Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Quarter-Final Friday in St. Louis!

Postby Redbirds4Life » March 3rd, 2017, 1:05 pm

Birds/Aces
Dawgs/Ramblers
Shox/Braves
Panthers/Bears

Here we go!!!!

Solid 1st half for the Birds, gotta keep it rolling in the 2nd.
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Quarter-Final Friday in St. Louis!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Quarter-Final Friday in St. Louis!

Postby Cdizzle » March 3rd, 2017, 2:02 pm

Interesting watching the DPOY guarding J. Brown all game.

Oh. Wait.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » March 3rd, 2017, 2:08 pm

Great push by Evansville all game. A couple rough turnovers late really slowed momentum but they had a great game. I know some people aren't Jaylon Brown fans but i think he did some really nice things for Evansville in the role he was given. See ya next season Aces!

On the ISUr side really nice bench performance. Tony Wills is a monster on D. Hope Lee's foot is okay going into tomorrows game. Be a shame to have him hobbled this time of year.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirds4Life » March 3rd, 2017, 2:36 pm

I would get on here an say great game, but man, if you are the #1 seed, the #8 shouldn't be within 4 with under 2 min left. Did just enough to win, and right now, that is at least good enough. Not going to win any style points with that one, but oh well, at least they got the W. Honestly felt like ISU just kind of coasted half way through the 2nd half and didn't seem too "with it." Give the Aces credit, after playing about 16 hours ago, they hung around and didn't give up, especially when it was clear that some of their guys were out of gas.

Survive and Advance.

:Beer:
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Redhawk » March 3rd, 2017, 2:49 pm

Cdizzle wrote:Interesting watching the DPOY guarding J. Brown all game.

Oh. Wait.

I realize you are being snarky but just because you are DPOY it doesn't mean you have to guard the best player on the other team by default. JB is a really good player but I wouldn't expect one guy to chase and fight screens against that offense all day anyways. Fellow 1st team All Valley Defensive Team member Wills did most of the work on Brown but also got a lot of help from Madison Williams.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » March 3rd, 2017, 2:53 pm

Redhawk wrote:

Oh. Wait.

I realize you are being snarky but just because you are DPOY it doesn't mean you have to guard the best player on the other team by default. JB is a really good player but I wouldn't expect one guy to chase and fight screens against that offense all day anyways. Fellow 1st team All Valley Defensive Team member Wills did most of the work on Brown but also got a lot of help from Madison Williams.

I agree.

But it doesn't mean you are hidden from that when the opportunity is there either. It's not exactly like Lee is giving up 6 inches to Brown or something.

Wills would have been a much better DPOY pick than Lee.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » March 3rd, 2017, 2:58 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
Redhawk wrote:

Oh. Wait.

I agree.

But it doesn't mean you are hidden from that when the opportunity is there either. It's not exactly like Lee is giving up 6 inches to Brown or something.

Wills would have been a much better DPOY pick than Lee.

Based on the fact that Wills usually did have to guard the best opposing player each night I would agree with
you on the DPOY pick.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MVCfans » March 3rd, 2017, 6:59 pm

Wichita State is destroying Bradley right now, 32-11.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Wufan » March 3rd, 2017, 7:11 pm

MVCfans wrote:Wichita State is destroying Bradley right now, 32-11.

Sure was an ugly 5 minutes to start the game.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BlueChipShock » March 3rd, 2017, 7:18 pm

WSU is just too deep. Bradley came out with their hair on fire on defense and for 6 minutes they made the Shox look normal but when ur 10 deep with no real drop off in talent you don't get tired. Depth is why we leave St Louis with the Trophy and a 6/7 NCAA seed......book it
BlueChipShock
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball