Quarter-Final Friday in St. Louis!

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Quarter-Final Friday in St. Louis!

Postby Stickboy46 » March 3rd, 2017, 11:12 pm

Redbirds4Life wrote:
TheObserver wrote:
Redbirds4Life wrote:I wonder if the sock puppet lady is there?

Are you still gonna pick UNI to win tomorrow?

Jakes boys will have a great chance to get through to Sunday.

I remember hearing how this was going to end up like last year during their run through of the bottom of the conference.. Wonder what happened
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby glm38 » March 4th, 2017, 12:47 am

Watching the Bears Panthers game it seemed obvious to me that we are way more talented from a player standpoint than UNI. Take coaching out of it and we win 9 / 10 times this year. IMO anyway.

So we get a rematch with WSU. I don't expect to win at all but I do look forward to seeing us match up from a player standpoint. Some of the player match ups are interesting even if the coaching matchup is not.

We (MSU) are supposedly promised a decision on retaining Lusk this weekend. Hoping for an end to the six year nightmare.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BearUp11 » March 4th, 2017, 12:53 am

Was really hoping UNI would pull this one out! I guess we'll just have to endure one more game of the Lusk era.
Everyday is a great day to BearUp!
BearUp11
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby SubGod22 » March 4th, 2017, 7:42 am

Wufan wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:Not the biggest fan contingent I've seen from Wichita this year

People tired of the league crap. And NCAA games are more fun anyway. I'm not giving the league another cent.

Plus we always go home disappointed.

I stopped going for one reason mostly. I can't stand the city of STL.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SubGod22 » March 4th, 2017, 7:43 am

glm38 wrote:Watching the Bears Panthers game it seemed obvious to me that we are way more talented from a player standpoint than UNI. Take coaching out of it and we win 9 / 10 times this year. IMO anyway.

So we get a rematch with WSU. I don't expect to win at all but I do look forward to seeing us match up from a player standpoint. Some of the player match ups are interesting even if the coaching matchup is not.

We (MSU) are supposedly promised a decision on retaining Lusk this weekend. Hoping for an end to the six year nightmare.

For your sake, I hope he's fired as he's walking off the court after the beat down you're going to receive today.

You guys have too much talent to have played as poorly as you have this season.
www.wheatshockers.com

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ali » March 4th, 2017, 9:53 am

glm38 wrote:Watching the Bears Panthers game it seemed obvious to me that we are way more talented from a player standpoint than UNI.

I agree. There were times this year that we physically looked like a JV team out on the court. I know Jake likes local guys who are tough and play a certain style, but we need to get way more athletic.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SubGod22 » March 4th, 2017, 10:25 am

Ali wrote:
glm38 wrote:Watching the Bears Panthers game it seemed obvious to me that we are way more talented from a player standpoint than UNI.

I agree. There were times this year that we physically looked like a JV team out on the court. I know Jake likes local guys who are tough and play a certain style, but we need to get way more athletic.

It's not an either or situation. There are athletic guys out there that have no problem playing a style like yours. They exist. You've landed a couple over the years but it would be nice to see you guys get more athletic as a whole.

There's still room for guys who maybe aren't quite as athletic but are hard nosed guys that can shoot or maybe just scrappers.
www.wheatshockers.com

SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ptownbraves » March 4th, 2017, 12:37 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:Darrell Brown with the dirty dirty foul. Should have been ejected. Lost all respect for him

Unnecessary for DB and the frustration was building I'm sure. Though maybe Willis will think twice next time before flopping when you're up 30.
ptownbraves
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheObserver » March 4th, 2017, 1:01 pm

ptownbraves wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:Darrell Brown with the dirty dirty foul. Should have been ejected. Lost all respect for him

Unnecessary for DB and the frustration was building I'm sure. Though maybe Willis will think twice next time before flopping when you're up 30.

He deserved to get undercut over a flop? That Brown wasn't even apart of? Are you freaking kidding me?

If that's the case, then I guess it's justifiable for the entire UNI team to get pile-driven into the ground every time they play.

Unbelievable.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby ptownbraves » March 4th, 2017, 1:08 pm

TheObserver wrote:
ptownbraves wrote:

He deserved to get undercut over a flop? That Brown wasn't even apart of? Are you freaking kidding me?

If that's the case, then I guess it's justifiable for the entire UNI team to get pile-driven into the ground every time they play.

Unbelievable.

No, not deserving. I said it was unnecessary in my first post?
ptownbraves
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball