPI

In conference play

Miller- 14.9 PPG, 3.5 APG, 35 3's Made, 38.5% 3Pt, 46.7% 2Pt, .9 SPG

Scott- 13.3 PPG, 2.4 APG, 39 3's Made, 37.1% 3Pt, 33% 2Pt, 1.4 SPG

Getting into advanced metrics, Miller had an offensive efficiency of 109.1 in MVC play to Scott's 92.2.

He has a legit complaint, his resume was far better than Brenton Scott
jliehr
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby MVCfans » March 2nd, 2017, 3:07 pm

Congrats to Coach Muller. While I went with Marshall, I'm not surprised that Muller won. Unfortunately, it seems like HCGM is a victim of his own success.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby glm38 » March 2nd, 2017, 3:56 pm

MVCfans wrote:Congrats to Coach Muller. While I went with Marshall, I'm not surprised that Muller won. Unfortunately, it seems like HCGM is a victim of his own success.

I would have gone with Marshall too. But it's close and Muller is deserving too.

I think Muller is an example of a young coach that struggled early on and was maybe in a bit over his head in the beginning. But he persevered and learned from his mistakes and has grown into the job.

Kind of the opposite of what has happened at msu with our coaching situation.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 2nd, 2017, 3:58 pm

glm38 wrote:
MVCfans wrote:Congrats to Coach Muller. While I went with Marshall, I'm not surprised that Muller won. Unfortunately, it seems like HCGM is a victim of his own success.

I would have gone with Marshall too. But it's close and Muller is deserving too.

I think Muller is an example of a young coach that struggled early on and was maybe in a bit over his head in the beginning. But he persevered and learned from his mistakes and has grown into the job.

Kind of the opposite of what has happened at msu with our coaching situation.

Having solid Senior leadership has helped Muller too.

He gave a great acceptance speech if you all have a chance to watch it.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » March 2nd, 2017, 3:59 pm

Ben Jacobson got a first place vote.

I'd all but guarantee that was from Marshall because there is no way in hell he'd ever vote for Muller with the history between those two.

1. Dan Muller 102 pts
2. Gregg Marshall 96 pts
3. Brian Wardle 20 pts
4. Ben Jacobson 19 pts
5. Porter Moser 15 pts

Thought Rutter might get a little more run even though they faded down the stretch.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Stickboy46 » March 2nd, 2017, 4:12 pm

BCPanther wrote:Ben Jacobson got a first place vote.

I'd all but guarantee that was from Marshall because there is no way in hell he'd ever vote for Muller with the history between those two.

1. Dan Muller 102 pts
2. Gregg Marshall 96 pts
3. Brian Wardle 20 pts
4. Ben Jacobson 19 pts
5. Porter Moser 15 pts

Thought Rutter might get a little more run even though they faded down the stretch.

Just as easily could have been Muller ..
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheObserver » March 2nd, 2017, 4:34 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:

1. Dan Muller 102 pts
2. Gregg Marshall 96 pts
3. Brian Wardle 20 pts
4. Ben Jacobson 19 pts
5. Porter Moser 15 pts

Didn't Dan vote his team first the year WSU ended up going undefeated?

Yah, I'd say it's more likely that's where Jacobson's pity vote was thrown from.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BCPanther » March 2nd, 2017, 4:44 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:

1. Dan Muller 102 pts
2. Gregg Marshall 96 pts
3. Brian Wardle 20 pts
4. Ben Jacobson 19 pts
5. Porter Moser 15 pts

Eh, I kind of doubt that. Jake and Muller don't exactly get along and Marshall has been more effusive in his praise for Jake than any other coach in the league.

Anybody else sensing a theme that there seems to be a common denominator in coaches that don't get along very well.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Bmarq04 » March 2nd, 2017, 4:55 pm

BCPanther wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:

1. Dan Muller 102 pts
2. Gregg Marshall 96 pts
3. Brian Wardle 20 pts
4. Ben Jacobson 19 pts
5. Porter Moser 15 pts

Eh, I kind of doubt that. Jake and Muller don't exactly get along and Marshall has been more effusive in his praise for Jake than any other coach in the league.

Anybody else sensing a theme that there seems to be a common denominator in coaches that don't get along very well.

I don't think it was Marshall or Muller who voted for Jake. I do think it was someone for Wichita though. Someone also gave Muller a 3rd place vote. There's really only one team with enough dislike for ISU to do that. It's likely in coming up with 2 other names to put in front of Dan, that they went with Jake. Since they couldn't vote Marshall first and wanted Muller not to have their first place vote, someone else had to get it. Wichitas beat writer admitted to doing that last year by giving Brian Wardle a vote. Seems likely here again giving the vote to someone who he knew wouldn't win.
Bmarq04
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball