Aces44
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Re: Marshall

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Charles_Martel » March 8th, 2017, 6:50 am

This has nothing to do with Marshall staying or leaving but it might make you feel differently about him.

https://m.facebook.com/william.polite/p ... 1798923579
Charles_Martel
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby UEACES80 » March 8th, 2017, 10:20 am

Well Snaggletooth - we will just have to disagree about IU winning a National Championship before Wichita.

And about Archie Miller settling for NC State - I believe it is a P5 job and in the best conference in most people's eyes plus he is an alum and former player for the Wolfpack. I think there are factors that point to the fact he would strongly consider NCSU. If Crean leaves IU they likely will also court Archie and if so he might jump on the IU job. Which is still likely a top 15 job in hoops.
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Cdizzle » March 8th, 2017, 10:50 am

I wasn't feeling that great about WSUs national championship chances before today.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheObserver » March 8th, 2017, 11:01 am

When was the last time IU made a Final Four? Early 2000's? Unless that was vacated?
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Aces1982 » March 8th, 2017, 11:38 am

TheObserver wrote:When was the last time IU made a Final Four? Early 2000's? Unless that was vacated?

How dumb is that? Let me play that game, when was the last time Wichita won the National Championship? That was what was being talked about, National Championships not Final Four's.

Are you seriously going to try to compare Wichita to IU????

Are you that stupid??
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheObserver » March 8th, 2017, 11:43 am

Aces1982 wrote:
TheObserver wrote:When was the last time IU made a Final Four? Early 2000's? Unless that was vacated?

How dumb is that? Let me play that game, when was the last time Wichita won the National Championship? That was what was being talked about, National Championships not Final Four's.

Are you that stupid??

I can't day da post i du no how i 6can cumpair to v aces19772 poster. He smazrt
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Cdizzle » March 8th, 2017, 11:44 am

Figured out the Evansville problem. Nobody cares they suck because they are actually Indiana fans.

Classic.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » March 8th, 2017, 11:44 am

Aces1982 wrote:

Are you that stupid??

Without looking up the results, I would guess WSU compares favorably to IU since Knight left. That doesn't make the WSU job better than the IU job.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » March 8th, 2017, 11:48 am

Wichita's roster is stacked. No matter what it's going to be really hard for them to win a national title though. It's hard for any team to do it, and they came really close a few years back but so much goes into that, it's a perfect storm, one out of 351. I'd love to see them do it while in the valley, that'd be pretty awesome but i definitely think they need to be out of the conference (and in a top 6 conference) before it can happen. Just so they can prove they're battle tested for a full season.

I find a lot of conflicting opinions regarding what Marshall would want "why stay when we're so much better than the rest of the conference? They're dragging us down!" (I actually agree, but i think a lot of that has to do with available resources + obviously Marshall. WSU doesn't have an MVC budget, it has double that based on numbers i could find. For LU's part I know there were plans to invest heavily until state funding fell through and the university chose to honor MAP grants that would have been taken away from students otherwise)

But then there is a counterpoint from other fans of "I don't know if Greg want's the pressure and competition of those big conference jobs, why leave a good thing?" It's interesting. I guess best case scenario for both parties is the AAC. I really don't think Marshall ever leaves, especially if he plans on retiring relatively soon (I kind of doubt it but what do i know). If i'm Indiana though, i'd propose a mega-deal for him and only him first; he's a damn good coach.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball