Sounds like Wichita St to the AAC... Who gets an Invite?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Sounds like Wichita St to the AAC... Who gets an Invite?

Postby BCPanther » April 24th, 2017, 7:00 pm

TheAsianSensation wrote:I think NDSU is the exception to every rule on the profitability of FCS. They're clearly so far ahead of the rest of FCS. That's what makes their situation so unique and difficult.

I think the Mountain West would trade Hawaii for them in a heartbeat football wise, but they don't want a damn thing to do with any of their other sports.

The reverse Wichita if you will...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » April 25th, 2017, 1:43 pm

Lakesbison wrote:
Khan4Cats wrote:
professorbum wrote:I just think its interesting that people think the MVFC is a "good and stable league" without the Dakotas. It ain't.

The Gateway/Missouri Valley Football Conference sent Western Kentucky, Youngstown State, Northern Iowa to the I-AA/FCS Championship games prior to the Dakotas joining and Southern Illinois to the semi-finals as well. We were just fine without them, they have added strength, but its not as though the conference will collapse without them either. Murray State joining adds another program that will benefit more from being in the MVFC than the MVFC necessarily benefits from having them.

wow, thanks for the laugh. NDSU has brought the conference, if not the entire FCS to higher levels than it could even dream!
20+ ESPN games,5 natl titles, 8 FBS wins 2 Espn Gamedays & #2 overall NFL draft pick is INSANE for a fcs school & conference cmon guys we know you are scared of getting NDSU into the MVC basketball just like what we did to MVFC. its ok to admit it.
:huh:

Honestly, you are so delusional it is ridiculous. Nobody would be scared of NDSU doing what they did in football. Everyone would love to have that in the conference. Do you think people are celebrating because Creighton and WSU left? No they wanted good teams in the conference. It makes everyone else in the conference look better. It is why there is so much discussion about this. Could NDSU become a power in sports besides football? Maybe. Would they put more money behind those sports? It is a pretty big gamble for a team that is so far out of the current footprint of the league. I mean sure football from Terre Haute or Springfield to Fargo like once every two years or less even isn't bad. Having to send a men's bball, women's bball, volleyball, et. al. to Fargo every year is a little much for some of these schools. Especially in today's financial climate. To add a school like that would take a slam dunk to know they would add a huge profile to the league which is not the case with NDSU currently.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Lakesbison » April 25th, 2017, 2:34 pm

oh suuure. NDSU charters its basketball team, doesn't UNI or the rest of the MVC?

hey. its cool if you wanna add Omaha, Milwaukee, Loyola easy wins.. not too competitive.

NDSU has #2 ranked 5 year average RPI of entire MVC (89 to Uni's 85 RPI) and only team outside UNI to win an actual NCAA game. but it's cool I guess I've proved my point I can just shut up now knowing that all signs point to me being correct ;)
Lakesbison
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby PantherU » April 25th, 2017, 11:03 pm

Lakesbison wrote:oh suuure. NDSU charters its basketball team, doesn't UNI or the rest of the MVC?

hey. its cool if you wanna add Omaha, Milwaukee, Loyola easy wins.. not too competitive.

NDSU has #2 ranked 5 year average RPI of entire MVC (89 to Uni's 85 RPI) and only team outside UNI to win an actual NCAA game. but it's cool I guess I've proved my point I can just shut up now knowing that all signs point to me being correct ;)

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain that the Dakota schools are all happy with making the Summit League their own.

I tell you what, if the Horizon League loses Valpo, then adds IUPUI and IPFW and like...Denver to get to 12, I'm grabbing UIC and Green Bay and running to the Summit League.
PantherU
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball