Championship Sunday

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Championship Sunday

Postby TheObserver » March 5th, 2017, 6:26 pm

Bradleyfan1 wrote:BYE!!!!! Need help packing?

Yes, you can be the good little doormen of the conference like you already are.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TheObserver » March 5th, 2017, 6:27 pm

Bradleyfan1 wrote:
Snaggletooth wrote:Wow ISUR are such a classy team.... LOL

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GSMNWJk4OAs

Talk about class.

You're a trash play-in fan. Enjoy the offseason.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Bradleyfan1 » March 5th, 2017, 6:34 pm

I'd Take UIC right now!
Bradleyfan1
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Bradleyfan1 » March 5th, 2017, 6:36 pm

ISUSOX13 wrote:To those taking shots at ISU.

Remember, this is a program that hasn't been to the NCAA Tournament in 19 years, one that dedicated this run to SEVEN men who died tragically in a plane crash, including an assistant coach who was like a father to the two players who got dinged with technical fouls. If you can't understand the frustration, then you probably need a reality check.

When you deal with that kind of adversity and likely see the end of your dream come true, frustration will happen. Part of life. Just wondering if some of you have any clue. Have some perspective, like your coaching staff who handled today with pure class.

Amen! The Birds deserve a bid! NIT or NCAA go get em Birds.
Bradleyfan1
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 9628 » March 5th, 2017, 6:51 pm

If the Valley is going to be mostly a one-bid conference and if WSU is almost always going to get the bid, shouldn't the rest of the Valley wish WSU best of luck and hope for them to leave so the rest of us would at least have a NCAA chance. I love the fact that WSU has aspirations beyond the MVC. Just feel bad that the rest of us don't or more likely can't.
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby DUShock » March 5th, 2017, 7:15 pm

An interesting read.

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/20170304/w ... rge-of-ugh

Go Valley!

Go Shocks!!
DUShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » March 5th, 2017, 7:38 pm

I just want to say that I decidedly do not think Muller is classless, nor do I feel that way about McIntosh. While the Redbirds and Shocker coaching staffs have had cold moments in the past, I wouldn't put that on Muller, other than...he is ultimately responsible for the team. It's easy to point out that several "incidents" have occurred under his watch without public/meaningful punishment, but I have always viewed his public demeanor as one of character. A little work needs to be done to keep his kids in check, but otherwise he's okay.

McIntosh exited poorly. Still all the respect for him. Brown had a bad foul yesterday. He shouldn't have gone there, but...it's great to see some of these young and talented kids want to compete! More players in this conference need to stand up and say that they are tired of losing! I hope his attitude is focused in a more sportsmanlike way.

Not a Hawkins fan.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » March 5th, 2017, 9:34 pm

Remember, this is a program that hasn't been to the NCAA Tournament in 19 years, one that dedicated this run to SEVEN men who died tragically in a plane crash, including an assistant coach who was like a father to the two players who got dinged with technical fouls. If you can't understand the frustration, then you probably need a reality check.

When you deal with that kind of adversity and likely see the end of your dream come true, frustration will happen. Part of life. Just wondering if some of you have any clue. Have some perspective, like your coaching staff who handled today with pure class.

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby acesfool » March 5th, 2017, 9:50 pm

Bradleyfan1 wrote:

I believe the Birds are an automatic NIT qualifier.
acesfool
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby mvcfan » March 5th, 2017, 9:55 pm

acesfool wrote:
Bradleyfan1 wrote:

I believe the Birds are an automatic NIT qualifier.

I don't think that is true. Not all conferences have 2nd place finishers that qualify. The NIT just invites the programs that are deserving that weren't invited to the NCAA Tournament. There is no doubt that the Redbirds are deserving of either an NCAA or NIT bid. We will not receive any other bids to the NIT.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball