It's Semi Saturday

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: It's Semi Saturday

Postby ISUSOX13 » March 4th, 2017, 10:32 pm

mvcfan wrote:An interesting tidbit. I want to say that while I didn't yell or be loud st all tonight, I wanted ISUR to win because I thought it right that two 17-1 teams meet in the Championship game when the next place team is 9-9. However, I saw most of the ISUR side of the arena cheering for MSU. I don't know if that was because ISU cabs are scared to play us or if it was because they hate us. Either way, see you tomorrow.


Funny. Was seeing the same thing from the yellow and black clad Shockers fans yesterday.

Don't be a hypocrite.
ISUSOX13
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On
 
Posts: 7
Joined: February 22nd, 2017, 9:11 pm

Re: It's Semi Saturday

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: It's Semi Saturday

Postby LandStander » March 4th, 2017, 11:17 pm

BearUp11 wrote:
bleach wrote:He is back.

Our AD is truely a pathetic loser. Words can not describe how pissed I am. Looks like the MSU Basketball Boycott continues for another year. Maybe we can get our avg. attendance down to 3,000 next season.


Didn't your AD literally say they didn't care if attendance is down?

Edit: it is MSU's president
http://www.ozarkssportszone.com/2017/03/04/126599/

“I encourage them to hang with us,” Smart added, “but if they want to drop out for a year and come back when we’re winning and heading to the NCAA Tournament, we’ll be happy to welcome them back.”
LandStander
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On
 
Posts: 4
Joined: July 9th, 2013, 1:38 pm

Re: It's Semi Saturday

Postby BearUp11 » March 4th, 2017, 11:31 pm

LandStander wrote:
BearUp11 wrote:
bleach wrote:He is back.

Our AD is truely a pathetic loser. Words can not describe how pissed I am. Looks like the MSU Basketball Boycott continues for another year. Maybe we can get our avg. attendance down to 3,000 next season.


Didn't your AD literally say they didn't care if attendance is down?

Edit: it is MSU's president
http://www.ozarkssportszone.com/2017/03/04/126599/

“I encourage them to hang with us,” Smart added, “but if they want to drop out for a year and come back when we’re winning and heading to the NCAA Tournament, we’ll be happy to welcome them back.”

I couldn't believe he said that. I miss the days when we would sellout JQH, when games mattered. Now it's just disappointment after disappointment. Imagine if your president said he doesn't care about his school's fan base.
Everyday is a great day to BearUp!
BearUp11
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On
 
Posts: 5
Joined: February 24th, 2017, 6:51 pm

Re: It's Semi Saturday

Postby LandStander » March 4th, 2017, 11:50 pm

[/quote]
I couldn't believe he said that. I miss the days when we would sellout JQH, when games mattered. Now it's just disappointment after disappointment. Imagine if your president said he doesn't care about his school's fan base.[/quote]

I couldn't even imagine. That's why I brought it up. I saw it mentioned on shockernet and had to look it up myself, couldn't believe it.
LandStander
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On
 
Posts: 4
Joined: July 9th, 2013, 1:38 pm

Re: It's Semi Saturday

Postby MissouriValleyUnite » March 4th, 2017, 11:56 pm

Holy crap, the president ACTUALLY said that? I also read it on SN but genuinely thought it was a joke.
MissouriValleyUnite
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 172
Joined: February 10th, 2014, 9:59 am

Re: It's Semi Saturday

Postby TheObserver » March 5th, 2017, 12:09 am

ISUSOX13 wrote:
mvcfan wrote:An interesting tidbit. I want to say that while I didn't yell or be loud st all tonight, I wanted ISUR to win because I thought it right that two 17-1 teams meet in the Championship game when the next place team is 9-9. However, I saw most of the ISUR side of the arena cheering for MSU. I don't know if that was because ISU cabs are scared to play us or if it was because they hate us. Either way, see you tomorrow.


Funny. Was seeing the same thing from the yellow and black clad Shockers fans yesterday.

Don't be a hypocrite.


That's because WSU doesn't need Illinois State to make the NCAA's. Illinois State needs 21st-ranked, perennial power WSU in order to beef up a resume that has bad losses and a program that lacks relevance and pedigree.

I'm not surprised though that Redbird fans would be ignorant to these factors. It also doesn't surprise me to see people root against the big boy.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 297
Joined: January 19th, 2017, 8:34 pm

Re: It's Semi Saturday

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 5th, 2017, 2:17 am

TheObserver wrote:
ISUSOX13 wrote:
mvcfan wrote:An interesting tidbit. I want to say that while I didn't yell or be loud st all tonight, I wanted ISUR to win because I thought it right that two 17-1 teams meet in the Championship game when the next place team is 9-9. However, I saw most of the ISUR side of the arena cheering for MSU. I don't know if that was because ISU cabs are scared to play us or if it was because they hate us. Either way, see you tomorrow.


Funny. Was seeing the same thing from the yellow and black clad Shockers fans yesterday.

Don't be a hypocrite.


That's because WSU doesn't need Illinois State to make the NCAA's. Illinois State needs 21st-ranked, perennial power WSU in order to beef up a resume that has bad losses and a program that lacks relevance and pedigree.

I'm not surprised though that Redbird fans would be ignorant to these factors. It also doesn't surprise me to see people root against the big boy.


Your fans were openly cheering against ISUr...well until it was a 30 point game. You are not here...
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 1099
Joined: February 28th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Re: It's Semi Saturday

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 5th, 2017, 2:26 am

Fever, you can keep ripping on the Birds all you want on Shockernet, but we are one of your best wins of the year..without McIntosh.

Rather than hate, watch Muller's genuine Coach of the Year speech. It was a great speech, but it doesn't fit your agenda towards Redbird hate...per Shockernet.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 1099
Joined: February 28th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Re: It's Semi Saturday

Postby mvcfan » March 5th, 2017, 8:42 am

ISUSOX13 wrote:
mvcfan wrote:An interesting tidbit. I want to say that while I didn't yell or be loud st all tonight, I wanted ISUR to win because I thought it right that two 17-1 teams meet in the Championship game when the next place team is 9-9. However, I saw most of the ISUR side of the arena cheering for MSU. I don't know if that was because ISU cabs are scared to play us or if it was because they hate us. Either way, see you tomorrow.


Funny. Was seeing the same thing from the yellow and black clad Shockers fans yesterday.

Don't be a hypocrite.


I you're such a liar. I sat around a lot of Shocker and Bird fans and there was no noise in our section from either group. But there was a lot more noise than 20 bear fans can make and there were ISU fans standing up across from me and cheering. We've been here before and expect it from you. I really didn't care who we played but as I said before, I thought it fair that we meet. I actually met a couple from Normal who were friendly. Then I met a couple who when I told them I hoped we would play, they were openly disrespectful and hoped we would lose. Maybe that was you and your wife.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 611
Joined: July 31st, 2012, 10:57 pm

Re: It's Semi Saturday

Postby glm38 » March 5th, 2017, 9:09 am

LandStander wrote:
BearUp11 wrote:
bleach wrote:He is back.

Our AD is truely a pathetic loser. Words can not describe how pissed I am. Looks like the MSU Basketball Boycott continues for another year. Maybe we can get our avg. attendance down to 3,000 next season.


Didn't your AD literally say they didn't care if attendance is down?

Edit: it is MSU's president
http://www.ozarkssportszone.com/2017/03/04/126599/

“I encourage them to hang with us,” Smart added, “but if they want to drop out for a year and come back when we’re winning and heading to the NCAA Tournament, we’ll be happy to welcome them back.”


What a horrendous decision. Supposedly the money had been raised from boosters to fund the buyout so that wasn't the issue.

The problem is we have an AD and president that don't understand basketball. It's particularly unfortunate because the rest of MSU's endeavors are going well. Enrollment is up, campus improvements, etc.

At least we have baseball.9-1 on the year with 2 preseason all Americans.
User avatar
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 2236
Joined: July 3rd, 2011, 2:00 pm
Location: Springfield, MO

Re: It's Semi Saturday

Postby SHOX1MVC » March 5th, 2017, 9:28 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:Fever, you can keep ripping on the Birds all you want on Shockernet, but we are one of your best wins of the year..without McIntosh.

Rather than hate, watch Muller's genuine Coach of the Year speech. It was a great speech, but it doesn't fit your agenda towards Redbird hate...per Shockernet.


I don't hate the birds and I have no problem with Dan winning COY, but your coy "...without McIntosh" is a joke. A 41 point beat down and you think MM would have been the difference... :Bam:
SHOX1MVC
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On
 
Posts: 7
Joined: February 18th, 2017, 9:24 am

Re: It's Semi Saturday

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 5th, 2017, 10:14 am

SHOX1MVC wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:Fever, you can keep ripping on the Birds all you want on Shockernet, but we are one of your best wins of the year..without McIntosh.

Rather than hate, watch Muller's genuine Coach of the Year speech. It was a great speech, but it doesn't fit your agenda towards Redbird hate...per Shockernet.


I don't hate the birds and I have no problem with Dan winning COY, but your coy "...without McIntosh" is a joke. A 41 point beat down and you think MM would have been the difference... :Bam:


I agree we still lose that game, just not by 41...but your defensive game plan MUST change with McIntosh in the lineup and will today.

Good luck today. Regardless of winner, both teams should play in the NCAAs
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 1099
Joined: February 28th, 2014, 12:51 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests