Who Wins the MVC in 2017-18?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Who Wins the MVC in 2017-18?

Postby mvfcfan » April 13th, 2017, 2:23 pm

Well one thing is for sure. It won't be Wichita State. So I really don't know why their fans are still trolling us with their "We're so much better than everyone" comments.
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby UEACES80 » April 13th, 2017, 3:12 pm

mvfcfan wrote:Well one thing is for sure. It won't be Wichita State. So I really don't know why their fans are still trolling us with their "We're so much better than everyone" comments.

:+1:

I will be glad when the locks on the door to the MVCFANS are changed and WSU fans don't get a set of keys.
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Aargh » April 13th, 2017, 3:30 pm

I think it looks like the most exciting league race in a very long time.

MSU should be in the hunt for the title with Johnson back. Dude is a STUD!
UNI will be a contender virtually every year with Jacobson coaching
Illinois State lost a lot but looks to have some guys who should be ready with the extra year and a starting spot.

I think IlSU will take it. Good talent and good coaching is a tough combination to beat.

I am hoping to demonstrate that WSU posters can be civil and maintain an interest in the MVC. There is no longer any reason or purpose in comparing WSU to other Valley schools. We might even be able to give an outside opinion that doesn't have any "homer" issues.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jwa123 » April 13th, 2017, 7:20 pm

Aargh, if you truly are civil and interested in the Valley, it would be helpful to drop the mediocre values conference from your tag line.
jwa123
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby UEACES80 » April 13th, 2017, 8:10 pm

@ Play Angry - Due to the quote below made by you I am done with you (blocked).

"You are simply a liar when you claim I justified the action."

I have no more time for someone who says that I am liar. It is too bad this event happened both for Molina and WSU. Some of us remember the lack of class shown by WSU and I will gladly root for WSU opponents next season and every season going forward as show of my Aces Pride.

Personally I wish you well but I refuse to read anymore of your slanderous comments.
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Play Angry » April 14th, 2017, 7:03 am

I mean, I guess it feels better to block someone for pointing out that you accused them of doing something they didn't do rather than simply admitting you were incorrect.

Probably for the best.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » April 14th, 2017, 7:17 am

Play Angry is a million times better than "The Observer/Championz/WSUFan88/ShockerFever"

ISUr should take it as long as our point guard play doesn't drop off too much and the team buys-in to Muller's defensive principles. Yarbrough should be NCOY. McIntosh should be running for POY (with Alize). DJ Clayton should be in the running for 6th Man of the Year. Elijah Clarance should have a great shot at FOY.

Fayne, McIntosh and Yarbrough are major candidates for 1st team all conference.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » April 14th, 2017, 5:54 pm

Our local beat writer makes his case for the Bears winning the Valley next year. I love the returning and incoming talent. I want to believe it. But I'm still dubious due to our current coach's resume to this point.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/sports ... 100443444/
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby underdawg » April 14th, 2017, 8:17 pm

I could see SIU finishing in top three or four

Projected starters for 2017-18

Point Guard; 6' 4" Marcus Bartley--transfer from St. Louis U

Two Spot: 6' 5" Sean Lloyd--Sophomore

Three Spot: 6'4" Armon Fletcher Junior

PF: 6' 8" Thik Bol--Senior has improved 15 foot J shot, blocks over 2 shots per game

C: 6' 10" Kavion Pippen Transfer from Three Rivers CC--blocks 2 shots per game
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BEARZ77 » April 15th, 2017, 7:17 am

underdawg wrote:I could see SIU finishing in top three or four

Projected starters for 2017-18

Point Guard; 6' 4" Marcus Bartley--transfer from St. Louis U

Two Spot: 6' 5" Sean Lloyd--Sophomore

Three Spot: 6'4" Armon Fletcher Junior

PF: 6' 8" Thik Bol--Senior has improved 15 foot J shot, blocks over 2 shots per game

C: 6' 10" Kavion Pippen Transfer from Three Rivers CC--blocks 2 shots per game

I see the race wide open; obviously with WSU gone there is no prohibitive favorite. Don't know what impact any new team will have till we see who that is. Some teams have really solid looking rosters
[ MSU/LOC/ISUr] while others have enough talent and perhaps better coaches [UNI /Bradley] to make a run. I put SIU somewhere in the middle of that, decent roster and a coach who is usually competitive but never great. While we've thought that before, it's probably a career make or break year for Lusk, at least as far as his time at MSU. We'll have to see.

Right now I lean towards the race looking like this:
ISUr
MSU
LOC
UNI
SIU
BU
ISUb
UE
DU

But it's early; obviously new teams could change that a bit and there's a whole summer to see how final rosters shake out among the contenders. The pressure is definitely on Lusk as our AD, president, and even Lusk himself admits this is his most talented roster and should contend for the title. We'll see; will be a fascinating year with the new teams and watching established teams trying to assert themselves.
Last edited by BEARZ77 on April 15th, 2017, 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball