Bubble watch

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Bubble watch

Postby TheAsianSensation » March 9th, 2017, 1:05 am

Also, it's really funny to see Wichita's seed on the Matrix. Widest range I've ever seen any team have in Matrix history. Every number from 5 to 11 is on there. And frankly, no one's wrong. You can put them anywhere and have a rational defense for it.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby municup14 » March 9th, 2017, 5:36 am

There has been a lot of smack talk on all the post.My team is
Better than yours,your team sucks and so forth.But what it all
Means in the end is we should all wish the best and root for all
The other Valley teams to be successful in the postseason. :dance: :dance:
municup14
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby LanceShock » March 9th, 2017, 7:56 am

Saw an article on fivethirtyeight.com talking about their ESPN's new Strength of Record stat (fyi ESPN owns fivethirtyeight.com). According to them, it predicts the teams that will make the tournament 90% of the time. Currently, the statistical model they are using (that includes other factors but is largely based on SOR) has Illinois State at an 85.7% of making it into the tournament. It will be interesting to see how accurate that model is.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/on-the-ncaa-bubble-heres-the-number-to-watch/
LanceShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Stickboy46 » March 9th, 2017, 8:49 am

TheObserver wrote:I just saw this somewhere. Syracuse has never won an ACC Tournament game in their existence. Ever. That's an amazing statistic.

That's interesting, I had to look it up, its true. Though They have only played in 3 ACC Tourneys. 2014, 2016 and this year. They weren't in the ACC before 2014 and were banned from postseason play in 2015
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » March 9th, 2017, 8:51 am

TheAsianSensation wrote:Also, it's really funny to see Wichita's seed on the Matrix. Widest range I've ever seen any team have in Matrix history. Every number from 5 to 11 is on there. And frankly, no one's wrong. You can put them anywhere and have a rational defense for it.

There is actually a 3 seed from Massey ha!
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » March 9th, 2017, 6:17 pm

TCU beat ISU by 9 at home earlier and KU by 3 today. Does TCUs win help or hurt ISU?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » March 9th, 2017, 6:45 pm

Wufan wrote:TCU beat ISU by 9 at home earlier and KU by 3 today. Does TCUs win help or hurt ISU?

It helps their computer numbers for sure.

If they would beat Iowa State tomorrow, it actually probably hurts because then TCU has a shot to get in themselves...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheAsianSensation » March 9th, 2017, 6:59 pm

TCU helps until they hurt. Then again, I'm not sure they can get there even by beating Iowa St.

Neutral day for ISU so far. Illinois has been taken out, but Cal lurks. We're also about to get rid of Iowa.

K-State today and URI (starting tomorrow) are about to become the pivot points on this bubble.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Cdizzle » March 9th, 2017, 8:47 pm

Speaking of TCU over KU helping computer numbers...

WSU now up to #9 in KenPom. Baylor probably the only team with a chance to pass WSU at this point, prior to the selection show.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheObserver » March 9th, 2017, 10:41 pm

I think it's hilarious how retire12 thinks he's on the selection committee over on the Redbird board.

Redbird fans: "K-State won; we're screwed"

Retire12: "Relax, I have K-State above us anyways"

Hahaha, well I'm glad you had them above Illinois State, champ. Doesn't mean crap. Also, I've never seen a guy say "relax" as many times as he has in the past week.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball