Who Wins the MVC in 2017-18?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Who Wins the MVC in 2017-18?

Postby Rogers101 » April 12th, 2017, 3:28 pm

RoyalShock wrote:
Rogers101 wrote:Rousseau is returning to the Bears next season. This is great news! This team should stack up well vs everyone. I think they will be preseason favorites.

If Lusk can learn how to utilize the talent on that team, there's no reason the Bears shouldn't be right there with ISUr and Loyola, or even a step ahead.

We added a grad transfer as well from Howard. I think there should be enough talent up and down roster that HOPEFULLY he can't screw it up. We'll see..
Rogers101
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby UEACES80 » April 12th, 2017, 5:13 pm

2livewu wrote:

Evansville - Getting Evansvilled doesn't matter anymore.

Getting beaned before a game won't happen either!
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Play Angry » April 12th, 2017, 6:12 pm

Seems a bit disrespectful to your alum to repeatedly use his tragedy as your sword on here, especially in jest, but to each his own.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby UEACES80 » April 12th, 2017, 7:36 pm

What you see as disrespect - I see as pride that a savage assault occurred to a UE athlete and the other University was basically cold hearted and not ashamed.

I'll hang that hat you mentioned on UE defeating WSU twice in the season that WSU made an unlikely trip to the Final Four.

Go away WSU - I have no other hard feelings towards any other MVC members.
UEACES80
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Snaggletooth » April 12th, 2017, 7:48 pm

So I heard from the WSU announcers during a WSU baseball game that there is rumors of another MVC team looking to leave the conference. They wouldn't say who, but just there was a lot talk in their circles.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Old School MVC » April 12th, 2017, 8:03 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:So I heard from the WSU announcers during a WSU baseball game that there is rumors of another MVC team looking to leave the conference. They wouldn't say who, but just there was a lot talk in their circles.

Speculation, but would that be why they are targeting 2 teams?
Old School MVC
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BCPanther » April 12th, 2017, 8:15 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:So I heard from the WSU announcers during a WSU baseball game that there is rumors of another MVC team looking to leave the conference. They wouldn't say who, but just there was a lot talk in their circles.

It's gotta be somebody looking to move 'down'. Maybe Evansville to the Horizon or Indiana State to the OVC? Missouri State to the Sun Belt?

I mean Illinois State and UNI would take a MAC invite in a heartbeat but that doesn't seem likely until the MAC gets it's TV situation figured out. UNI would give it's left nut and sell its soul to the devil to get into the Mountain West, but again they're full in football and at this point don't want to come this far East.

The rest of the league doesn't seem like they'd be in a spot to go anywhere...
I wouldn't think
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rogers101 » April 12th, 2017, 8:32 pm

Hopefully Drake or Evansville wanting to move down. I doubt it, but why not.
Rogers101
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Drakey » April 12th, 2017, 8:46 pm

Why is the Horizon moving down? If you truly want Drake out of the conference you're just stupid. Drake won't always have an AD who screws up everything. It is the best market in the Valley. It's not like we are spending half of what everybody else does. I'm expecting Drake to be competitive in two to three years. I'm expecting more after that, but certainly would understand why nobody else does.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » April 12th, 2017, 9:01 pm

Drakey wrote:Why is the Horizon moving down? If you truly want Drake out of the conference you're just stupid. Drake won't always have an AD who screws up everything. It is the best market in the Valley. It's not like we are spending half of what everybody else does. I'm expecting Drake to be competitive in two to three years. I'm expecting more after that, but certainly would understand why nobody else does.

Drake's market (Des Moines) is better than Loyola's (Chicago)?

Otherwise, I agree with you. It's not like Drake is failing because they're not putting the resources into it.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball