Who Wins the MVC in 2017-18?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Who Wins the MVC in 2017-18?

Postby Wufan » April 7th, 2017, 5:38 am

I'm going to be on the LUC bandwagon next year. They have the right pieces. ISUr, MSU, and UNI are in the same tier. BU is next.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Lakesbison » April 7th, 2017, 6:33 am

1. ISUr
2. UNI
3. MSU
4. NDSU
5. Bradley
6. Loyola
7. SIU
8. Evansville
9. Indiana State
10. Drake
Lakesbison
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby jackwagon » April 7th, 2017, 7:16 am

People are underestimating the impact that losing Wyatt Lohaus to an injury last season. That forced Spencer to have to play point, and he isn't a point. It forced Rhodes to play more minutes that he should've. It forced J-Mo to over extend his role. It was a domino affect that caused 4 freshman to get significant minutes.

UNI will be fine.[/quote]

The same Wyatt Lohaus that averaged 4.5 points a game and had 13 Turnovers to 2 assists the entire season before going down with injury. Color me unimpressed.
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheDrake » April 7th, 2017, 7:28 am

I actually don't think Drake finishes last next year. Barring anymore transfers we should have a team with 5-6 seniors and a coach who supposedly knows what he's doing. Is this the season that Drake avoids the play-in game???
TheDrake
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdsEyeView » April 7th, 2017, 7:30 am

jackwagon wrote:
The same Wyatt Lohaus that averaged 4.5 points a game and had 13 Turnovers to 2 assists the entire season before going down with injury. Color me unimpressed.

Same thoughts here. Unless UNI has some stud redshirts and/or new Freshman or JuCo transfers coming in, I'm not sure they will be better next year.

Lohaus
Haldemann
McCloud
Carlson
Koch

That does not look like a contending lineup. Athletic teams like MSU, ISUr and Loyola will give them fits.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » April 7th, 2017, 9:08 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
jackwagon wrote:

Same thoughts here. Unless UNI has some stud redshirts and/or new Freshman or JuCo transfers coming in, I'm not sure they will be better next year.

Lohaus
Haldemann
McCloud
Carlson
Koch

That does not look like a contending lineup. Athletic teams like MSU, ISUr and Loyola will give them fits.
Yeah, that line up we ran out with Eglseder, Koch, Koch, Moran, Dunham, Ali, O'Rear. Man, that was a super athletic team.

Let's not forget the amazing rotation of athletes named Freidman, Carlson, Jeserpson, Bohannon, Tuttle, Singleton, Buss, and Lohaus that got UNI that top 10 rankings 2 years ago.

Let's not forget the names that got UNI to 3 straight NCAAs in the mid 00s like Jacobson, McKowen, Stout, Viet, Haak, Coleman, Gruber, etc...

Clearly, UNI has always had amazing "athletes" that have carried our program and our issue now is we don't have that same level of pure athletic talent.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » April 7th, 2017, 9:09 am

uniftw wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:
jackwagon wrote:

Lohaus
Haldemann
McCloud
Carlson
Koch

Yeah, that line up we ran out with Eglseder, Koch, Koch, Moran, Dunham, Ali, O'Rear. Man, that was a super athletic team.

Let's not forget the amazing rotation of athletes named Freidman, Carlson, Jeserpson, Bohannon, Tuttle, Singleton, Buss, and Lohaus that got UNI that top 10 rankings 2 years ago.

Let's not forget the names that got UNI to 3 straight NCAAs in the mid 00s like Jacobson, McKowen, Stout, Viet, Haak, Coleman, Gruber, etc...

Clearly, UNI has always had amazing "athletes" that have carried our program and our issue now is we don't have that same level of pure athletic talent.

Point taken.

For our sake, I hope that lineup above is good...without Shockers, we need you!
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BirdsEyeView » April 11th, 2017, 8:24 am

The only MVC team in this list at #8...

http://www.midmajormadness.com/2017/4/1 ... nd-vermont

With Muller's recruitment of Copeland and Clarance. Plus, Yarbrough (A10 Freshman of Year) coming in after a year sitting out due to transfer....as long as McIntosh sticks around, ISUr has to be the favorite now.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » April 11th, 2017, 8:41 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:The only MVC team in this list at #8...

With Muller's recruitment of Copeland and Clarance. Plus, Yarbrough (A10 Freshman of Year) coming in after a year sitting out due to transfer....as long as McIntosh sticks around, ISUr has to be the favorite now.

:+1:

Interesting to note...no mention of Valpo, Belmont or Murray St.
Other potential Valley adds:
UTA - 6th
Oakland - 9th
NMSU - 18th
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » April 11th, 2017, 9:36 am

Redhawk wrote:
BirdsEyeView wrote:The only MVC team in this list at #8...

:+1:

Interesting to note...no mention of Valpo, Belmont or Murray St.
Other potential Valley adds:
UTA - 6th
Oakland - 9th
NMSU - 18th

NMSU just lost their coach to New Mexico. Going to hire their 4th coach in 14 months. Ouch.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball