Marshall

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Marshall

Postby tribecalledquest » March 23rd, 2017, 1:09 pm

WSpringsBird wrote:
glm38 wrote:I don't understand the fascination with Lynn Marshall on both sides of this issue? She's a coaches wife. Period. She doesn't draw a paycheck from WSU therefore she's not a representative of the university. If she acted in an embarrassing manner (as many fans do) then that's between her and her husband.


Same. I literally do not get the fascination with her. And the Kentucky fans ripping on her because she's from allegedly backward Wichita? I really don't get that. As Mark Twain said, "When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years later than it happens anywhere else."


The actual quote is he wants to be in Cincinnati but close enough :)
tribecalledquest
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 937
Joined: August 4th, 2010, 10:57 am

Re: Marshall

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: Marshall

Postby WSpringsBird » March 23rd, 2017, 8:17 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
WSpringsBird wrote:
glm38 wrote:I don't understand the fascination with Lynn Marshall on both sides of this issue? She's a coaches wife. Period. She doesn't draw a paycheck from WSU therefore she's not a representative of the university. If she acted in an embarrassing manner (as many fans do) then that's between her and her husband.


Same. I literally do not get the fascination with her. And the Kentucky fans ripping on her because she's from allegedly backward Wichita? I really don't get that. As Mark Twain said, "When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years later than it happens anywhere else."


The actual quote is he wants to be in Cincinnati but close enough :)


Sadly, he may not have said the quote at all. I had no idea!

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/ne ... /97654342/
WSpringsBird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 114
Joined: May 16th, 2013, 2:21 pm

Re: Marshall

Postby AndShock » March 25th, 2017, 12:11 pm

Bump
AndShock
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 847
Joined: August 9th, 2010, 7:28 pm

Re: Marshall

Postby sixth ace » March 25th, 2017, 2:37 pm

Archie Miller hired @ IU

:Cheers:
Aces basketball, coming to an arena near you

Our Town... Our Team...Different ATTITUDE
User avatar
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 1086
Joined: August 5th, 2010, 7:53 pm

Re: Marshall

Postby Wufan » March 25th, 2017, 4:39 pm

Looks like Lynn saved her husband a few hundred thousand dollars a year by ruining his chance at Indiana.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 4105
Joined: October 19th, 2010, 8:14 pm

Re: Marshall

Postby acepurple84 » March 25th, 2017, 5:06 pm

sixth ace wrote:Archie Miller hired @ IU

:Cheers:

I had forgot about him in all the discussion. Wonder if Crean would like to take on a challenge. Of course it might have to be "Pro Bono"
acepurple84
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 110
Joined: August 8th, 2010, 4:10 pm

Re: Marshall

Postby Stickboy46 » March 25th, 2017, 5:18 pm

Wufan wrote:Looks like Lynn saved her husband a few hundred thousand dollars a year by ruining his chance at Indiana.

I know! Poor guy was literally on his knees outside Fred Glass's door begging to get the job.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 662
Joined: April 21st, 2015, 9:24 am

Re: Marshall

Postby Aces1982 » March 25th, 2017, 7:36 pm

Aces1982 wrote:Names that have been thrown around:

Archie Miller
Marshall
Alford
Billy Donovan
Tony Bennett



2nd post in this thread.

Marshall will probably stay at Wichita till UK, UNC and Duke opens up. He very well could finish out at Wichita now.
Aces1982
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 834
Joined: August 12th, 2010, 2:31 pm

Re: Marshall

Postby Old School MVC » March 25th, 2017, 7:46 pm

Wufan wrote:Looks like Lynn saved her husband a few hundred thousand dollars a year by ruining his chance at Indiana.

:Cheers:
Old School MVC
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 80
Joined: October 3rd, 2016, 6:19 pm

Re: Marshall

Postby BCPanther » March 25th, 2017, 7:51 pm

I've heard he absolutely covets the Louisville job. That seems like a really good fit and you figure Pitino is gone in 2-4 years...
BCPanther
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 786
Joined: August 8th, 2010, 9:10 am

Re: Marshall

Postby Wufan » March 25th, 2017, 7:57 pm

BCPanther wrote:I've heard he absolutely covets the Louisville job...


I don't believe (no knowledge) that this is true. Many Shocker fans believe that he would be an excellent fit and believe that Louisville would be interested and have the cash to make it happen. Louisville is probably the only school out there that fits all three of those criteria and Marshall will always listen.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 4105
Joined: October 19th, 2010, 8:14 pm

Re: Marshall

Postby SHOX1MVC » March 25th, 2017, 10:35 pm

Aces1982 wrote:
Aces1982 wrote:Names that have been thrown around:

Archie Miller
Marshall
Alford
Billy Donovan
Tony Bennett



2nd post in this thread.

Marshall will probably stay at Wichita till UK, UNC and Duke opens up. He very well could finish out at Wichita now.


No way UNC or Duke goes outside the family.
SHOX1MVC
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On
 
Posts: 7
Joined: February 18th, 2017, 9:24 am

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests