Sounds like Wichita St to the AAC... Who gets an Invite?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Sounds like Wichita St to the AAC... Who gets an Invite?

Postby TheAsianSensation » March 23rd, 2017, 8:00 am

One could write novels about how weird that 2006 tournament selection process went. I'm inclined to throw the entire thing out when it comes to analyzing it.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Born2Shock » March 23rd, 2017, 8:47 am

squirrel wrote:
Additionally, Bradley played the first third of the season without Patrick O'Bryant and Will Franklin, and still notched some decent non-con games. Even thought he Braves got pantsed in the championship game, they got an optics boost when DePaul (one of those Braves non-con wins) annihilated Syracuse by nearly 40 in on the final regular season games and Syracuse went on to win the Big East Tournament.

An argument could be made that they flip their first 2 conference losses (OT loss @ Wichita, loss @ Drake) if they had been a full team all along. Flip those 2 results they would have shared the regular season title with Wichita.

If we're allowed to flip 2 results, WSU is sitting on a 7-peat.

#perspective
Born2Shock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby mvcfan » March 23rd, 2017, 9:47 am

Cdizzle wrote:Records against D1 opponents Last 5 years (warrenNolan):

WSU 148-29 (.836)
UNI 101-63 (.616)
ISUr 100-65 (.606)
UE 93-72 (.564)
ISUb 76-79 (.490)
SIU 75-83 (.475)
MSU 65-90 (.419)
BU 54-108 (.333)
DU 48-102 (.320)

LUC Last 4 years:
61-66 (.480)

There is 1 team that has any right to complain about anything, and I think that situation is resolving itself. If their were 3-4 teams with legitimate complaints, this wouldn't be a thing to begin with.

Too many rationalization s on here. All you need to see the records on here to know why the Valley sucks and is doomed to irrelevancy.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » March 23rd, 2017, 12:49 pm

I wonder if Gonzaga fans are saying the same things about the WCC that WSU fans are saying about the MVC? (Honest question as both seem to be in a similar situation).
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SubGod22 » March 23rd, 2017, 1:29 pm

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:I wonder if Gonzaga fans are saying the same things about the WCC that WSU fans are saying about the MVC? (Honest question as both seem to be in a similar situation).

Gonzaga has another Top 25 team and BYU that helps them out. And usually a couple of the others may not be atrocious. They do have some dead weight. But they are also grouped with likeminded institutions on the academic side of things.

There's also no worries about the WCC falling apart. The MVC has a few schools that could still find ways out depending on circumstances. I'd have to think that at this point, if Wichita leaves or stays, that UNI, ISU and MSU would pretty much jump at any chance to move to an FBS conference. Wichita isn't going to wait around and see if that happens. Gonzaga only has to worry about BYU finding a home but that seems unlikely unless the XII stays together and invites them down the road. They're not getting into the PAC and they want nothing to do with the MWC.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirds4Life » March 23rd, 2017, 1:35 pm

Good Luck Shox. Hope you will some AAC titles. For your sake, I hope that UConn and Cincinnati stay put.
Redbirds4Life
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby uniftw » March 23rd, 2017, 2:12 pm

SubGod22 wrote:
UNIFanSince1983 wrote:I wonder if Gonzaga fans are saying the same things about the WCC that WSU fans are saying about the MVC? (Honest question as both seem to be in a similar situation).

Gonzaga has another Top 25 team and BYU that helps them out. And usually a couple of the others may not be atrocious. They do have some dead weight. But they are also grouped with likeminded institutions on the academic side of things.

There's also no worries about the WCC falling apart. The MVC has a few schools that could still find ways out depending on circumstances. I'd have to think that at this point, if Wichita leaves or stays, that UNI, ISU and MSU would pretty much jump at any chance to move to an FBS conference. Wichita isn't going to wait around and see if that happens. Gonzaga only has to worry about BYU finding a home but that seems unlikely unless the XII stays together and invites them down the road. They're not getting into the PAC and they want nothing to do with the MWC.

Well, it helps stability of conferences if teams aren't constantly screaming "THE CONFERENCE IS OUT TO GET US! IT'S THE CONFERENCES FAULT! THE CONFERENCE MAKES SURE WE DON'T WIN THE CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT" and so on and so forth.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » March 23rd, 2017, 2:21 pm

uniftw wrote:
SubGod22 wrote:

Well, it helps stability of conferences if teams aren't constantly screaming "THE CONFERENCE IS OUT TO GET US! IT'S THE CONFERENCES FAULT! THE CONFERENCE MAKES SURE WE DON'T WIN THE CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT" and so on and so forth.

Maybe the conference should have quit doing those things.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » March 23rd, 2017, 2:35 pm

Will WSU schedule a home and home series with current MVC schools?
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Haha » March 23rd, 2017, 2:38 pm

Redbirds4Life wrote:For your sake, I hope that UConn and Cincinnati stay put.

Not sure what you're getting at, a league that still would have the likes of Memphis, Tulsa, SMU, Houston somehow wouldn't be more attractive to Wichita State? Never mind the AAC would have a long list of quality mid majors wanting to be the replacement for those two. I just can't see any downside.
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball