UNI at Iowa

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: UNI at Iowa

Postby DoubleJayAlum » December 7th, 2010, 9:19 pm

39 points? UNI just made the Thug-ball SIU teams look like Loyola Marymount or UNLV of the 1980s.

I thought Creighton had problems scoring. That game was as ugly as the CU-Nebraska game.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby WSUbballer » December 7th, 2010, 9:32 pm

Why does UNI just throw up 3's, even when they aren't going in? Last year they got away with it thanks to a good inside presence. This year, it's not gonna work.

UNI played well enough on defense to get a W. 39 points won't beat anybody however.
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby strike00 » December 7th, 2010, 9:44 pm

I agree UNI would have lost to anybody and everybody tonight, if they played a good team it would have been by alot more. The D was fine, but the offense it brutal. For the season UNI is shooting just under 26% from three. Whats worse? UNI is shooting over 24 threes per game. This is exactly how they started the season two years ago with the exact same complaints. UNI has alot of things to figure out if it's going to result in the same kind of finish.
strike00
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby valleychamp » December 7th, 2010, 10:08 pm

WSUbballer wrote:Why does UNI just throw up 3's, even when they aren't going in? Last year they got away with it thanks to a good inside presence. This year, it's not gonna work.

UNI played well enough on defense to get a W. 39 points won't beat anybody however.

You answered your own question. No inside threat.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheShock » December 7th, 2010, 10:13 pm

bigdawg wrote:Seriously, what the he'll is the Valley's problem this year?

:Bam:
TheShock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MSUDuo » December 7th, 2010, 10:27 pm

Missouri State and WSU have got to take control if the Valley wants any chance at an at-large bid. Problem is, I don't think MSU is all that much better than UNI or CU. Hopefully our poor stretch was just a matter of travel and short rest
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby unipanther99 » December 8th, 2010, 8:40 am

I haven't looked at the stats (can't bring myself to do it), but it seemed like UNI didn't get to the free-throw line nearly as much as we have been doing lately.

It wasn't a "blow-out," UNI was in the game until the last few minutes. Can't fault the defense, it was another outstanding performance. But nothing seemed to happen on offense for UNI.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Khan4Cats » December 8th, 2010, 11:42 am

unipanther99 wrote:I haven't looked at the stats (can't bring myself to do it), but it seemed like UNI didn't get to the free-throw line nearly as much as we have been doing lately.

It wasn't a "blow-out," UNI was in the game until the last few minutes. Can't fault the defense, it was another outstanding performance. But nothing seemed to happen on offense for UNI.

I agree, it wasn't a blow out at all. The two teams combined for 11 points in the last 8 minutes of the game (Iowa 8-3).

Iowa was far more the aggressor and the game was called fairly loosely. UNI only got to the line 8 times for the game compared to 23 for Iowa (and only made 3). They had good looks but were shooting from a step or step and a half farther back than they usually do from the arc. Rebounding was actually fairly close, considering we missed 40 shots.

In general it was the aggression. UNI looked a step slow and just "off". It was their 3rd game in 7 days, which included a flight to Texas for a very physical game with TCU sandwiched by the two in-state BcS schools. Getting Dunham back would be nice as our starters were again all over 30 minutes.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » December 8th, 2010, 2:54 pm

But, but, but MVCfans said, "No problem."
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » December 8th, 2010, 2:58 pm

MVCfans wrote:slow start.. no problem. UNI will get this one.

Ricardo del Rio wrote:But, but, but MVCfans said, "No problem."

Techincally, the slow start wasn't the problem for UNI last night. I didn't anticipate a significantly worse second half though. Less than a point per minute isn't going to win many games.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball