Marshall

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Marshall

Postby mvcfan » March 7th, 2017, 7:30 am

So Crean's buyout is 4 Million. What is he getting paid?
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ACECARD » March 7th, 2017, 11:26 am

mvcfan wrote:So Crean's buyout is 4 Million. What is he getting paid?

Crean's base salary is 3.16 million per year for the rest of this decade, plus performance bonuses that could add another $55,000 per year. I could live on that.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » March 7th, 2017, 12:02 pm

mvcfan wrote:So Crean's buyout is 4 Million. What is he getting paid?

Slightly less than Narshall.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 7th, 2017, 12:18 pm

Every year with this topic. WTF.

Are there any founded talk about IU firing Crean and Marshall being a candidate or is this just a current pipe dream from non-WSU fans? Honest question.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheObserver » March 7th, 2017, 12:30 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:Every year with this topic. WTF.

Are there any founded talk about IU firing Crean and Marshall being a candidate or is this just a current pipe dream from non-WSU fans? Honest question.

Consider the author of the thread.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 7th, 2017, 12:35 pm

TheObserver wrote:

Consider the author of the thread.

How did it get 4 pages in?

If anything the focus should be on the Missouri job, and specifically, for both Marshall AND Muller. Given, you know, that job has an opening right now!

http://www.foxsports.com/college-basket ... mar-030517
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » March 7th, 2017, 12:35 pm

Not even a pipe dream - they are just trying to stir the pot because they have nothing else. The author is know as a liar who word is a good as the paper in EU bathrooms.

From the talk who actually have a clue - Indiana target would be Dayton coach. But the reality is that Indiana just doesn't want (or doesn't have) to spend the money to buy out Crean regardless.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UEACES80 » March 7th, 2017, 4:43 pm

I would think Aces82 likely knows what he is posting since many Aces fans are also IU fans or loathe IU but either way they still follow them rather closely.

Crean is rumored to be looking for a soft landing such as Mizzou (though I think Cuonzo Martin is more likely at Mizzou) - IU can be quite a grinder on coaches. For that reason Marshall may not consider - he has it rolling in Wichita and is paid a handsome amount so why take on the stress of IU. Here is why - whether you want to believe or not it is more likely IU wins a National Title before WSU.

Archie Miller next job is likely NC State or Ohio State (though I think Chris Jent gets the nod if Matta steps down due to health issues).

Is EU anything like the Univ of Wichita or UW?
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » March 7th, 2017, 6:08 pm

UEACES80 wrote:I would think Aces82 likely knows what he is posting since many Aces fans are also IU fans or loathe IU but either way they still follow them rather closely.

Crean is rumored to be looking for a soft landing such as Mizzou (though I think Cuonzo Martin is more likely at Mizzou) - IU can be quite a grinder on coaches. For that reason Marshall may not consider - he has it rolling in Wichita and is paid a handsome amount so why take on the stress of IU. Here is why - whether you want to believe or not it is more likely IU wins a National Title before WSU.

Archie Miller next job is likely NC State or Ohio State (though I think Chris Jent gets the nod if Matta steps down due to health issues).

Is EU anything like the Univ of Wichita or UW?

They're very similar except UW has a good basketball coach.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UEACES80 » March 7th, 2017, 6:52 pm

So a difference might be that UE fans know that it is Wichita State University or WSU but several Shocker fans continue to post EU. This has nothing to do with the basketball programs rather just a common courtesy to post the shortened school name correctly.

My guess it is an attempt to simply be rude or just be smarta##. If it is either of these it only slightly irritates UE fans but show a lack of class of the WSU fans part.
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball