NCAA Tourney - Wichita St vs Dayton, Friday 6:10 pm

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

NCAA Tourney - Wichita St vs Dayton, Friday 6:10 pm

Postby MVCfans » March 15th, 2017, 4:52 pm

Wichita State (10) vs Dayton (7)

Indianapolis, Ind.
WSU -6

Despite the mismatched NCAA seeds, Shockers are a heavy favorite in Vegas. A Wichita State victory sets up a likely NCAA rematch against Kentucky.
User avatar
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com
 
Posts: 3556
Joined: August 3rd, 2010, 9:09 pm

NCAA Tourney - Wichita St vs Dayton, Friday 6:10 pm

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: NCAA Tourney - Wichita St vs Dayton, Friday 6:10 pm

Postby Redhawk » March 16th, 2017, 6:35 am

Good luck Shockers. Play Angry!
Redhawk
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 377
Joined: November 13th, 2015, 7:41 am

Re: NCAA Tourney - Wichita St vs Dayton, Friday 6:10 pm

Postby Majik45 » March 16th, 2017, 8:29 am

In case Shocker fans did not know, there is a familiar face on Dayton you will recognize. Former Bradley player and All MVC Freshman team member Josh Cunningham is back playing for Dayton. He sat out last year, and then was hurt in Dayton's 2nd game of the year on a break away dunk with less than 10 seconds left in a game. Some thought he would try to get a medical redshirt, but he came back and has eased into the rotation in the last 8 games Dayton has played. From video I've seen, he looks like he spent a lot of his transfer year in the weight room.

Still wish Wardle would have been able to convince him to stay.
Majik45
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 142
Joined: March 2nd, 2011, 4:07 pm

Re: NCAA Tourney - Wichita St vs Dayton, Friday 6:10 pm

Postby BuBrave2006 » March 16th, 2017, 8:54 am

Majik45 wrote:In case Shocker fans did not know, there is a familiar face on Dayton you will recognize. Former Bradley player and All MVC Freshman team member Josh Cunningham is back playing for Dayton. He sat out last year, and then was hurt in Dayton's 2nd game of the year on a break away dunk with less than 10 seconds left in a game. Some thought he would try to get a medical redshirt, but he came back and has eased into the rotation in the last 8 games Dayton has played. From video I've seen, he looks like he spent a lot of his transfer year in the weight room.

Still wish Wardle would have been able to convince him to stay.


Bradley would have finished third this season if we still had him.
BuBrave2006
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 180
Joined: February 9th, 2015, 2:52 pm

Re: NCAA Tourney - Wichita St vs Dayton, Friday 6:10 pm

Postby glm38 » March 16th, 2017, 11:11 am

Not much respect on the Dayton board for the Shockers. I'll predict a close game for a half but shockers pull away in the 2nd half to a 10 point win.

Go Shockers!
User avatar
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 2253
Joined: July 3rd, 2011, 2:00 pm
Location: Springfield, MO

Re: NCAA Tourney - Wichita St vs Dayton, Friday 6:10 pm

Postby TheObserver » March 16th, 2017, 12:10 pm

BuBrave2006 wrote:
Majik45 wrote:In case Shocker fans did not know, there is a familiar face on Dayton you will recognize. Former Bradley player and All MVC Freshman team member Josh Cunningham is back playing for Dayton. He sat out last year, and then was hurt in Dayton's 2nd game of the year on a break away dunk with less than 10 seconds left in a game. Some thought he would try to get a medical redshirt, but he came back and has eased into the rotation in the last 8 games Dayton has played. From video I've seen, he looks like he spent a lot of his transfer year in the weight room.

Still wish Wardle would have been able to convince him to stay.


Bradley would have finished third this season if we still had him.


Stop.
TheObserver
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 297
Joined: January 19th, 2017, 8:34 pm

Re: NCAA Tourney - Wichita St vs Dayton, Friday 6:10 pm

Postby MoValleyFan » March 17th, 2017, 5:15 pm

I would love to see WSU win by 20 over Dayton but Morris needs to bring his A game.

Lets Go Shockers!
MoValleyFan
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit
 
Posts: 18
Joined: March 5th, 2017, 9:03 pm

Re: NCAA Tourney - Wichita St vs Dayton, Friday 6:10 pm

Postby Horton89 » March 17th, 2017, 5:30 pm

They are in a battle right now. Looks like they haven't played in 2 weeks
Horton89
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On
 
Posts: 8
Joined: February 24th, 2017, 7:33 pm

Re: NCAA Tourney - Wichita St vs Dayton, Friday 6:10 pm

Postby MoValleyFan » March 17th, 2017, 5:43 pm

WSU needs to get into an offensive flow and they keep getting pushed back past the three point line.... already tired of Nantz blah blah blah. Quote of the game so far ... 'mid majors are more competitive this year"

&^%$ you .... not a fan of the refs ... so far
MoValleyFan
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit
 
Posts: 18
Joined: March 5th, 2017, 9:03 pm

Re: NCAA Tourney - Wichita St vs Dayton, Friday 6:10 pm

Postby Stickboy46 » March 17th, 2017, 5:56 pm

MoValleyFan wrote:WSU needs to get into an offensive flow and they keep getting pushed back past the three point line.... already tired of Nantz blah blah blah. Quote of the game so far ... 'mid majors are more competitive this year"

&^%$ you .... not a fan of the refs ... so far

I thought the emphasis was cleaning up the play. Definitely letting everything go here
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 662
Joined: April 21st, 2015, 9:24 am

Re: NCAA Tourney - Wichita St vs Dayton, Friday 6:10 pm

Postby MoValleyFan » March 17th, 2017, 6:08 pm

Stickboy46 wrote:
MoValleyFan wrote:WSU needs to get into an offensive flow and they keep getting pushed back past the three point line.... already tired of Nantz blah blah blah. Quote of the game so far ... 'mid majors are more competitive this year"

&^%$ you .... not a fan of the refs ... so far

I thought the emphasis was cleaning up the play. Definitely letting everything go here


I haven't seen this much hand checking since my high school prom :Yea!:

and btw how many times is Schooochi (whatever) carrying the ball.....
MoValleyFan
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit
 
Posts: 18
Joined: March 5th, 2017, 9:03 pm

Re: NCAA Tourney - Wichita St vs Dayton, Friday 6:10 pm

Postby Horton89 » March 17th, 2017, 6:10 pm

Almost every guard carries the ball. They don't call it on anyone
Horton89
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On
 
Posts: 8
Joined: February 24th, 2017, 7:33 pm

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BirdistheWord and 8 guests


cron