Congrats, Shockers

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Congrats, Shockers

Postby WSpringsBird » March 5th, 2017, 3:23 pm

That was really impressive. Now go win a few games in the NCAA tourney.
WSpringsBird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Congrats, Shockers

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Congrats, Shockers

Postby DUShock » March 5th, 2017, 3:29 pm

Thank you, hopefully the Redbirds get a dance card as well.

Go Valley!

Go Shocks!!
DUShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Pickwick68 » March 5th, 2017, 3:34 pm

What a game. The Shockers are absolutely on fire. Congratulations to Illinois State for a good year. Wish them the best at selection time. Hoped they would play a little better to help them with an at large.
Pickwick68
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby Redhawk » March 5th, 2017, 3:36 pm

There is no doubt that the Shockers are the better team. They played great today.
Good luck in the tourney!

Disappointed in ISUr's effort and lack on composure today. Might have cost them an at large chance.
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Play Angry » March 5th, 2017, 4:50 pm

DUShock wrote:Thank you, hopefully the Redbirds get a dance card as well.

Go Valley!

Go Shocks!!

:+1:
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ISUSOX13 » March 5th, 2017, 5:05 pm

Tip of the cap to the Shockers.

With the exception of Lee, nobody played well, and that's a credit to Marshall and his players.
Wichita is so damn good and certainly has a chance to do some damage next week.

Must say, it was nice to have that feeling of being in a meaningful game. Some day, ISUr will find a way to win one of these again.

Good luck and enjoy to all the WSU fans.
ISUSOX13
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Singeril » March 5th, 2017, 5:13 pm

CONGRATS SHOCKERS. Not bad for a "rebuilding year" and after losing two NBA guards. Thirty wins again. That's a program. It was a great year for the Redbirds as well. The two teams were the class of the Valley all season and it was right that these two met today. However, I can't say that the game brought much to the Valley's national reputation (not that the reputation is glowing at this time in the first place). If I wasn't so "invested" in the game, I probably would have turned it off early. That second half was brutal to watch with all the fouls and no flow whatsoever.

Scary how good the Shockers should be next year as well. First, however, I hope they win a few (or many more) in the tournament this year. They have the potential. And they are just getting better and better.

And I hope that ISU can get a bid to the big dance. Paris Lee is an outstanding point guard. Truly. But he just had no help today. And, unfortunately, the way the ISU players lost their composure and gained the technicals is not going to help them on selection Sunday...I hate the term "eye test" as much as anyone...but this display made the eye test a bit uncomfortable. If they are on the bubble, the last 6 minutes of the game might have popped it for the Birds.

Most of all, congratulations Shockers and Coach Marshall for another great season. Keep on Shockin'.
Singeril
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Cdizzle » March 5th, 2017, 5:33 pm

Singeril wrote:However, I can't say that the game brought much to the Valley's national reputation (not that the reputation is glowing at this time in the first place). If I wasn't so "invested" in the game, I probably would have turned it off early. That second half was brutal to watch with all the fouls and no flow whatsoever.

I agree. Weird game. Sometimes tournament games are like that, after all people are tired and these teams know each other. Add in 2 great, physical defenses and an officiating crew that generally likes to run up the foul totals, and it made for some fairly ugly basketball. And I say that as a fan of the team that was happy with the result.

It certainly wasn't some great game won on a buzzer-beater that left anyone wanting to see more of the loser of the game.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby hot nuts » March 5th, 2017, 6:38 pm

Hard fought game...emotions got out of hand but the Shockers really put an explanation point on another great season. I really hate seeing all the name calling and some of the other threads, I'm glad to see this one is for grown-ups.
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » March 5th, 2017, 6:46 pm

:Cheers: Congrats to the Shockers :Cheers:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer