Sounds like Wichita St to the AAC... Who gets an Invite?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Sounds like Wichita St to the AAC... Who gets an Invite?

Postby shocktheheart » April 21st, 2017, 12:13 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:My point about proactive was that the league could have catered to whatever WSU requested in an attempt to stave off the inevitable longer; they didn't, and so WSU moved on and the league was able to get about the business of adding new members. Best they could do with the situation given WSU was gonna leave if not immediately, then as soon as an offer they really liked presented itself. Obviously they thought the AAC was good enough, and it is a definite plus move, but still certainly not as advantageous as what Creighton was able to accomplish.

The Valley has always been reactive and not proactive. They have known for two years that WSU was looking to leave and it looks like they still weren't prepared.
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdsEyeView » April 21st, 2017, 12:21 pm

I love that Shocker fans continue their agenda on this board. That is, we care and nobody else does.

No. You hit home runs on hires and have a HUGE HUGE HUGE endowment, specifically coming from two brothers.

If I were in charge of this conference and WSU said they were trying to bring Football in, only with the intent to leverage it for a bigger conference, I would have said F U to them too.

Why cater to a school with a foot out the door already?
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UEACES80 » April 21st, 2017, 12:47 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:I love that Shocker fans continue their agenda on this board. That is, we care and nobody else does.

No. You hit home runs on hires and have a HUGE HUGE HUGE endowment, specifically coming from two brothers.

If I were in charge of this conference and WSU said they were trying to bring Football in, only with the intent to leverage it for a bigger conference, I would have said F U to them too.

Did I just hear a BOOM of a door being closed on Shocker fans by BirdsEyeView? :Cheers:
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby shocktheheart » April 21st, 2017, 12:54 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:I love that Shocker fans continue their agenda on this board. That is, we care and nobody else does.

What is the agenda? WSU came out publicly and said they were looking for an upgrade in athletics and more universities that are like their own (public universities focused in research in bigger cities). That is exactly what they did and the Valley is going on two weeks without an announcement of who or if they even will fill WSU's spot. Get late in the year and probably need something done in the next few weeks to help out scheduling for next year. Why are you guys ready to get rid of posters here so fast?
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » April 21st, 2017, 12:55 pm

BirdsEyeView wrote:No. You hit home runs on hires and have a HUGE HUGE HUGE endowment, specifically coming from two brothers.

You know very, very little about this situation. Like, practically zero. Probably best you quit running it out there.

BirdsEyeView wrote:If I were in charge of this conference and WSU said they were trying to bring Football in, only with the intent to leverage it for a bigger conference, I would have said F U to them too.

Then you would be as inept as the current league leadership. Clearly it is working out well for them. Sometimes, it is best to simply say nothing at all.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Bball Junkie » April 21st, 2017, 12:59 pm

Is there not an American Athletic Conference message board?
Bball Junkie
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby shocktheheart » April 21st, 2017, 1:12 pm

Bball Junkie wrote:Is there not an American Athletic Conference message board?

Yes, we are not in that conference........yet
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » April 21st, 2017, 1:27 pm

shocktheheart wrote:

Basketball seasons is over.

This is the basketball forum.

You're no longer MVC basketball members.

Feel free to use the golf, baseball and track forums. :Cheers:
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocktheheart » April 21st, 2017, 1:34 pm

uniftw wrote:
shocktheheart wrote:

Basketball seasons is over.

This is the basketball forum.

You're no longer MVC basketball members.

Feel free to use the golf, baseball and track forums. :Cheers:

Touche' :D
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Play Angry » April 21st, 2017, 1:35 pm

The size of WSU's endowment (which is middling, FYI, and provides no material support for athletics expenditures - Loyola's dwarfs it, for comparison) has received very little support from Koch until the very, very recent past. Not sure what publication BEV's rumor was drawn from but those fellas were oft criticized for giving nothing more than spare change to the school until the initial commitment to renovate Koch Arean (they chipped in $8 million of the first $10 million raised IIRC, then largely leaned back for the remainder of the fundraising) and until after Marshall was hired and got things rolling. Even now, a small percentage of SASO support comes from Koch Industries/the Koch brothers.

It's not accurate to paint WSU's success as attributable to a couple Daddy Warbucks. Attendance at its nadir during the dark ages of the 90s for the Shockers topped last year's support for Illinois State. That's not a dig at ISUr - it's intended to illustrate the breadth of support for the Shocker program. Tickets (and the right to buy them through mandated SASO donations) have never been cheap on a relative basis, either, even when we sucked hard for a decade.

It's not at all JQH situation where once the ol dude(s) croaks, kiss the financial foundation goodbye. The warchest is diverse.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball